Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Twilo vs Exit?

Originally posted by tyco:

Hmmm.....I don't agree with that.......I've seen more girls at Twilo, many of them very pretty, dance "for real"......not that repetitive "moving in the same way because I think I'm the sexiest one the club tonight" bullshit.......I think many girls at Twilo can break it down......in opposition, I think, in general, that girls at places like Exit are so damn worried about what they look like and what guys are looking at them........that's been my experience thus far.......

Mikey

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. When I was saying that I WAS NOT referring to the girls in the club. I was referring to the dancers that the club hire. If I was talking about the female Twilo patrons then I would also be talking about myself cause I'm a regular at Twilo also.

No, I was talking about the girls that the club hire to dance on those boxes. IMO Exit really do have prettier girl/guy dancers.

BlueAngel

------------------

“The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.” - Brendon Behan angel.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by blueangel:

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. When I was saying that I WAS NOT referring to the girls in the club. I was referring to the dancers that the club hire. If I was talking about the female Twilo patrons then I would also be talking about myself cause I'm a regular at Twilo also.

No, I was talking about the girls that the club hire to dance on those boxes. IMO Exit really do have prettier girl/guy dancers.

BlueAngel

Whoops......sorry about that.....totally missed the point......I agree with you in that respect then although I'm not really into those dancers anyway......lol

Mikey

------------------

"If there are two of us, I will gladly bite it in half....."

Originally posted by risa06:

when you say "Twilo IS the best club in the US" please do NOT forget to add " in MO"......cause to me and some other people its not the best club in NYC (no bashing)...and some people in the US don't even know about Twilo.............just MO

Lola

Lola - I stand corrected cwm30.gif IMO, Twilo is the BEST club in NYC...

As for liking what you like, I have agreed to this sor a while now. Music preference is just that, a preference and yes we are all free to judge what we do and don't like cwm7.gif

i gave exit another chance this past saturday and had a great time. maybe it was because i was there with my friends and i hooked up so much cwm32.gif maybe one day you may want to give twilo another shot... Maybe on PVD night on Feb. 9th. Although it will be crowded as hell and will get some rude peeps (unlike usual).

Until then have fun WHEREEVER you go cwm4.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif

I've got more girls on my tip than a human shish-ka-bob!

Originally posted by k_car:

Lola - I stand corrected cwm30.gif IMO, Twilo is the BEST club in NYC...

As for liking what you like, I have agreed to this sor a while now. Music preference is just that, a preference and yes we are all free to judge what we do and don't like cwm7.gif

i gave exit another chance this past saturday and had a great time. maybe it was because i was there with my friends and i hooked up so much cwm32.gif maybe one day you may want to give twilo another shot... Maybe on PVD night on Feb. 9th. Although it will be crowded as hell and will get some rude peeps (unlike usual).

Until then have fun WHEREEVER you go cwm4.gif

.....You too hun........... smile.gif

Lola

------------------

"I don't want you to love me........"

Originally posted by raver_mania:

FOXYROXY20:

I think the post you made about Twilo's popularity( or lack of), is the silliest and funniest post I've read so far. Are you trying to tell me you didn't know that Twilo is one of the most famous clubs in the world???? Do you really think that, when in Europe, you tell someone you're from NYC, they're gonna say "Oh so have you been to club Exit?"?? I prefer Twilo to stay the way it is...cuz for me a smaller venue means a better vibe and a more intimate setting with the DJs. Even if Exit got Twilo system and Djs I would still prefer to go Twilo.

You see Twilo is for music and a great vibe - it is NOT for guidos & guidettes trying to hook up. Thats why you have the other clubs. Not trying to bash other clubs, but musically Twilo is the best in the city - thats a known fact. IMO.

first of all , the only reason i made that statement about twilo is cause nycedee said:

"the only reason nyc is on the map globally for this music genre is because of twilo", which got me upset, cause nyc club scene isnt made just cause of twilo, i meant that not everyone goes to twilo, i think its not right for twilo ppl to always diss the other clubs besides twilo, i always see posts like, exit needs to burn, exit is full of guidos and sluts,etc . which isn't unfair. I did say twilo isnt for me, but i never got to the point of me saying exit is the best in nyc, or that twilo needs to burn. So when some ppl on this board said stuff like twilo is the best in nyc, etc. of course i get upset and i will say if twilo is so great then why do other clubs exist??

yeah its not the size of a club that makes the club, but i was just responding to nycedee post about twilo makes nyc., thats all.

I went to lots of clubs, gave it a try, if i dotn like one, i'll give it a couple of tries,then i won't go back, but i never said a particular club is the best in nyc and thats what makes nyc.

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Originally posted by nycedee:

Another question for ya...why do all the big-time international dj's spin twilo and not exit? why isn't sasha or pvd knocking down the door exit begging them to play for a larger crowd? do you think the owners of exit would say no to these guys? 'nuff said again.

i like exit just the way it is now. if pvd, or s&d would come to exit, i wouldnt go. I have nothing against twilo, i just don't like the music/style pvd, s&d plays. I haven't heard cc spin or sven vath yet live, but listened to sven vath's cd and didnt enjoy it.

------------------

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Originally posted by foxyroxy20:

first of all , the only reason i made that statement about twilo is cause nycedee said:

"the only reason nyc is on the map globally for this music genre is because of twilo", which got me upset, cause nyc club scene isnt made just cause of twilo, i meant that not everyone goes to twilo, i think its not right for twilo ppl to always diss the other clubs besides twilo, i always see posts like, exit needs to burn, exit is full of guidos and sluts,etc . which isn't unfair. I did say twilo isnt for me, but i never got to the point of me saying exit is the best in nyc, or that twilo needs to burn. So when some ppl on this board said stuff like twilo is the best in nyc, etc. of course i get upset and i will say if twilo is so great then why do other clubs exist??

yeah its not the size of a club that makes the club, but i was just responding to nycedee post about twilo makes nyc., thats all.

I went to lots of clubs, gave it a try, if i dotn like one, i'll give it a couple of tries,then i won't go back, but i never said a particular club is the best in nyc and thats what makes nyc.

I agree people shouldn't say things like Exit should burn cuz thats almost a personal insult to people who like the place. However, I'm pretty sure no-one, except Bastardino (whom we don't care about anyway) really says that. Anyway, each one of us thinks their club is the best one there is - NYC music scene is def. not made up of only one club. However, I AM saying if you go overseas, esp. Europe and other western countries, a lot of people would have heard of Twilo (cuz its pretty much at "super-club" status, like Home, Gatecrasher, Cream, etc) whereas people would not have heard of Exit or SOundfactory. Thats why we say Twilo puts NYC on the world map in terms of the music scene - cuz it draws the world's best talent. I'm also saying this from direct personal experience.

Another thing - many magazines (Mixmag, DjMag, etc) refer to "the legendary Twilo" whenever talk of NYC comes up.

These are basic facts and not anyone's opinon.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

did it ever cross your mind that some people might not like all these Djs that you just listed????? just a question............

thats why in my initial post I said they're either musically uneducated(ie, cannot distinguish between those DJs) or have narrow tastes in music ( I never said narrow minded, just said narrow taste in music - a huge difference). Thats why I wish people would read my posts carefully before jumping down my throat!

Because, between all those DJs I've mentioned, you've covered everything from progressive house to trance to techno to tech-house to hard trance...I believe the only major genres not covered are NYC style house, jungle, and DnB (Sasha plays some breakbeatz, not much though).

Assuming we're staying in the regime of electronic music only.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Originally posted by raver_mania:

thats why in my initial post I said they're either musically uneducated(ie, cannot distinguish between those DJs) or have narrow tastes in music ( I never said narrow minded, just said narrow taste in music - a huge difference). Thats why I wish people would read my posts carefully before jumping down my throat!

Because, between all those DJs I've mentioned, you've covered everything from progressive house to trance to techno to tech-house to hard trance...I believe the only major genres not covered are NYC style house, jungle, and DnB (Sasha plays some breakbeatz, not much though).

Assuming we're staying in the regime of electronic music only.

what I meant is...all these Djs might play the same type of musik (hard trance, house ....) but they all have different style...different skills...so may be those people who don't like the Djs that you listed like Djs/their style that play at Exit and Sf and all these other clubs that you might not like....whatever.....I'm just saying that I don't think its right for you to call some people "musically uneducated" cause I for example went to musik school for 7 years and play piano....so I don't think I'm in some way "musically uneducated"......just MO.......... smile.gif

have a great day

~Lola~

------------------

"I don't want you to love me........"

what I meant is...all these Djs might play the same type of musik (hard trance, house ....) but they all have different style...different skills...so may be those people who don't like the Djs that you listed like Djs/their style that play at Exit and Sf and all these other clubs that you might not like....whatever.....I'm just saying that I don't think its right for you to call some people "musically uneducated" cause I for example went to musik school for 7 years and play piano....so I don't think I'm in some way "musically uneducated"......just MO.......... smile.gif

have a great day

~Lola~

i agree cwm7.gif

------------------

amafrk1@yahoo.com

did it ever cross your mind that some people might not like all these Djs that you just listed????? just a question............

let's try to be fair here. this post was not meant to cause drama, just some advice for a relative novice to twilo and exit. everyone has different tastes and there are good points to BOTH exit and twilo. once again it is personal preference or what mood one is in.

my question for you is this: i've been to twilo countless times and i admit that i haven't heard all of the dj's raver mania mentioned. have you? prolly not, so how can you even make the comments that you make??? i just don't understand it... do you even know what genre of electronic music these people play?

i may be mistaken of your knowledge on this and if i am wrong, i apologize in advance.

one thing i will say about twilo and the music is that my first 3-4 times (yes, that many), i really couldn't appreciate the music that much b/c when i first went there, i really went there just as many people go clubbing for... i didn't know how to differentiate between good djs and mixing of good tunes. every time i go know, i learn more and more and appreciate it more and more. the same goes for any one of the aforementioned cds. first time you listen to it, it's ok... then the more you listen to it, it's like - WOW!!! this is f*cking off the hook! i can't say the same for exit's music though... very poor mixing.

don't get me wrong, i like exit as well... for it's own virtues, but for pure music and vibe, twilo is king!

just my $0.02.

cwm30.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif

I've got more girls on my tip than a human shish-ka-bob!

wow! a lot of info. eek.gif

i wasn't trying to start a war though, just give a basis of comparison because i doubt ya'll have been to too many clubs here in boston and most suck and are really small.

there is a really cool latin/salsa club but that is besides the point.

but i gotta say seeing pvd here at Axis in november was amazing specifically cause it was a small venue . . . that up-close and personal feel. (i almost came up to NYC to see him spin again the next night at Twilo but my friends fell thru)

i will be at twilo this friday cause i want to see S&D and check the place out. the night i am more concerned about is <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/newyearseve/">new year's eve</a> . . . .

as far as hooking up at Exit, there are definitely a lot of horny guys there! somehow the one i ended up with looked pretty good in daylight and was really sweet, but he wasn't from NYC either - guess outsiders attract each other, huh?

i like to dress up kinda sexy when i head out but i am not offended by others who dress in whatever they feel comfortable in. but if it'll make me stick out like a sore thumb i have plenty of other stuff i can wear - though that is part of why you go out, an excuse to wear your leather pants wink.gif

as far as drugs - i dabble but i find it sketchy to just randomly roll off of stuff you can't trust. so i'll prolly just be drinking . . . .

and from looking at other posts i guess you guys all meet up? it might be fun to say hi and meet some NYC peeps so let me know.

when i was at Exit my friend left at 4AM but i stayed til 6:30ish, no point in doing it half-assed! smile.gif