Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who Used to go to LIMELIGHT in the Early 90's?

k_car

Those were the days... Cranking hard techno music, people dressed in biking outfits, topless dancers in cages, "dry" sex shows on the stage and who cold ever forget that silver robot guy going back and forth on the cat walk... and all those crazy rooms...

i remember when "o fortuna" came on one time and the WHOLE friggin crowd, as crammed as it was, moved in unison and euphoria...

*sigh* those were some fun times. maybe after an 8 year absence, i'll hit up limelight for a gatecrasher party cwm17.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif

"Strangers are just friends waiting to happen." - Old Sage Twilo

91 and on... smile.gif

I had a friend who danced in one of those cages.. smile.gif

who can forget all the ravers on the stage doing the stomping dance..now that was some hard and fast music!!

But..my fav place was the cave room...they had the house goin on in there... smile.gif

-J

-J

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

Originally posted by Jilly:

91 and on... smile.gif

who can forget all the ravers on the stage doing the stomping dance..now that was some hard and fast music!!

But..my fav place was the cave room...they had the house goin on in there... smile.gif

-J

-J

she must have been HOT *drool*

oh yeah... that dance was phat!!!

and you could always go out of the main dance floor and chill at the bar/lounge area or hit the hip-hop room next door cwm20.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif

I have chills running up and down my body from reading all of these old school memories. It was like a whole different world up in that place. Now, years later, I have lived right by it for 2 years, and juding by the super super cheezy crowds I always see outside, I may never make it inside again. But come on, Centro is right around the corner and thats where youll find me now for the most part.

Peace,

Michael

------------------

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Originally posted by Jilly:

91 and on... smile.gif

-J

-J

LOL. all my friends were into hardcore and they used to be up on stage stomping around. i prefered just to be dancing on the dance floor. wow i totally forgot how nutz limelight could get when they plaued some hard ass music!!!

------------------

cop.gif

And i think to myself what a wonderful world!!!!

AOL J303J

do you remember songs like "dominator", "insomniac", "injected with a poison"... OMG... so different from techno/tance now, but if it wasn't for these oldies but goodies, electronic music wouldn't be what it is today...

remember any other songs???

------------------

calvinan.gif

That silver guy was Astro Earl, Oh my God!!!! I was a dj there for 2 1/2 years in the shampoo room from 92-94. I use to love that place. Now I hope peter gatien and his evil wife Alex lose it so a real club owner could buy it and bring back the vibe!!!!!1

the shampoo room. chicks dancing in cages hanging from the ceiling. "injected with a poison". Limelight was the first NYC club i ever went to. 1993. i was 20 years old. we used to just go so we could smoke blunts and hang out in the hip-hop room. saw my first public sexual act there. some guy gettin a blow job on the very top floor. was like "wow! you see that!" so naive. brings back some memories.

------------------

house_music.gif

Guest crystalmethodny

Disco 2000, Futureshock... Corbett still in the hizzouse!

93 and on for me.

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

www.extremegroove.com

my friend rob was djing theere once on the mainfloor and all of a sudden the light went on and there were cops everywhere. i was freekin out cause i was banged up. they kicked everyone out of the club. found out later that night that some guy got shot in the shampoo room. after that they checked people a little harder. i used to go alot on thursdays cause they had the hardcore parties there wich was pretty cool. i really miss limelight aqlot.

------------------

cop.gif

And i think to myself what a wonderful world!!!!

AOL J303J

Originally posted by enyce2000:

WAIT I GOT IT REMEMBER "JAMES BROWN IS DEAD"

AND THERE WAS A SONG THAT HAD A CAT MEOWING IN IT DO REM. THE NAME?

ence2000 - "james brown is dead" was phat when it first came out and then it got a little too commercial... then came "james brown is still alive" and "james brown had sex". those were good too.

DUDE!!! i remember that song!!! now i have chills!!! cwm4.gif cat meowing in the background and a small boy's voice saying something like, "mommy, can you..." that was one of my favs!!! it's at the tip of my tongue...

anyone else remember this one??? cwm13.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif

Originally posted by SPHERIC:

That silver guy was Astro Earl, Oh my God!!!! I was a dj there for 2 1/2 years in the shampoo room from 92-94. I use to love that place. Now I hope peter gatien and his evil wife Alex lose it so a real club owner could buy it and bring back the vibe!!!!!1

i knew there was a reason we were so amicable in our exit/twilo debates

cwm32.gif great grass roots!!!!

------------------

calvinan.gif