Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mansion New Jersey , No big Deal !

Finally got the chance to head down to brick nj with a couple of friends last friday night after work to check out "the mansion" No Big Deal ! We got there and the lot had quite a bit of cars but it must have been for the movies ! There wasnt much of a line and from what was on line no hot ladys so we kinda had second thoughts and were debating on driving south another half hour to the sawmill which we wish we did after paying a ten spot at the door to only find a bunch of busted looking people and a bad CDJ " Music was loud and sounded like a train wreck , my opinion ' get some turntables and a real DJ " The place was real dark my guess was to hide all the busted looking people ! LoL ! Well we decided to try and make the best of it which looked like it was going to be hard to do unless we consumed plenty of bevy's unfortunatly for us they didnt have any bevy's we ordered No Redbull ? No Heineken ? No Amstel ? Whats Up ? We left shortly after and I do mean shortly ! should of trusted our second thoughts ! The place has potential , I think , for a forty and over crowd ! "LAST COMMENTS" Nothing like the real jersey shore ! If you cant smell that ocean breeze its just not the jersey shore !

...wow.....u would rather hang at the sawmill then this place...thats BAD!....sawmill?..like seaside...in march?..when all the people that ACTUALLY LIVE THERE will be at this bar...ON THE BOARDWALK!?..the same boardwalk i havent been on in years cause it's too gross to conceive........

..wow....that says a lot about this place..

I was thinking the same thing. I would like to hear a real person give a review. How about Saturday nights vs. Fridays?

a very good friend of mine went there not to long ago and had a great time he said. of course a few things could be fixed but u see shit like that at every club. my friend is not a big club person either so for him to have a good time, then the place must be worth going to. and this guy is complaining about a 10 dollar entry. get out a lil more bro, everywhere you go it is like 10-20 to get in anywhere. i guess mansion is the first club you ever been too. shit i have promoted nightclubs for about 8 years now, and there are still some clubs that i have to pay to get in. thats how the owners make money, get over it. also seems like you went with a bunch of busted ass dudes looking to get laid cause all you complain about is that everyone was busted. maybe it was that you guys were busted and not the girls that looked past you guys.

i will hit this place up in the next week or two and give my real review of it. i hate when people piss all over a club - loung - restaurant because of stupid shit.

Z

I havnt been to the mansion yet actually going on Fri...so i dont know how it sounds or looks like other then when i was there b4 construction...

as for the saw mill yes its a bar in seaside....but i think people speak of the sawmill and mean the Green room upstairs when talking about a club atmosphere...Fri @ Green Room is cover bands & dj & Saturdays i Dj....

We have had no impact or loss of business from mansion on any nights, so the owner and staff wishes mansion the best of luck...I am friends with cheyne who djs on Sat and wish the best for him too..Its two different scenes and far enough away to have differnt clientel...

as for food there pizza and clams are good...

fyi locals dont really hang out @ the sawmill at night they go to hooks, riggers and Frankie and Johnnys....

example there was an accident on the bridge coming from toms river to seaside that was 3 miles long @ 11pm....thats all people coming to seaside to party...

I am the General manager of Mansion Night Club in Brick. We opened six weeks ago with a huge grand opening weekend and had designs on having first rate mainstream house parties on both Friday and Saturday nights. As with any nightclub the clientele will decide which nights will be a success. In our case after the first few weeks it was clear despite our best efforts that Saturday night would be our featured night. I have been a bartender, manager and event promoter in New Jersey clubs for over a decade. I rarely ever post on this site or anywhere else and think the club and the night speak for themselves. As for Saturday Nights, our DJ is Cheyne Christian and he has been been absolutely killing it all night. We have been packed since opening night, both our main room dance floors are packed and the bars are jamming. I don't think anybody who has been there on Saturday nights will leave feeling cheated out of their ten bucks. If anybody on Clubplanet would like to check it out for themselves feel free to send me a message and I will get you a comp for the night. I work the main bar and it seems to me like every body is having a very good time. We do have a dress code which we enforce, if you insist on wearing sneakers and hats our club is not for you. I think our clientele is exceptionally well dressed and attractive, even the dudes.

As for Fridays- We are in transition from a mainstream house format to a rock/hip-hop/groove lounge theme. If that sounds appealing to you look for our promotions coming next week. If you like great house music, please come on Saturday Night. We offer bottle service at a very reasonable rate for those who like to have a table and we have an upstairs lounge which can also be reserved.

For those who have come in and checked us out myself and the management would like to thank you and let you know we have a lot of great events coming in April and May. We will have our first ever VIP giveaway. We will be celebrating Cheyne's B-day with huge surprise guest DJ's. And we will be throwing a huge concert featuring two huge acts. All promos will be coming out next week.

well as far as mansion goes on either fri or sat nites... the bottom line, the place has potential. but as far as charging a cover charge in the winter, here in bricktucky, i think they are outta there minds. there was only ONE club in the history of brick that survived and did rather well. for those of you a lil bit older, you may remember pinnochios or richards. both of which were on the water at what is now the crystal point. they were a staple for the winter months and survived a slow summer. every winter coming back strong with a very very solid wednesday nite. ive already seen the writing on the walls with mansion. everything screams half assed, sorry. but thats MY opinion. and being this is a message board, deal with it. go cry to your momma if it offends your pathetic ass. there's already ads out there for bands that will be performing @ mansion. i think that manager needs to get things straight if local bands are promoting the club too. first off mansion's website sux ass, biggest waste of a domain i've ever seen. money not well spent. its NOT informative, it's not updated accordingly and has very little useful info on it. next... if mansion's such a hot house music place on sat nites, then why bring inbands ? if they're in another room, then name that room and tell us all how u plan on keeping out people with sneakers & hats that are gonna go see a band ??? the poor club is less than 2 months old and already changing formats ... ??? hopefully they'll get their act together over the summer when the place is empty and everyone's goin to the shore. if you guys plan it out right, come sept you'll be able to take a chunk outta jenks and a few other places. good luck thats all i gotta say. but if u think you're gonna come to brick chargin cover charges ... year round... dont plan on stayin too long. as much as i think cheyne is a nice guy and a decent dj... i wouldnt pay $10 to hear him play, especially in bricktown, in a converted banquet hall. one last thing, do something with your sound system and dj booth, you'll never get a high end dj to play in this place with the booth the way it is. i seen it, and it's a joke. the friends i have would never play there, and the sound needs help too, the room isnt setup properly and it's eq'ed wrong as well. speakers out of phase, etc.

take some criticism and stop whining like bitches ... maybe, just maybe come september if you can get yer acts together there, you'll have a hot club like u want so bad.