Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Define "vibe"

I'd say "vibe" is really individual. What may feel like a good "vibe" to me may feel horrible to someone else.

Vibe I'd say, is the energy of a place. How the places feels in a none visceral sense....the atmosphere.

For example, you ever walk into a room and something just feels wrong about it? Makes your skin crawl or you just don't feel comfortable? That's a bad vibe. A good vibe would be someplace you walk in and you suddenly feel right at home.

Music, space, people...all of them contribute to whether or not a place feels good for you to be there.

Or in 10 words or less I'd say a good vibe is a place with spirit, energy, soul, and a touch of warmth.

For me at least ;-)

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."

---"You have wings! Why don't I have wings?!"

---"Cause you're a boy, silly."

"For the Greeks, the hidden life demanded invisible ink. They wrote an ordinary letter and in between the lines set out to write another letter, written in milk. The document looked innocent enough until one who knew better sprinkled coal-dust over it. What the letter had been no longer mattered: what mattered was the life flaring up undetected..."

The vibe is the feeling in the air from the minute you walk in the door. It's not just one thing, it's the combination of the music, the people, the lights, and the energy. A good vibe to me, really has to do with the atmosphere all together. In other words, when you walk in a club and people are smiling and all you can see is thousands of heads bumping and and hands raised in the air, that's a good vibe. I don't know how much the dj has to do with the vibe, because I've seen great DJ's spinning some crazy shit, but I was not impressed with the vibe

------------------

A bag of KB's, $60

A glass bowl, $85

A liter, $ 1

GETTING HIGH, PRICELESS!!

I'd say that VIBE=ENERGY that the crowd produces at a certain place. Some clubs have really strong happy vibes (PVD at Twilo), everywhere you look all you see if smiling faces and you FEEL that happiness along with the rest of the crowd. Some places have really negative vibes (no example smile.gif), where you walk in and you don't feel comfortable. Personally, a bad vibe for me is when ppl look you up and down, judge you based on how you're dressed, who you come in with, how you dance.. all that. Or be disrespectful like grope you everywhere, be rude and not apologize when accidentally push you.. Just something that leaves a not-so-pleasant feeling inside when you leave. It's definitely one of those things you FEEL and not see or hear.

Originally posted by mattyparsons:

i can't really describe it in words, so i'll use an example....

twilo every damn friday

Amen, brother-man... Amen.

cwm30.gif

- meli -

------------------

bubbles_06b.icobubbles_02.icobubbles_07.icobubbles_04.icobubbles_01.ico

"MeliChaCha -- Saving the world before bedtime... wait... I'm supposed to SLEEP?!"

... and to all my people, "Peace -- and Humpty-ness forever!"

AIM: MeliChaCha

E-MAIL: MeliChaCha@powerpuff.com <--- new addy!

OR MeliChaCha@aol.com

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

I'd say that VIBE=ENERGY that the crowd produces at a certain place. Some clubs have really strong happy vibes (PVD at Twilo), everywhere you look all you see if smiling faces and you FEEL that happiness along with the rest of the crowd. Some places have really negative vibes (no example smile.gif), where you walk in and you don't feel comfortable. Personally, a bad vibe for me is when ppl look you up and down, judge you based on how you're dressed, who you come in with, how you dance.. all that. Or be disrespectful like grope you everywhere, be rude and not apologize when accidentally push you.. Just something that leaves a not-so-pleasant feeling inside when you leave. It's definitely one of those things you FEEL and not see or hear.

That is a great description! cwm12.gif