Clubplanet Nightlife Community

April 13-15

mikea3d

Coming to Vegas Thursday-Saturday April 13-15 and need some suggestions. Last time out I went to OPM two nights and had a great time (thanks Masterweb).

It will be just my new girl and I this time. We are both around 30 and caucasian. I love hip hop and can handle some house and other stuff. She is pretty much into anything. As long as it's not entirely house, we will be ok with it.

We would like to hit a different spot each night. I would like to go see Masterweb at least one night - it looks like Saturday because they have a concert scheduled for Friday. So, if that is the case - we are looking at Thursday and Friday.

Some of the places I had in mind are Tao, Pure, Tryst, Jet.

We both like to dance, but also enjoy just drinking and people watching.

So, if anybody could come up with an itinerary for us based on the info I have just given, it would definitely be appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm happy you enjoyed OPM so much your last trip.

Thursday I'd definitely recommend TAO as first choice.

Friday all three other choices are great. I personally recommend Tryst because it is a beautiful club attracting a more mature crowd. It will also provides a complete contrast to the more urban "get down and sweat, get your swurv on" atmosphere you'll enjoy at OPM on Saturday!

Contact me before you come to OPM so I can set things up right for you.

-djmw

Our personal favorite venue in Las Vegas is Tao. We have sent a number of clients to Tao and they have all been pleased. We also love the setup and class of Tryst. If it will be your and girlfriend, you have to decide which mood you are trying to set. If you want to be in a "sexy" environment, we would suggest Tryst first and foremost. If you want to go to a classy venue with a few different types of music to choose from, we would suggest Tao.

Pure is a great club, but it get's beyond uncomfortably packed. We went by Pure on Saturday around 12:30 and there was roughly 1,000 people in front of the club trying to get in. Everyone wants to go to Pure because they hear that it's the "place to be." Unfortunately, the "place to be" is so crowded, it's nearly impossible to walk through the club, and definitely impossible to dance. Tao, Tryst, and Jet also get crowded, but there is still a bit of room to move.

If you really want to hit the hot spots, then would definitely agree that Tao is where you want to be on Thursday. Get there early, it packs up real quick and the decor is such that you'll want to take a stroll around the entire layout before it gets too crowded.

Tryst is also a great option that night, also popular.

For Friday I'd recommend Jet. I just love the three separate rooms and the overall layout. Very easy to move around even when packed, and always a very sociable crowd.

Another option for Friday is to check out ICE. Joey Mazzola is playing the main room that night and his sets are really burning up these days, and if you've never been to ICE then it's worth a trip for the amazing sound system, lights, and of course that crazy fog. If you need a break from the electronic in the arena you can always escape to the lounge for a dose of hip-hop. Not a lot of talk about this club on the boards these days but I still think it's an outstanding venue.

The roof deck at Pure is something to be experienced but I definitely agree that on Fridays the place is just way too crowded and too much of a zoo to bother.

Definitely head over to mix for a few cocktails on one of your early evenings. Mix is entirely electronic, but if you go early in the evening the mix is fairly mellow and funky. Took a few friends two weeks back, they're the type that always say how much they hate house, but they dug the music there. The incredible view and the great crowd inside certainly helped influence their opinion. :)

So long as you're not looking for something else that'll provide the OPM experience, I think any of these places will do you straight.

First off, thanks for the responses. We are definitely looking for a different experience each night.

Our flights land around 7:30 on Thursday night (2 different cities, unfortunately) so hopefully there won't be any delays.

It looks like Tao for sure on Thursday.

Mix sounds like a great place to start out on Friday. Then, it sounds like we can't go wrong with Tryst or Jet.

And then we'll hit OPM on Saturday.

I'm sure we'll be back again in a few months, so whatever we miss we'll catch on the next time around.

I love your comment masterweb....Buddy listen...I am 25 year old professional that loves to party. And honestly if your going to Vegas...just to find some ass...you will have a better time staying in the room and ordering some whores....Girls can feel if you want to have a good time or if you are only there to hook up. I guarantee you, you go somewhere dressed good have fun with your buddy...drink it up, dance it up you will get laid but if your searching for a chick to get her drunk so you can get laid...your going to be so crapped out at the end of the night....Just have fun and it will all fall in place if you got any game...

I would have to say tryst...Jet is thee hot spot right now...Hell their add is "Jet - Silicone or Salene" I think that pretty much sums it up as everyone wants to get in there.....Tryst is more of an upscale crowd and honestly I think being that the club is located inside the Wynn almost intimidates people who are afraid to spend money....and of course "I ain't sayin she a gold digger but she ain't...." well you know the rest....the more upscale girls love to get loose there and have fun....Jet can get really packed and like light the walkways suck and can.....make it hard to make your way through the club freely....

On the other hand, Jet being much larger and with 3 different rooms of music can arguably provide someone with more opportunity to find what they're looking for... whether it's a certain vibe, music or member of the opposite sex. :)

The main room at Jet can definitely get a bit too packed (though I still say it's not as bad as Tao) but the house and "rock" rooms in my opinion are just right in terms of crowd and atmosphere.

Epope speaks the truth though when he talks about the attitude you carry. It's always easy to spot horny desperation in the club!

The main room at Jet can definitely get a bit too packed (though I still say it's not as bad as Tao) but the house and "rock" rooms in my opinion are just right in terms of crowd and atmosphere.

Yeah I agree. I have friends that work at Jet and I have only been there once on a Monday.

The house and rock/80s room were perfect. I would much rather have a table in one of these rooms. Not to crowded.

However a corner booth on the dance floor is nice too....But your right Greenie both the rooms are a lot of fun.

I am partial to Tryst I guess because half the staff there are personal friends of mine. And I like the out side patio and honestly on there busiest nights you can walk through there fairly easy.

I have to agree with epope. Jet gets slammed every night that they are open (Friday through Monday). There is no room at all to move around. Tryst also gets slammed, but their outdoor area around the lake gives you a breath of fresh air, leaving you enough room to relax.