Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jeans in the club?!

dillyyo

Can't speak for Tryst, but at BE, Jet and Pure you can rock your jeans.

Big question to ask is what your plans are to get in to these places. If you're doing bottles then you'll be fine (and your host would let you know if there were wardrobe expectations). But if you're just lining up, remember there's no hard-and-fast rules when it comes to who the door allows in... and nicer threads never hurt.

Personally I prefer to step up in the clothing department when I'm in town. Maybe it's helped me get in to a few places a bit faster, maybe not.

Any ... dance .... club, not ultralounge, but nightclub/danceclub that tells/enforces guys to wear dress pants and jackets/blazers all night, not just at door entry, really needs to wake up and realize this is 2006.

Can't speak for Tryst, but at BE, Jet and Pure you can rock your jeans.

Big question to ask is what your plans are to get in to these places. If you're doing bottles then you'll be fine (and your host would let you know if there were wardrobe expectations). But if you're just lining up, remember there's no hard-and-fast rules when it comes to who the door allows in... and nicer threads never hurt.

Personally I prefer to step up in the clothing department when I'm in town. Maybe it's helped me get in to a few places a bit faster, maybe not.

Well we plan on doing bottles, but hopefully picking up some honeys to help. Honestly, I live in NJ and frequent everywheres in NYC and I frequent Miami and I never have a problem getting into a club/lounge with jeans as long as you are trendy. Nothing worse than a guy who has on $8000 worth of clothing and accessories, but drives a Kia. LOL I stay within my realm.

I would have to say almost any club in the US will allow Jeans. Its the overall appearance. The clubs know that based upon what Hollywood Celebs and New York Celebs and Miami and Vegas Celebs have set as the status quo. A few years back all the celebs were dressing really nice when going out. Dressing in suits or blazers, with collored shirts. A short time later celebs a younger genre of celebs set the precidence by starting to wear the whole abercrombie, hollister, diezel fashion. And by doing so the clubs had to adapt. So now you are able to pull of the whole grunge kind of i dont care look with trackjackets, t-shirts and jeans and diezel shoes...Hell I do!! Lololol.....So its not necessarily the dress code...now I will say this if you show up with basketball shoes....expect that you will get turned away. Especially if your not one!! Lololol...Now if your spending X amount of dollars on Tables and you got 50k around your neck expect that you will be able to get away with much more than the average person. But that will cleary determine your VIP status. But honestly if you match up to the fashionable standards and are overall cool people you can get in anywhere. Its the people that are boarderline dress that walk up like they own the club demanding shit that usually get shut down....

The bottom line is that you need to present yourself well. Remember that the doors of the most popular clubs can be as fickle as they want on any given night.

While I've rarely see people turned away from the Vegas hot spots for the way they're dressed, I regularly see them asked to stand to the side while people behind them in line are waved forward. And it's not unheard of once a club is at or near capacity to hear management tell their door staff things like "try to limit the t-shirts" or "no more torn jeans on guys."

Finally, keep in mind that your definition of "jeans" may not be the same as a regular clubber wearing "jeans." If you're still curious then just go take a look at the photos on NapkinNights and/or the club websites themselves.

I got into Ra a few times wearing Adidas sweat suits with Adidas shoes with fat laces when it was one of the top spots to be. Actually, one of the times was on a Wednesday and Paul Van Dyke was spinning. I had to see how far I could push the envelope.