Clubplanet Nightlife Community

any howells reviews? what did everyone think?

my howells 4-7 am , ***3/4+ of 5 stars

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i agree dh has been very unpredictable since arc. in retrosp[ect some of his arc sets- like halloween for example- look like peaks in his nyc dates....still i enjoyed his 3 spirit sets in 2005- he mixed it up, some tribal, some tech, some trance....

i was on lower east last night til almost 4. got to crobar then.

the word from a lot of people was that howells was not good.

from 4 to 5 i heard some progg type stuff that was head music but not rhythmic enough for me. i was not there from 12-4 but thats a long time to wait for him to get going. the last spirit set forexample started deep house for an hour but then picked up speed by 12-1 .

by 5 last night dh suddenly kicked it into gear. he whipped out the hard tech house & dirty filthy progg bass line stompers. by 530 or so he was awesome, it was a solid hour of nasty bass line tech house and hard house til 6 or 630. we wanted him to keep going but somehow dh was in a closing mood? so i would rate 5-630 as ****1/2 and he played a couple nice melodic house jams towards 7 close.

what i heard from 4 to 5 am wasnt even *** territory so i found the night to be less than i expected and so many people when i came in & til 5 said howells was very disappointing. i LOVED it from 5- to close, so I'll rate the night ***3/4+ something wasnt kicking last night & I wonder wht dh saved his best for the last 1-2 hours- sometimes he'll give you a full 6-8 hours from trance to house to techno to filthy progg.

curious what others thought espec what he was doing from 12-4

if you look at rhythmism most people thought it was awful, when i got there at 4- many people told me it was terrible, I loved 5-7

The guy is just plain weird!!!!! The 1st time I heard him at Spirit like 6 mons ago, he was amazing!!!!! Then I went again to Spirit to see hm like 2 mons later, and he was just plain horrible!!! He can go on his minimal tagents. But Ill tell you something, the man has weapons of mass destruction, that not many other DJs have. When he drops some of those atomic bombs, it is like a small country has been killed! When he is on, like the 1st time I heard him at Spirit, Look out, you will not be able to stand still. If the man was more consistant, he would be a top 10 DJ easy!! Some of his edits are out of this world too. They never get released so not many peeps will know about them. He has this one edit:

Layo & Bushwacka - Sly & the family Stone (Howells edit). It is ridiculous.

that song.....

sly and the family stone - dance to the music ( layo and bushwacka - dh edit ) is fucking NUTS.....

can anyone share the wealth pls??? ive been looking for it for ages

Yea good luck gettin that, Like 10 people have, and the ones who do have it, are not giving it up

i have the sly and the family stone - dance to the music ( layo and bushwacka mix ) ... but i dont have the DH edit

ive heard it a couple of times in clubs and i thought i had it....but everytime i would hear it i would go home and listen to the version i have and they are quite different.... i figured someone REmixed the layo and bushwacka mix and i later found out that it was the howeller. ever since ive been dying to get that mix.

that track is a fucking bomb.