Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JR Vasquez & (Host) Christina Visca give you BASSLINE: The Return 2006 4/28/06

For those who go way back in time of NYC, Bassline was created by Junior Vasquez and Christina Visca among others. Christina Visca is starting the party again in Tribeca starting 4/28/06 on FRIDAY NIGHTS. Grand Opening party starts with Junior Vasquez on the decks. I don't know much info on this so go to

J U N I O R V A S Q U E Z M U S I C . C O M

for more info:balloon: .

If anyone has more info on this please add.

BASSLINE

a.k.a The Standard

150 Varick Street

Btwn. Spring & Vandam Strs.

New York , NY 10013

Phone: 646-862-6113

Admission $20.00 Doors open 11pm-3am

Dancing till 7am

Guest gabo

Christina Visca? oh shit Ive hung out with her several times back in the day! shes a cool ass chick... lost contact after I lost her email.

Here's a little club history for us young ones, which I found on a google search.:)

JUNIOR VASQUEZ

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=46169329

Junior Vasquez has been at the forefront of the dance music scene for over twenty years now. He started out, as many of todays young DJs do, making mix tapes for friends in the early eighties. One of his friends, a young visionary who was just beginning to make a name for himself among the Bohemian art set, invited Junior to DJ at a private party he was throwing in the West Village. The artist was Keith Haring and the parties were the now infamous Carmine Street Pool Parties. The young DJ, with his transfixing mixes of the days biggest dance hits and underground club nuggets, became an instant sensation among downtown trendsetters and soon Junior was in search of a permanent venue to reach a wider audience. His only option was to open a new club, which he did. Bassline, in New Yorks Tribeca, became Juniors first house and he welcomed a seemingly ever-growing crowd. So many, in fact, that within two years, the crowds outgrew the space. None of the citys established venues were equipped properly for his needs. (Junior is the consummate perfectionist when it comes to his craft) Junior needed a new home, one that he envisioned as strictly afterhours, strictly underground. His answer was The Sound Factory, the legendary club that is still considered to have been the Mecca of all dance clubs. (It later became Twilo and is currently Spirit.)

paradise garage?

This is the....

Paradise Garage

pg-sign.jpg

In September of 1977 one of the worlds most influential clubs opened up in New York's Greenwich Village, at 84 King Street. No one knew back then that this club would live for a decade and that it would also give name to an own music genre - "Garage"...

The club was of course the legendary Paradise Garage or - "the Garage" as the regular guests used to refer to it. The club was owned and run by the late Michael Brody.

When the Garage opened in September of 1977, the club was far from ready so originally there were only "construction parties" held and during this time of construction the club was called the 84 King Street Garage, to later become the Paradise Garage by the official opening in February 17, 1978.

The Garage was not fully completed by the opening and they kept throwing "construction parties" occasionally for yet another year...

The club fast became a very important piece to the now rapidly grooving Disco Music scene. The club with its very open-minded, mainly black gay clientele became one of the trendiest places in no time. Everyone wanted to know what was going on there and wanted to test their songs/remixes on the Garage audience.

As famous and legendary as the club itself was the Garage's DJ - the late Larry Levan. Larry was the resident DJ of "the Garage" and to many people he was "the Garage". Lots of people, and other DJ's, came to the club just to hear him play... He was a true master behind the turntables.

Unfortunately the club was forced to close down in September 26, 1987.

http://www.disco-disco.com/clubs/paradise.html

Here's a better PDF file of the event. It shows the complete flyer advertisement.:type:

BASSLINE; Grand Opening Party, conducting the Music is Junior Vasqeuz

4/28/06

Friday night 11 pm - 7 am

BASSLINE

a.k.a The Standard

150 Varick Street

Btwn. Spring & Vandam Strs.

New York , NY 10013

Phone: 646-862-6113

Admission $20.00 Doors open 11pm-3am

Dancing till 7am

It's the new Shelter, end of the Story. I think Timmy Regisford just bought whatever space was there and fixed it for a deal dance party. You can trust Timmy for building something of quality and with the dancing crowd in mind for everything and especially sound (I mean, he did buy the Twilo system).

Sounds like a great move. Hopefully it will do to JR what it did to Danny few years back, at Vinyl ...

Anybody knows if this goes afterhours on Saturday morning?

• 2 weeks later...
It's the new Shelter, end of the Story. I think Timmy Regisford just bought whatever space was there and fixed it for a deal dance party. You can trust Timmy for building something of quality and with the dancing crowd in mind for everything and especially sound (I mean, he did buy the Twilo system).

Sounds like a great move. Hopefully it will do to JR what it did to Danny few years back, at Vinyl ...

Anybody knows if this goes afterhours on Saturday morning?

goes till 7am or later depends on the vibe.