Clubplanet Nightlife Community

if thousands of illegals are out in the street protesting....

sgtfury

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

I agree with Theodore Roosevelt ... problem is that only 10 years later the US needed Puertoricans to fight in WWI and from then on the use of a non-US flag became a norm. Not to say that Cubans don't do it either. But don't ask them to join any street protests ... that's for the 'others' to go thru. :)

The evolution of a democracy with it's indirect voting procedures. NY and Florida ... yada yada yada ...

i believe there is a difference between LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigration. and thats what baffles me about all the protests and all the bullshit. i dont think anyone is against LEGAL immigration to the u.s. if you want to come here to make your life better and do it the right way, thats what this country was founded on. from about the 1700s to the 1950s many people came here from many different places.they came and literally built america. they came here to make AMERICA a better place. they came to assimilate, speak english, pay taxes and contribute to the system. jesus christ, when WWII broke out, immigrants were lined up around the block, volunteering to fight for the u.s because the country had been so good to them. my family forced everyone to speak english and even changed thier name because it was important to be an AMERICAN. can you imagine that happening today?....ha...the whole concept of immigration today is different....

most that come ILLEGALLY, dont contribute to the system. they dont pay tax, they dont assimilate, they bring crime and deplete social programming. they do provide a workforce for manual labor, however, that only provides a route for greedy employers to gain cheap labor without providing any legal benifits....and when an illegal gets hurt on the job or has a few kids..who pays??? ...the american taxpayer.....

and because this issue has been such a hot topic with the latin community, everyone has failed to even recognize that one of the main reasons why immigration reform is being attempted is to protect this country from terrorists. had the borders been tighter, 9/11 never would have occured. and it doesnt take a genius to figure out that if a middle eastern terrorist wanted to come to the u.s without much trouble, the u.s/mexican border is the easiest route...thousands come every day...you think anyone will notice a guy with a turban with a nuke under his arm?....

prob not.

you can't get rid of the immigrants without falling into something like the third reich did to the jews, don't be so fucking ignorant, see through the propaganda bombing that's fed to your brains between south park and family guy. immigrants on the us??? who's not an immigrant here? or the son of one? or the grandson of one?

you wanna get nazionalist now and pretend the the united states is your country...I'm talking to you freckled irish, garlic stinking guidos, all portuguese from philly and the french from new orleans, don't be such pussies with the latin immigrants, give them a hand, cut the evil cycle of looking down on people that are enjoying less luck than your asses, ya see what I mean???

I can sit here and read all the nazionalist bullshit some of you rednecks write, but let me tell, it's alarming the level of culture some of you slim jim eating motherfuckers have, dang...put down the bong and pick up a book, trust me...there's more to this world than what you see on 20/20 with Baba Waba...get your heads out from your asses and understand that this immigration issue is the stuff civil wars are made off...how the fuck do you think we got california and texas? we took it from the mexicans...but what did we do??? we let them stay to pick our oranges, trim our lawns and clean our pools...that's hollywood to you, Born In East LA, orale bato! :laugh2:

All these expressions of superiority are ultimately reflected as ignorance, not only about immigrants and what they represent as far as manpower goes to this country but also as general ignorance about world culture, it's obvious that the government likes it just fine that way...how convenient :laugh:

Legalize the situation but don't be threatening people, because when people feel threatened there's trouble...we don't need no more trouble, what we need is love to guide and protect us all.

ok, let's party!

:party:

As far as I'm concerned, the actual problem is the process itself of "legal" immigration. My buddy married a chick from Nepal 8 years ago and they are still dealing with her immigration issues. I hate to think what someone has to go through to get here if they don't have help from someone, because the system is one hell of a fucking confusing maze. As far as illegal immigrants that are already here goes, well, they ran the risk of taking a shortcut, broke the law, and now they might have to pay the price.

Pay more atttention to the cultures and subcultures that have emerged from immigration in the past century, it's a beautiful thing and it's as american as apple pie.

:laugh:

For one last time, open up your eyes and embrace what's yours...do not believe the rest of the world is your enemy and out to take your stuff, that kind mentality has led to disaster many times in history...wise up, bitches!

:finger: