Clubplanet Nightlife Community

when friends visit, do you give them your bed or the couch?

weyes

this one is something i've noticed a bit of a change in in recent years, it seems. it used to always be that, when one has guests visiting from out of town, they get sheets and blankets for the couch, if it's big enough. but i know a bunch of people who give the guests their beds and sleep on the couch instead. does that make it rude now not to give up your bed, if you're the host? my couch is not a pull-out.

what do you all think?

I always offer my bed, but the usualy won't take it and sleep on my air mattres that I set up for myself. When I am a guest I always take the couch, I think it would be rude to kick someone out of their own bed. They already are putting a free roof on my head so I am usualy greatful for just that.

I agree with Barra, I am a married person now so everyone takes the air mattress or sofa, but before my brothers, cousins, and friends shared my bed, I have always had a big bed and grew up in a giant family where a bunch of kids shared a bed.. So no biggy to me sharing my bed. But if the rents are visiting, I agree that they are the only people who get to kick me out of my own bed. :)