Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP and Classics

Listen, I'm sorry to start another thread about JP, but I fealt the need to because all the others are turning into serious Beef and I'm not about that, I'm about the music. I'm not "hopped up on tina" or "on JP's dick hard". I do not "believe he is god", nor "the best DJ in the world". I think he's a decent DJ and I enjoy his music, his crowd and the times I have when I see him.

On the note of classics. I just want to state I, as well as other JP fans know he is going to play classics. Unlike others on this board, who find that completely OBSURD, I enjoy it as do others. Its sort of become his style and his fans enjoy it. When he plays a classic, people do not go BOOO, they scream and cheer. I would rather he play good classics we all love, rather then new music some of us dont even know sometimes that will get ripped on him playing because its new nor popular yet. He gets ripped sometimes for playing new songs people dont like, yet also gets ripped for playing classics. DEAR HATERS: We as his fans enjoy the classics he chooses to play during the night and dance gracefully to them, I mean no beef I just wish to explain this to you all clearly. You guys dont like this, you guys dont go, you guys do care though. Most of us JP fans, dont rip on your DJ's because of there style. This is his style, mutliple classics, if you dont like it thats perfectly ok. Just dont be fucken ignorant, and rip on it. Your not even there with us having the fun, so dont try and tell us we're not having fun because you didnt enjoy what you didnt here at a party you werent at. We`ll continue not to burn up your DJ's and your parties simply because we dont like them or commenting on party`s we dont even go to, with Dj's we dont like. Its just common courtesy.

Honestly, I mean no beef I just dont think some people understood what I just explained. I'm open to comments, but any negative remarks will just continue to show the pure Ignorance of some people.

Thanks

Keough

When I say to classics, I'm referring to popular songs over a year old that he has played before. Maybe not in other peoples minds as "classics",just older popular songs. I believe that is what a classic is isnt it?

When I say to classics, I'm referring to popular songs over a year old that he has played before. Maybe not in other peoples minds as "classics",just older popular songs. I believe that is what a classic is isnt it?

some other people have a diff meaning for classics

All I intended to do was was explain JP`s fans enjoy the music he plays, and you know that. Other people dont, and think because he plays older songs, he's a bad DJ, but his fans like it. It has become his style and most likely will continue to be as long as the crowd cheers when he plays them. You for some reason fealt once again in telling someone to kill themself.

All I intended to do was was explain JP`s fans enjoy the music he plays, and you know that. Other people dont, and think because he plays older songs, he's a bad DJ, but his fans like it. It has become his style and most likely will continue to be as long as the crowd cheers when he plays them. You for some reason fealt once again in telling someone to kill themself.

its thats how u feel ok. i know im one of the people this was directed at so let me clarify myself. if jps wants to play the same sf classics at every show fine. but like i said this is a major reason why he will never be popular anywhere outside of nyc. his dreams of ibiza are a joke. flags should be raised when no other dj's throughout the world are playing these tracks that he plays at every show. im glad u had fun and glad jp held it down. but one good night in A LONG TIME and jps army is acting like he owns nyc again. sorry please jump of that bandwagon.

Classic A work recognized as definitive in its field: having lasting significance or worth. Would a JP set be considered a definitive of house. No, JP could never put together a set that would define house. House is a music to broad for a niche DJ like JP to even consider him self capable of setting the standard. What JP does define is a short era where house and commercial America collided at a club on 47Th st. There the American ideal of bigger is better, took the genre we call house to the faster harder roller coster. As, the patrons pursued the bigger better mentality as well. Some got juiced up, others got stuffed with silicone and collagen, Some traded there penises for vaginae and larger hips. Creating a carnival atmosphere fueled by fast music and even faster drugs. Yes, JP's sets are a definitive of 47Th st. under the Sound Factory emblem but not of house as a genre.

Classic A work recognized as definitive in its field: having lasting significance or worth. Would a JP set be considered a definitive of house. No, JP could never put together a set that would define house. House is a music to broad for a niche DJ like JP to even consider him self capable of setting the standard. What JP does define is a short era where house and commercial America collided at a club on 47Th st. There the American ideal of bigger is better, took the genre we call house to the faster harder roller coster. As, the patrons pursued the bigger better mentality as well. Some got juiced up, others got stuffed with silicone and collagen, Some traded there penises for vaginae and larger hips. Creating a carnival atmosphere fueled by fast music and even faster drugs. Yes, JP's sets are a definitive of 47Th st. under the Sound Factory emblem but not of house as a genre.

Well put. So to be politically correct and in agreement with everyone on terminology I was reffering to older songs JP plays during the night, wether classics or not.

46st

Listen, I'm sorry to start another thread about JP, but I fealt the need to because all the others are turning into serious Beef and I'm not about that, I'm about the music. I'm not "hopped up on tina" or "on JP's dick hard". I do not "believe he is god", nor "the best DJ in the world". I think he's a decent DJ and I enjoy his music, his crowd and the times I have when I see him.

On the note of classics. I just want to state I, as well as other JP fans know he is going to play classics. Unlike others on this board, who find that completely OBSURD, I enjoy it as do others. Its sort of become his style and his fans enjoy it. When he plays a classic, people do not go BOOO, they scream and cheer. I would rather he play good classics we all love, rather then new music some of us dont even know sometimes that will get ripped on him playing because its new nor popular yet. He gets ripped sometimes for playing new songs people dont like, yet also gets ripped for playing classics. DEAR HATERS: We as his fans enjoy the classics he chooses to play during the night and dance gracefully to them, I mean no beef I just wish to explain this to you all clearly. You guys dont like this, you guys dont go, you guys do care though. Most of us JP fans, dont rip on your DJ's because of there style. This is his style, mutliple classics, if you dont like it thats perfectly ok. Just dont be fucken ignorant, and rip on it. Your not even there with us having the fun, so dont try and tell us we're not having fun because you didnt enjoy what you didnt here at a party you werent at. We`ll continue not to burn up your DJ's and your parties simply because we dont like them or commenting on party`s we dont even go to, with Dj's we dont like. Its just common courtesy.

Honestly, I mean no beef I just dont think some people understood what I just explained. I'm open to comments, but any negative remarks will just continue to show the pure Ignorance of some people.

Thanks

Keough

Keo Hold it down son! !

how many times do u really wanna hear

GTI, Sun is shinnig, Excuse me senor , Time of my life, After all this time, Believe in Love , In your Eyes, Show me, You and I , etc

yea great classics are always good to spice up your party....but if u play the same tracks everytime he spins in his main sets ....i mean doest that get boring a little??? I dont know about most people, But i wanna hear some new stuff or even some nice imports that we cant get here.....

since when playing new music is bad?

didnt JP have to be innovative enough to bring these songs out to dancefloor in the first place?.... why werent you hating on him then for bringing (what you now think) to you good *NEW* music?.... to be reluctant for change in music means youre yearning for a past you cant have again.... why can so many DJs enjoy hard tech that he used to play years ago, but have no idea who newER DJs in the scene of tech and dark shit (Sander Van Doorn, Austin Leeds & Kobbe, DJ Preach, Eric Sneo, Frank Biazzi, E-Craig, Valentino Kanzyani, Mac Zimms, Mojado)... cmon, all of their music is just amazing, progressing, and breaking boundaries in the EDM scene... they maintain that dark, hard, agressive attitude that can get ne New York dancefloor going crazy .... why would you hate on them just because youve never heard their music before? (and im not talking about some E-Craig song from 1999 that JP might have played, or the Biazzi collab with Tiesto).... whats wrong with new music, do you always have to hear the same music?

Classic A work recognized as definitive in its field: having lasting significance or worth. Would a JP set be considered a definitive of house. No, JP could never put together a set that would define house.

I will answer u that question and the answer is yes he can. Djing for over 20 yrs, he started playing disco. i have heard him on many nights and he plays many diff styles so many styles that if u blend them all in one that would def define house. there would be a few styles left out but i'd say he covers majority of them. u neva heard him play trance, or deep, or tribal, or progressive or vocals, disco or electro, or hard, or tech? or even real classics. My boy who isn't into house that much these days went to copa and was immidiately impressed by jp. He calls me up and says yo dude rite after u left he played some a song from the 70's (u guys wouldn't know that song though def) and he remixed it on the fly and he neva went off beat hehe.