Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2 friends from Amsterdam need suggestions!

Hey all,

My buddy and me (both 22) are comming to New York for a short holliday.

We are trying to figure out what the best places are to go at night but there are so many clubs in New York that we dont know where to go. Thats why I made this post hoping that you guys could give us some good suggestions.

We would like to go out twice, once on friday april 21 and on saturday april 22. One of these nights we want to go to a kind of upscale club and the other night we would like to go to a normal (a little cheaper :P) club.

We were already looking at some clubs and I was hoping on some comments to those. We looked at:

B.E.D. and Sexy Saturdays in China Club.

Any suggestions/tips/comments are very well apreciated.

Thenx in advance.

Ciao !

We are there from thursday till sunday but thursday I spent 9 hours in the plane and we have other obligations. Sunday we leave at 6pm so thats a no too.

That leaves friday and saturday april 21st and 22nd.

Whats wrong with China Club?

And anyone has a comment about B.E.D.? is the crowd there too old for 2 young ones like us? :P

Thenx for the replies :)

Interesting, 2 years ago i traveled from NY to Amsterdam for 4/20, and you guys are travelin from there to here. I guess no reason to celebrate 4/20 when you guys have the freedom to smoke all you want. I've never been to China club but listen to everyone, its the kind of club that trys to attract tourists and may seem cool, but is not. Crobar would be a great choice avoid Webster Hall as well. They attempt to get tourists to think they're NYC nightlife when they're really nothing special. Kind of like Bulldog coffee shops. Crobar is one of the nicest venues, with a great atmosphere. Good luck

Keough

Interesting, 2 years ago i traveled from NY to Amsterdam for 4/20, and you guys are travelin from there to here. I guess no reason to celebrate 4/20 when you guys have the freedom to smoke all you want. I've never been to China club but listen to everyone, its the kind of club that trys to attract tourists and may seem cool, but is not. Crobar would be a great choice avoid Webster Hall as well. They attempt to get tourists to think they're NYC nightlife when they're really nothing special. Kind of like Bulldog coffee shops. Crobar is one of the nicest venues, with a great atmosphere. Good luck

Keough

he is right. Crobar has a good party vibe and good party people!

The reason China Club sucks is because it's not considered a fashionable place anymore. They don't feature interesting music... actually, who the hell knows what the music is there like. Even if you don't care about music and just want to go people-watching, then there are better places, like BED.

BED is a nice club with a good looking crowd, but the staff is very rude. Also they might not let you in, since you're two guys, so make sure you go early.

For particular recommendations the question is, what kind of music do you like? House? Hip-hop?

We are there from thursday till sunday but thursday I spent 9 hours in the plane and we have other obligations. Sunday we leave at 6pm so thats a no too.

That leaves friday and saturday april 21st and 22nd.

Whats wrong with China Club?

And anyone has a comment about B.E.D.? is the crowd there too old for 2 young ones like us? :P

Thenx for the replies :)

since ur 2 guys...friday or saturday may be a lil harder to get into @ BED...u should really head over to crobar on the 21st for Desyn Masiello and Sander....it should be a good time and ull get a taste of NYC clubbing (i guess)...if u have time pop over to Cielo ...its a lil more "upscale" than some other palces...u can definitely try bed on Friday...and ull prolly get in..stay the FUCK away from China Club..its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy past its prime

Hahahah Thenx for the tip about the joint.

We are kind of past that stage of smoking joints and now we just wanna party :D

Ok so Crobar on friday it is :D just one question. Will it be totally sold out or can we buy tickets at the door?

Now for saturday :) Suggestions please :P We prefer house over hip hop but if its hip hop and the atmosphere is good - we are good too :D

Ciao!

Saturday? House? Cielo - no question:cieloclub-dot-com. Amazing little club - great sound system, awesome lighting, great music and vibe, good-looking crowd.

Note, though, that I was there Saturday. We got there at 12:30, and they were turning away guys who didn't have girls with them.

ps- Johan Cruyff is german

You had some nice information and I was gonna thank you for that but that shitty comment ruined your whole post hahahaha.

Just Kiding thanks for the info.

We prefer house music over hip hop but as stated above if the groove is nice we are happy :D

I went to BED last Friday for the first time and it was ok...definitely not as glamorous as it's made out to be. The door there used to be very tough, but judging by the crowd on Friday it's not anymore. The crowd was a pretty decent mix of frat boy types, househeads and the hip-hop crowd from what I saw. You should definitely hit up Crobar...that is where a lot of us seem to end up every weekend :)