Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Memorial Day Weekend - Suggestions?

kevinm23

Hello,

Me and one of my friends are visiting South Beach from NYC over Memorial Day Weekend. Everyone I've talked to said I'm screwed since they said South Beach is going to be jammed and over run with the hip/hop crowd. I wish I had done more research before booking this trip. We prefer House Music and like after hour parties. Is there any places to go that weekend that will place House and have after hour parities? Or what about downtown Miami?

If I could I would cancel and reschedule to come visit another weekend but I booked my vacation on Hotwire so too late for a re-fund. I'm staying at the Blue Moon Hotel. Is that within walking distance of any good clubs?

thanks in advance for your help/advice!

Kevin

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that you will be here on Memorial Day weekend. If you want to experience the most hardcore thug ghetto hip-hop experience this is it. If I were you I'd head out to Club Space on Saturday night if you want house music. Maybe Nocturnal and the Pawn Shop will have something going on too. But South Beach is going to resemble the L.A. during the Rodney King riots that weekend.

Hello,

Me and one of my friends are visiting South Beach from NYC over Memorial Day Weekend. Everyone I've talked to said I'm screwed since they said South Beach is going to be jammed and over run with the hip/hop crowd. I wish I had done more research before booking this trip. We prefer House Music and like after hour parties. Is there any places to go that weekend that will place House and have after hour parities? Or what about downtown Miami?

If I could I would cancel and reschedule to come visit another weekend but I booked my vacation on Hotwire so too late for a re-fund. I'm staying at the Blue Moon Hotel. Is that within walking distance of any good clubs?

thanks in advance for your help/advice!

Kevin

Definitely don't miss Club Deep. :D

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that you will be here on Memorial Day weekend. If you want to experience the most hardcore thug ghetto hip-hop experience this is it. If I were you I'd head out to Club Space on Saturday night if you want house music. Maybe Nocturnal and the Pawn Shop will have something going on too. But South Beach is going to resemble the L.A. during the Rodney King riots that weekend.

Thanks Homersimpson. You’re not the first person to tell me that SOBE is a ghetto crowd during that weekend. So where do all the normal clubbers like you self escape for that weekend? Does everyone jump ship from the SOBE region for that weekend? I’m so frustrated with myself for picking that weekend because I was really looking forward to enjoying the normal SOBE nightlife but sounds like I’m out of luck.

I definitely want check out Space. I heard it’s one of the largest and best clubs in America. Will I have any problems getting in on a Saturday Night and is taxi best way to get there? I’m not going to rent a car that weekend since I heard traffic is crazy.

Rhythmburn I appreciate the invite but I think Tampa is a bit too far away since I’m only in Florida for about 4-5 days but thanks for letting me know. What nights are good for Nocturnal and Pawn Sharp as well as Deep? I was also thinking about checking out Crobar since the Crobar in NYC is awesome. But I’m guessing Crobar might play Hip/Hop that weekend? What do you guys recommend for Friday & Sunday Night? Any good places that play tribal music?

Thanks!

Kevin

Stay in the downtown clubs and hopefully your hotel is not in the heart of Sobe.

Stick to Pawn Shop, Space, and Nocturnal.

Friday - pawn shop then Nocturnal afterhours.

Saturday - ? then Space afterhours

If you are staying in the heart of Sobe say hi to Busta Rhymes for me. :)

Thanks for the tips. I'm at Blue Moon Hotel so I'll be in heart of SOBE. To be honest I'm thinking about switching to Fort Lauderdale. Our flight is to that airport. I can't get a refund on the hotel in SOBE but no point of staying there if it's going to be a nightmare. This is my first vacation in over a year so I want enjoy my time and sounds SOBE is not the place to be.

Can anyone recommend good nightlife in Fort Lauderdale that plays good House/Tribal Music?

I think Voodoo Lounge in Ft. Lauderdale plays house music but I've never been so don't hold me to it. If you do happen to stay in a South Beach hotel then hitting the downtown Miami clubs will run you about $20 each way, which isn't bad if you split it with somebody. As for people like myself that weekend I'll be in St. Augustine to get away from the chaos. Most people here try to go away that weekend.

Thanks Homersimpson. You’re not the first person to tell me that SOBE is a ghetto crowd during that weekend. So where do all the normal clubbers like you self escape for that weekend? Does everyone jump ship from the SOBE region for that weekend? I’m so frustrated with myself for picking that weekend because I was really looking forward to enjoying the normal SOBE nightlife but sounds like I’m out of luck.

I definitely want check out Space. I heard it’s one of the largest and best clubs in America. Will I have any problems getting in on a Saturday Night and is taxi best way to get there? I’m not going to rent a car that weekend since I heard traffic is crazy.

Rhythmburn I appreciate the invite but I think Tampa is a bit too far away since I’m only in Florida for about 4-5 days but thanks for letting me know. What nights are good for Nocturnal and Pawn Sharp as well as Deep? I was also thinking about checking out Crobar since the Crobar in NYC is awesome. But I’m guessing Crobar might play Hip/Hop that weekend? What do you guys recommend for Friday & Sunday Night? Any good places that play tribal music?

Thanks!

Kevin

Deep is good every night of the week. Be prepared for an amazing night of dancing on water. :D