Clubplanet Nightlife Community

56-Year Old Crippled Woman Dies After Being Tasered

HAZE

Was this really necessary?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060425/ap_on_re_us/brf_taser_death

GREEN COVE SPRINGS, Fla. - A woman in a wheelchair who swung knives and a hammer at relatives and police died after being shocked by a stun gun, officials said.

Police tried to talk Emily Marie Delafield, 56, into dropping the weapons before they used the Taser to subdue her Monday, Police Chief Robert Musco said. Delafield lost consciousness after the electric jolt and later died at Orange Park Medical Center.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating and an autopsy will be conducted to determine a cause of death.

The two officers involved have been put on paid administrative leave during the investigation, which is standard procedure.

Tasers deliver a 50,000-volt jolt through two barbed darts that can penetrate clothing. About 7,000 of the nation's 18,000 police agencies had them last year, and they were used by police more than 70,000 times.

Amnesty International counted 61 U.S. deaths following Taser use last year. Taser International officials disputed that count, saying it linked some deaths to Taser use when there had been no such official conclusion.

Yes it was def necessary. What if she threw a knife or a hammer and it hit a cop in the face?

If you can't wrestle a knife or a hammer from an old lady in a wheelchair, maybe you shouldn't be in law enforcement.

OK, OLDER

My mom is 48.

so the woman in the article is only 8 years older, that's not much.

but my mom is 60 and my dad is 62, and they are far from old. wheelchairs are in the very distant future for them!

maybe you just need to know more people around that age as a reference.

car-crash.jpg

I live in south Florida dude. Do you have any idea how many accidents I've seen with old ladies at the wheel? Old men too. Once I saw an old lady asleep at the wheel, literally sleeping at the wheel, going 40mph and running through red lights. I honked at her until she woke up, and she gave me the bird for disturbing her sleep. I tell ya, only in Florida can you take that stuff for granted.

I live in south Florida dude. Do you have any idea how many accidents I've seen with old ladies at the wheel? Old men too. Once I saw an old lady asleep at the wheel, literally sleeping at the wheel, going 40mph and running through red lights. I honked at her until she woke up, and she gave me the bird for disturbing her sleep. I tell ya, only in Florida can you take that stuff for granted.

Thats why old people should be sent to the corpse grinder before they can cause any damage.

We can beat our 'addiction' with fossil fuels with old-person-corpse-fuel...

Go Grey!

Thats why old people should be sent to the corpse grinder before they can cause any damage.

We can beat our 'addiction' with fossil fuels with old-person-corpse-fuel...

Go Grey!

soylent green is people!!!!!!

1957soylent_green_large_03.jpg

Your irreverence for the sanctity of human life is shocking...

but anyways, it was necessary to shock her, I believe. Perhaps the tasers should be adjustable though, more volts for the big criminals and less volts for ladies in wheelchairs, and an insane amount of volts for the crackheads.