Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Morillo Saturday

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude you cant knock Hex.. he was def very influential especially when NYC house was at its peak.. it may have been before your time though.

my time was 97 and on...and i dont care how influential u r..if ur last few claims to fame were KTU remixes of diva tracks..well serve me queso and call me louis devitto

SBNY, ha!

yeah, you know a dj has made it far when he is dj'ing at a gay strip club!

Its not just a gay strip club and you would be suprise how good the sound system is in that room. Im not gay but i do follow djs wherever they play and let me tell ya how great FRANKIE KNUCKLES,DAVID MORALES, HEX HECTOR, STEVE TRAVOLTA, LORD G, MERRITT have been at that venue. Its very overwhelming but nonetheless i had a great time whenever ive gone. And hex has been around since the late 80s early 90s. Also its not where the dj plays that makes the party.

Its not just a gay strip club and you would be suprise how good the sound system is in that room. Im not gay but i do follow djs wherever they play and let me tell ya how great FRANKIE KNUCKLES,DAVID MORALES, HEX HECTOR, STEVE TRAVOLTA, LORD G, MERRITT have been at that venue. Its very overwhelming but nonetheless i had a great time whenever ive gone. And hex has been around since the late 80s early 90s. Also its not where the dj plays that makes the party.

lord g....that's oldd schoool

Hex won a grammy...not easy to do...so he gets my respect. Jason is a quality dj and a quality person. About the hex toni braxton remark...sander remixed usher....jonathan peters remixed sisqos thong song...Lawler remixed Lenny Kravitz, so on and so forth...djs need money too man. shit would you turn down a gig to remix for columbia records or sony music...is anybody on this board that made where they can turn down a gig like that?

As for the Morillo 93 album. Its a goodie. He really needs to start digging back into his S.R. days. start playin some more ultra nate, kings of tomorrow, lovechild,dance syndication, E-culture,Dj pierre, house 2 house tracks. start diggin in those crates man. his subliminal sessions 3 disc 3 is good cause he brings it a bit loungier, more disco funk to it. his new cds are trash...imo.

Hex won a grammy...not easy to do...so he gets my respect. Jason is a quality dj and a quality person. About the hex toni braxton remark...sander remixed usher....jonathan peters remixed sisqos thong song...Lawler remixed Lenny Kravitz, so on and so forth...djs need money too man. shit would you turn down a gig to remix for columbia records or sony music...is anybody on this board that made where they can turn down a gig like that?

As for the Morillo 93 album. Its a goodie. He really needs to start digging back into his S.R. days. start playin some more ultra nate, kings of tomorrow, lovechild,dance syndication, E-culture,Dj pierre, house 2 house tracks. start diggin in those crates man. his subliminal sessions 3 disc 3 is good cause he brings it a bit loungier, more disco funk to it. his new cds are trash...imo.

he still plays some funky stuff the last couuple hours of his set

it's all about cd 3!

the house nation cd it was 2 discs....one side was morillo the other louie

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH my GOD!!!! That is my most FAVORITE CD in the whole world. I used to play it OVER AND OVER riding up 95 from DC when I was taking a weekend course at NYU and I would get so excited when I got closer to the city and the twin towers would come into view and thinking about where I was gonna party that night...good times, man. Good times.