Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Buy 23rd street attacked!

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to express my extreme disappointment with the recent treatment I received at Store 374 in Yonkers, New York. I made a purchase of 2 DVDs on October 7, 2005. The transaction number on the receipt is 0854. Upon returning home I noticed that one of the DVDs titled Layer Cake had already had one of its security labels cut and DVD taken out. This was very disappointing since I had every intention of watching it that night. The next day I went to the store with my receipt and asked for an exchange for the same exact item due to the original being empty. Much to my surprise I was told that I would have to contact Sony and be sent another one from them. This made me upset since I wanted to watch the movie that night and not 2 – 4 weeks later. I asked to speak to the manager and explained my case to her. Her name was Jessica and she was very unhelpful. I felt very uncomfortable and she made me feel like it was my problem, even though I had purchased it from that store. I will even go on as far as to say that she made it seem like I was lying. She went on and repeated what the first person said, even though it appears, the DVD was taken from within the store by either a customer or employee.

I went back to my car and proceeded to call Sony and was told that it was not Sony’s policy to replace missing DVDs and that it would be a Best Buy issue since I purchased the DVD from Best Buy. Having heard this, I contacted Best Buy’s customer service and spoke with a Don. I told Don about my conversation with the person at Sony Pictures customer service. Don told me to go back into the store and to get the manager Jessica on the phone. I went back in and got Jessica to speak with Don on my cell phone. Jessica proceeded to tell Don that Sony would replace it and that I did not know what I was talking about. She was very condescending and I felt embarrassed since this was done in front of other customers. Don then told me that I had called the wrong number (the number that I was given initially by Best Buy) and to call again. He also gave me a case number, which is 20923. I was very upset at this point. I had already wasted over an hour of my Saturday afternoon. I went back to my car and called the number Don had given me. I was then told by the customer service rep at Sony to call another number. Upon calling this number, I was told the same thing. Sony would not exchange the DVDs but rather it is a Best Buy issue. If you would like to call Sony yourselves, the correct number to call is (800) 942 – 7669. Upon hearing this, I called Best Buy customer service again to speak to Don but he was nowhere to be found. I spoke to another representative and upon hearing my case; she said she would send me a gift card for $19.99, which was the price of the DVD. I agreed since this is the best that the top electronics retailer in North America could offer me. This still does not cover tax or the amount of frustration I had to deal with on Saturday. I spent close to 2 hours dealing with this mess, when in fact I was the one that had spent hard earned money on an empty DVD case.

I am just simply baffled and at the same time appalled at the service that I was given. I never go to the trouble to write drawn out letters like this, but I just needed to help let out my frustration. I am not one to make a big deal about $20. I have been a pretty loyal customer for the last few years due to the great prices you guys have. Unfortunately, I do not think I will be shopping at your store anymore nor do I think my associates will shop there either. Once I receive the gift card (that’s even if I receive it), I will purchase another Layer Cake DVD and that will be it. It’s very unfortunate too. I used to enjoy shopping at your store. It also baffles me how you claim on your website, “Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE: BBY) is an innovative Fortune 100 growth company that continually strives to create superior customer experiences”. I am pretty sure that if I were to have the same thing happen at another store, they would have simply exchanged the DVD for me since I did have my receipt. I guess this is just another example of how a loyal supporting customer gets the short end of the stick.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to express my extreme disappointment with the recent treatment I received at Store 374 in Yonkers, New York. I made a purchase of 2 DVDs on October 7, 2005. The transaction number on the receipt is 0854. Upon returning home I noticed that one of the DVDs titled Layer Cake had already had one of its security labels cut and DVD taken out. This was very disappointing since I had every intention of watching it that night. The next day I went to the store with my receipt and asked for an exchange for the same exact item due to the original being empty. Much to my surprise I was told that I would have to contact Sony and be sent another one from them. This made me upset since I wanted to watch the movie that night and not 2 – 4 weeks later. I asked to speak to the manager and explained my case to her. Her name was Jessica and she was very unhelpful. I felt very uncomfortable and she made me feel like it was my problem, even though I had purchased it from that store. I will even go on as far as to say that she made it seem like I was lying. She went on and repeated what the first person said, even though it appears, the DVD was taken from within the store by either a customer or employee.

I went back to my car and proceeded to call Sony and was told that it was not Sony’s policy to replace missing DVDs and that it would be a Best Buy issue since I purchased the DVD from Best Buy. Having heard this, I contacted Best Buy’s customer service and spoke with a Don. I told Don about my conversation with the person at Sony Pictures customer service. Don told me to go back into the store and to get the manager Jessica on the phone. I went back in and got Jessica to speak with Don on my cell phone. Jessica proceeded to tell Don that Sony would replace it and that I did not know what I was talking about. She was very condescending and I felt embarrassed since this was done in front of other customers. Don then told me that I had called the wrong number (the number that I was given initially by Best Buy) and to call again. He also gave me a case number, which is 20923. I was very upset at this point. I had already wasted over an hour of my Saturday afternoon. I went back to my car and called the number Don had given me. I was then told by the customer service rep at Sony to call another number. Upon calling this number, I was told the same thing. Sony would not exchange the DVDs but rather it is a Best Buy issue. If you would like to call Sony yourselves, the correct number to call is (800) 942 – 7669. Upon hearing this, I called Best Buy customer service again to speak to Don but he was nowhere to be found. I spoke to another representative and upon hearing my case; she said she would send me a gift card for $19.99, which was the price of the DVD. I agreed since this is the best that the top electronics retailer in North America could offer me. This still does not cover tax or the amount of frustration I had to deal with on Saturday. I spent close to 2 hours dealing with this mess, when in fact I was the one that had spent hard earned money on an empty DVD case.

I am just simply baffled and at the same time appalled at the service that I was given. I never go to the trouble to write drawn out letters like this, but I just needed to help let out my frustration. I am not one to make a big deal about $20. I have been a pretty loyal customer for the last few years due to the great prices you guys have. Unfortunately, I do not think I will be shopping at your store anymore nor do I think my associates will shop there either. Once I receive the gift card (that’s even if I receive it), I will purchase another Layer Cake DVD and that will be it. It’s very unfortunate too. I used to enjoy shopping at your store. It also baffles me how you claim on your website, “Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE: BBY) is an innovative Fortune 100 growth company that continually strives to create superior customer experiencesâ€. I am pretty sure that if I were to have the same thing happen at another store, they would have simply exchanged the DVD for me since I did have my receipt. I guess this is just another example of how a loyal supporting customer gets the short end of the stick.

:laugh::laugh:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am just simply baffled and at the same time appalled at the service that I was given. I never go to the trouble to write drawn out letters like this, but I just needed to help let out my frustration. I am not one to make a big deal about $20. I have been a pretty loyal customer for the last few years due to the great prices you guys have. Unfortunately, I do not think I will be shopping at your store anymore nor do I think my associates will shop there either. Once I receive the gift card (that’s even if I receive it), I will purchase another Layer Cake DVD and that will be it. It’s very unfortunate too. I used to enjoy shopping at your store. It also baffles me how you claim on your website, “Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE: BBY) is an innovative Fortune 100 growth company that continually strives to create superior customer experiencesâ€. I am pretty sure that if I were to have the same thing happen at another store, they would have simply exchanged the DVD for me since I did have my receipt. I guess this is just another example of how a loyal supporting customer gets the short end of the stick.

:laugh:

i've been looking for that!!