Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Comparing YESTERDAY and TODAY

Some people are always complaining about how things were better at one time or another. And i notice a lot of people dont care to listen to that for whatever reason they have.

But doesnt it make sense to listen to the words of people who came before you and who are still around because they were able to experience the things you and i havent. I mean look at sports and they way thier history is viewed in 5 yrs when people hear the name michael jordan most knowledgable people will say the greateast b baller to play in the NBA, while some 13yr old kid will say who the fuck is mike and think the greatest player is someone on his fave team. Its up to the people who know history to teach people who dont. And if you dont care about stuff like that i dunno what to say.

I know when it comes to boxing and house/dance music culture i care about today and about yesterday. Cause i know in 10yrs when someone says who the fuck DANNY TENAGLIA was im gonna be there to remind that person of what they missed. And compare dt to whatever dj he or she just discovered at 17yrs old and thinks the world revolves around that dj, kinda like some people today.

I have no problem listening to those who came before me... However, there are a certain percentage of those people who subscribe to the theory that NOTHING that happens today can ever be as good as it was yesterday no matter what. I just happen to feel that that is simply not true. That kind of attitude tends to alienate people (particularly people who are relatively new to the scene) and how can it possibly be helpful to have these people think that everything they do sucks compared to 5, 10, 20 years ago?? Like anything in life, you get out of it what you put into it. So if people today go out and are having the time of their lives, who are we to tell them any different?

Some people are always complaining about how things were better at one time or another. And i notice a lot of people dont care to listen to that for whatever reason they have.

But doesnt it make sense to listen to the words of people who came before you and who are still around because they were able to experience the things you and i havent. I mean look at sports and they way thier history is viewed in 5 yrs when people hear the name michael jordan most knowledgable people will say the greateast b baller to play in the NBA, while some 13yr old kid will say who the fuck is mike and think the greatest player is someone on his fave team. Its up to the people who know history to teach people who dont. And if you dont care about stuff like that i dunno what to say.

I know when it comes to boxing and house/dance music culture i care about today and about yesterday. Cause i know in 10yrs when someone says who the fuck DANNY TENAGLIA was im gonna be there to remind that person of what they missed. And compare dt to whatever dj he or she just discovered at 17yrs old and thinks the world revolves around that dj, kinda like some people today.

The only time that matters is RIGHT NOW.

I used to get hostile when people would refer to how great the scene in nyc was and how it would never be the same. Recently, I've realized that may be true. Yeah, I missed Jr. Vasquez at sound factory. That was the shite and no arguing the peak. . But the focus on what was missed does nothing to resurrect the scene. I'd like to see more people passionate about new (and LOCAL) djs. By supporting it, we'd create a new generation of dj's and venues and vibes that will be talked about 10 years from now.

the same floor i danced on ten years ago, right now has some person who doesn't even know who the d.j. is... at least back then we knew what we were dancing to... i also had money in my pocket back then with the cover being 5-10$ back then verses the 30-60 it is now... i love to go out, but sometimes it depresses me too

God is silverbull jesus or something? He seems too intent on traveling the 5 boroughs spreading some freaky message of house music unity and DENNY KRIVITS and LARRIE LEVANS

I guess you miss my posts about TEDD PATTERSON,DANNY TENAGLIA, BEHROUZ, ROGER SANCHEZ, HECTOR ROMERO, as well as alot of the local parites in the scnethat have nothign to do with the past. And its DANNY KRIVIT and LARRY LEVAN, fool.

I guess you miss my posts about TEDD PATTERSON,DANNY TENAGLIA, BEHROUZ, ROGER SANCHEZ, HECTOR ROMERO, as well as alot of the local parites in the scnethat have nothign to do with the past. And its DANNY KRIVIT and LARRY LEVAN, fool.

Whats up gabe..Honestly 10 years from now i think DT will still draw a crowd he been around a long time as it is..But what seperates dt from most other djs is his ability to stay fresh and play tracks nobody has ever heard before while still playing shit from the last 30 years ..honestly i dont think anybody is more passionate about music and dancing as DT ..Also DT has introduced nyc to so much talent when he was at arc because he is humble and believes in music so much ..most djs fade or burn out due to lack of inspiration, or they keep going until they find their niche get too the top then self destruct and/or stop going out and hearing their peers etc ..when i first started goin out in nyc from mid-late 90"s it was all about junior, JP, Ojeda, johnny vicious, eddie baez, boris, and DT for the newer generation of dance music kids..why is it that DT is still on top of his game?? now i know your not a big fan of some of the djs i listed but thats who drew big crowds almost 10 years ago..I honestly believe DT is still a house music FAN ..where as jp or junior got lost in drug usage or lost interest in music ..sure jp still draws but for how long?? i think jp gets kids today who hear about the legendary sf era from their older brothers but honestly he is not inspired or he would not have lost most of his older fan base to boris..back in the SF era i remember nobody would go to exit cause they thought boris sucked now all those people are at boris shows and wont go near a jp show!! why did junior fail at sf?? the second time he was there on 46th st?? the man was playing lousy and too messed on drugs..As for boris I'm happy for him not giving up or getting stale im glad he drew 6,000 people for his classics party last summer ..now he is nowhere in dannys league nobody really is but boris work ethic took him to where he is today crobar, show, gypsy tea, neptunes, abyss, the man is allways working and he is inspired..other djs that started in the late 80s or early 90s who spun at limelight, red zone, etc are gone.. but some arent such as picotto, cox, sanchez, morillo, oscar g, sasha, sven vath, digweed, oakie(talk about losing inspiration he sux now) etc ..i think as long as the dj embraces new music that he truly likes listening too while not forgetting about the past coupled with a hard work ethic will allways be relevant ..but they will allways be a minority as well