Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Did anyone see David Blaine?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It must get boring to be that jaded.

I'm not one of these overly cynical people who hates everything... but this guy is a fucking joker. I mean, it's fucking pointless shit, and all I see are retarded onlookers going... oooo.... look at that, he can't shit because he doesn't eat. AMAZING!

whats being jaded have to do with it?? it sucks...is he gona not eat for his next stunt?

I think he did that already.

The guy's a genius. apparently so are all the starving kids all over the world.

as chris rock would say, this guy is a trickless magician. lets see him cut someone in half or pull a rabbit out of a hat.this guy is one strange person too. he was in AC not that long ago eating at carmines. waitress said he was very disrespectful.

Z

I was doing three things at the same time when I wrote that. Thanks!

I think that he was doing FINE until he had to take the cuffs and chains off; seems like it would be hard to move like that without wanting or NEEDING to breathe after bending down cause that's when the air bubbles began!

plus wtf does him living in the water for a week have to do with trying to break the record of holding your breath for 8 minutes.

Sounds kinda sexybabyd'ish to me.

I guess to break him down or some shit ....

the longer you are in the water, your body adjusts or some shit .....has something to do with capliaries (sp) or somewhat ....I was reading some shit in the post today ....

Yeah, HOW in the fuck did he do THAT?! Cause she looked stricken when she felt that they weren't there, and all he did was blow in her face and they were back again! CRAZY.

OMG How many of y'all remember the friendly, young magician that would be at Vinyl entertaining us with his cool tricks?! I LOVED him! I wonder where he is these days? :laugh:

Guest onisakura

David Blaine Emerges From Water Tank After Week

Stunt Artist Falls Short Of Underwater Record For Holding Breath

NEW YORK -- David Blaine emerged weak and wrinkly from a week spent submerged within an 8-foot snow globe-like tank - but without a world record for holding his breath.

Rescue divers jumped into the tank Monday and hauled up the stunt artist as he struggled to break the record of 8 minutes, 58 seconds. Blaine held his breath for 7:08, but after spending some 177 hours under water.

After being given oxygen, Blaine, 33, addressed the large crowd that had gathered around the tank on the plaza of Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.

"I am humbled so much by the support of everyone from New York City and from all over the world," Blaine said. "This was a very difficult week, but you all made it fly by with your strong support and your energy."

The challenge had taken a toll on the magician's body, including liver damage, pins and needles in his feet and hands, some loss of sensation and rashes all over his body, said Dr. Murat Gunel, who heads Blaine's medical team and is associate professor of neurosurgery at Yale University School of Medicine.

Blaine started training in December, with some help from Navy SEALS. He lost 50 pounds so his body would require less oxygen. The water temperature was regulated to help keep his core temperature near 98.6 degrees, and he ate and relieved himself by tubes. He remained tethered to an oxygen tube.

As early as on the second day of his challenge, Gunel said, there was evidence that Blaine was suffering liver failure; the medical team consulted with medical experts at NASA before stabilizing his condition. Blaine's underwater environment was similar to the weightlessness experienced by astronauts in outer space, he said.

"I told him he needed to get out of the water, and he refused me," said Gunel. "He said he did not want to let the people down."

The doctor said Blaine had agreed to allow researchers at Yale to examine him after the stunt to see what they can learn about how the body responds to the environment underwater.

All day long, curious onlookers lined up to walk past the sphere.

Linda Brady brought along a boom box and loudly played Jennifer Lopez's "My Love is All I Have." Blaine appeared to respond by bopping to the beat.

"I just love him," said Brady. "He has a creative mind just like me, and he's crazy just like me."

Another spectator, David Linker, said Blaine symbolized "man's strength to go beyond what normal people can do."

Blaine's previous feats included balancing on a 22-inch circular platform atop a 100-foot pole for 35 hours, being buried alive in a see-through coffin for a week and surviving inside a massive block of ice for 61 hours, all of which were performed in New York. In 2003, he fasted for 44 days in a suspended acrylic box over the Thames River in London.

http://www.nbc6.net/entertainment/9181414/detail.html