Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boris' 2-Yr Anniversary @ crobar, Sat 5/13

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Main Room: Boris

Reed Room: Utopia Parkway w/ DJ Johnny Dynell

Boris’ 2-year anniversary party at crobar!

Boris’ pumping’-hard, driving beats have become synonymous with "the New York sound," often imitated in cities around the world. The energetic, uplifting music that Boris masterfully crafts from the DJ booth at crobar has frequently caught the attention of many major record labels. Virgin Records retained Boris to remix "All I Want" and "I'm In Love," Epic Records hired Boris to remix "Left Outside Alone," Atlantic Records and Columbia Records contracted Boris to remix "Stand," and "Real Good Feel Good." Don’t forget to pick up his newest CD, “Believe” available in stores everywhere.

Tonight’s performances and décor are done by Cameleon. In the Reed Room, Chi Chi Valenti and Johnny Dynell celebrate their weekly themed party, Utopia Parkway.

$20 advance / $30 door

http://www.wantickets.com/Function/event/eventdetail.asp?e_id=18009&ref=cp

Does this plan on being a late party, or depends on the crowd kind of night? Never been to one of Boris's events and will probabaly hit this one up. What time does he usually come on? Also it says "Shows", what kind of shows do they do at a Boris party?

Just wondering

Thanks

Keough

Well - Boris is incredibly popular right now. I guess clubs are trying to squeeze all the money they can make off him while he's hot.

I don't get tired of hearing Boris, because he plays different music in different clubs. Last Friday @ Sandbar he played popular progressive house, and @ Crobar he plays the latest tracks. His Crobar sets are never the same either: he manages to maintain his distinctive style, banging tribal and progressive, but he still plays what's fashionable. So there will be Electro house for sure.

I think he comes on at midnight and plays until closing (the latest I ever stayed was 6 AM). The shows are cabaret-style dancers performing choreography on stage.

If you really want to save yourself from Boris, head over to Cielo and hear Tedd Patterson. He is amazing, and Cielo is the nicest club in NYC that offers house music today - no contest.

not the biggest boris fan.. but i went to his last party.. and it was a all together great party. from the shows to the music. great time. he has def improved and become more diverse.. so to the ppl hating go and check him out. and then leave ur review. instead of leaving ur ignorant remarks..

and he def. plays past 6am. i left the last pasrty at 7:30 and it was still packed. i believe it ended at 10:30am

Does this plan on being a late party, or depends on the crowd kind of night? Never been to one of Boris's events and will probabaly hit this one up. What time does he usually come on? Also it says "Shows", what kind of shows do they do at a Boris party?

Just wondering

Thanks

Keough

depends on the crowd....but last time he went till noonish ..

and he has full go ahead to do whatever he wants again ...so if the crowd is there...he will keep on playing..

jonpaul

if anyone needs guest list

just email me all the name and I will hit you back