Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Made Event presents Armin van Buuren @ The Tobacco Warehouse, Fri 7/7 - Sat 7/8

tobaccowarehouse-0707.jpg

Friday, August 18th, 2006

Doors open 4pm.

Join Armin van Buuren for an open air dance extravaganza! Armin will play for 6 hours each day, from sunny afternoon through the sunset and into the night, at the Tobacco Warehouse in the Empire-Fulton Ferry State Park section of the Brooklyn Bridge Park, which features one of the best views of the Manhattan skyline.

Please note that while the Tobacco Warehouse is open air, there is a tent that covers the dancefloor and stage. Lasers by Stellar Designs, Live video show by Gesture-Saccade. 21 and over Beer Garden with tented seated area, luscious beer provided by Brooklyn Brewery, and food provided by Rice. Click here for beer and food menu.

Tobacco Warehouse

26 New Dock Street

Brooklyn, NY (DUMBO)

Click here to purchase advance tickets.

http://www.wantickets.com/?content=/Function/event/event_listing_promoter.asp?userid=76950

Went to see Armin van Buuren @Spirit in January. He was amazing. He's really grown....he kept me dancing all night long. I already bought my tix for Friday night.... ;-)

That was a great night...thats when we we met! :)

oh no ur going fri?! I'll be there saturday night.

That was a great night...thats when we we met! :)

oh no ur going fri?! I'll be there saturday night.

Yeah, I'm really glad we met.:getdown: We'll be there on 2 separate nights, but at least the show will be graced with our presence 2 nites in a row :getdown:

• 4 weeks later...

This spectacular two-part series is the first electronic music / DJ event of its kind in the beautiful and dramatic Tobacco Warehouse with custom Integral Sound installed. The Tobacco Warehouse is a roofless 2-story structure that has been nationally recognized as a historic landmark and opens into the Empire-Fulton Ferry State Park, where U2 ended their last album tour with a special performance between the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges.

Armin van Buuren is one of the highest ranking DJs in the world (DJ Mag #3) and belongs to a cadre of Dutch DJs that have gained world wide recognition. Armin is now armed for another whirl wind tour in support of his latest mix album ‘A State of Trance 2006’ on Ultra Records (May 16). For this album, Armin chose a new concept for both sides - Disc 1: On The Beach has 13 summer-tinged tracks and Disc 2: In The Club contains his biggest dancefloor-fillers, including his original, upcoming single, entitled “Sail”.

Armin van Buuren's recent second artist album ‘Shivers’ has already won 2 awards in the category “Best Album” at the Dutch Release Dance Awards and the prestigious Edison Awards, following ‘76’, his debut artist album released in 2003. His first music DVD ’Armin Only - The Next Level’ represents the unique atmosphere of a 9 hour long an ‘Armin Only’ DJ set at a 12,000 person event in Rotterdam. The DVD released in January 2006 entered the Dutch charts with a number one position. More recently at the Miami Winter Music Conference 2006, Armin received the International Dance Music Award for ‘Best Mix Radio Show’ for his radio show “A State Of Trance” which celebrates its 250th global broadcast this month with transmission in over 20 countries.

Made Event is committed to excellence in the promotion, production, and execution of electronic dance music events. They constantly bring a world-renowned caliber of entertainment into ever increasing unique and innovative venues, and seek to push the limit of expertise in their field. Made Event was the trailblazer for bringing international DJ events to Central Park and this August 2006, they bring their award-winning event Made in Central Park with Paul van Dyk back again for the 4th successful year in a row. Now, Made Event continues their series of groundbreaking events with this unprecedented electronic music event ‘Armin Only’ at the Tobacco Warehouse.

www.Made-Event.com

www.brooklynbridgepark.org

www.arminvanbuuren.com

www.integralsound.net

Friday, July 7th, 4:00PM – 11:00PM

and

Saturday, July 8th, 4:00PM – 11:00PM

Made Event presents Armin van Buuren

Armin Only at the Tobacco Warehouse

Tobacco Warehouse in the Empire-Fulton Ferry State Park section of Brooklyn Bridge Park Between the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges

(1 Main Street Brooklyn, NY)

Limited Supply Advance Tickets $30 - $35 / Special 2-Night Pass $55 - $65

www.wantickets.com

TRAVEL PACKAGES: Hotel & Airfare www.wanttravel.com

18+ with valid I.D. RAIN OR SHINE. FOOD & DRINK will be available.

07070806_right_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Doors open 4pm.

Why does it say august 18th...

Just wanna make sure its def... going..

Gonna be sick...

Any difference between the Fri and Sat. is one 18 and one 21...

Debating on which day/night willl be a better set dropppinng....

Dur Dur Dur

Doors open 4pm.

Why does it say august 18th...

Just wanna make sure its def... going..

Gonna be sick...

Any difference between the Fri and Sat. is one 18 and one 21...

Debating on which day/night willl be a better set dropppinng....

Dur Dur Dur

no difference as far as age... 21 and over anyway, anyday.....dunno until I get there....think he'll be better friday...that's why im going fri.....think he wont be as tired.....???

Going saturday for a full nites rest. Plus I think he play better saturday cause he can guage how the crowd reacted on fri nite to what he played which would allow him fine tune saturdays set. Also its his ending set for New York and then he goes bye bye.