Clubplanet Nightlife Community

tiesto is horrible

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm talking from a strictly technical dj perspective.....do i have respect for what the man does...100% he brings loads of people into the scene on a daily basis w/ his uplifting melodic trance-music that is not very unique, complex yet very easy to enjoy..the more people that come into edm the better...wouldn't u rather have that then all the mtv suckers getting washed by the horrible rap and rock out now...he's also very hard working and has done a wonderful job promoting himself and his sound...however, being #1dj does not mean you are the best dj(again from a TECHNICAL point of view)...the man does suck at mixing, rarely varies his sets, has no set structure and compared to other trance djs he can barely hang at all....considering the man was ranked #1 for several years and is now #2 i would hope that he could sell out one of his shows in nyc a week b4...nyc does have 10 million people it can't be that hard....i've seen it time and time again, including with the way i came into the dance scene...people, for the most part, enter edm loving cheesy trance...i started like that as did almost everyone i know..that's the good thing about trance-it hooks you in....but to not get out of your bubble and proclaim from the top of the world that tiesto is #1 and that trance is amazing, is very closed minded...there is so much more out there than jp, tiesto, etc, and it just irks me when people only listen to them or rant and rave about them when in fact there are 1000000 more talented djs out there that push the boundaries and spin such unique music...if u think tiesto is #1 amazing...good for u...i'm happy that u have found such a passion for a type of music and dj, but please expand your minds and look at all the other talent that is out there...tiesto is nothing compared to the likes of digweed, sasha, dave seaman, nick warren, dj vibe james zabiela, dave clarke, adam beyer, martin garcia, tenaglia, howells, cox, laurent garnier, satoshi and many many more....again opinion but there is some fact to that from a technical point of view....i hate trance(except for ferry), but if u like it more power to you, just look at what else is out there

yea now ur bringing some valid points and i do agree with the fact that their are way better dj's out there then tiesto or jp :nopity: and like u said i don't think tiesto deserves that number 1 spot either but he does spin some good trance once in a while, and his recent set was real good. I'm a pretty open minded person too when it comes to Dj's i listen to almost every genre of EDM out there

i'm going to vegas memorial day weekend and tiesto is going to be there....

do i care? not at all....

maybe see glaude, and dj dan on friday....definitely not seeing jp on sunday

glaude is the mannnn... u better go to that... thinkin of seeing glaude tomorrow @ sullivan