Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bouncing jobs at the clubs

bigmike19

any1 know how much these guys at the clubs make out there (besides beign greased)....is it all political?

I was thinking abotu going out there for a few months if i could get a job in a club, for the most part they werent even all that big. But it's a different scene than in NY--any1 with any info would be great.

THanks

not that big????

there are about 5-10 clubs that can hold a few thousand people in vegas..

Jet, Ice, Tao, Pure, Empire just to name a few.

I know most employee's make a grip on tips... In vegas its standard to tip for anything and all the big balla's come here to throw there money around. Ive seen bouncers get tips for just lifting a rope.

But the hard part is to get a break, especially if the club is hot.

Good Luck

p.s. here is a hint... Crobar is going in NY NY 2007...

not that big????

there are about 5-10 clubs that can hold a few thousand people in vegas..

Jet, Ice, Tao, Pure, Empire just to name a few.

I know most employee's make a grip on tips... In vegas its standard to tip for anything and all the big balla's come here to throw there money around. Ive seen bouncers get tips for just lifting a rope.

But the hard part is to get a break, especially if the club is hot.

Good Luck

p.s. here is a hint... Crobar is going in NY NY 2007...

lol i meant the bouncers werent that big....and yea i heard about crobar coming out there, its my fav by club

oh there def were, im just saying as a whole, and these guys were quite peaceful i may add--for doign the things we did we wulda been choked out and dragged outta most places by me lol

Well, the security staffs at the clubs here aren't what you would think of as "bouncers", from the standpoint of what most people think of as bouncers being the giant guy in the t-shirt standing in the corner waiting to crack some skulls. This town's lifeblood depends on treating people well.

Well, the security staffs at the clubs here aren't what you would think of as "bouncers", from the standpoint of what most people think of as bouncers being the giant guy in the t-shirt standing in the corner waiting to crack some skulls. This town's lifeblood depends on treating people well.

lol--yea i noticed that when i was out there, much nicer people all around than here in ny

I also noticed they weren't that big when i was there

I talked with a few bouncers there as I was curious how they got their jobs

had this exchange with one of the body english door guys:

me- howd you get your job man?

him- I worked valet here (hard rock) and one day I was shooting the shit with one of the bouncers and a week later he came back and offered me a job.

me- so how do you like it?

him-... let me put it this way... I work 3 nights a week and i party like a fucking rockstar

ended up seeing him next tues night VIP pure with like 3 smoking hot girls and he told me that it was just a so so night... LOL

the other bouncers were the same... they got the jobs through networking

I'm pretty sure they get tipped A LOT... saw a guy try to tip the BE dude 40 just to let him through and he said "your going to have to do better than that"

on wed i met a couple who said they had to pay 120 for both of them to get in (skipped the line)

I've gotten to know a share of doormen in town, and it's not roses for everyone. I don't want to give any hints because these guys still work at their respective clubs, but I know of three guys that are somewhat unhappy. Aside from having to deal with a lot of customers that give them no respect, they're often viewed as "little more than gorillas in suits" by their employers and many co-workers and potential for advancement (e.g. moving up to being a host) is limited.

I've also heard from more than a few doormen -- both those who are happy and unhappy in their posts -- that while the job can lead to a fun, party-filled life, the money is mediocre in comparison to what you can make doing a lot of other jobs. I know a few day-shift bartenders working at moderately-priced restaurants on the Strip that swear they make much better money now than when they worked at some of the more in-demand clubs in town.

Door tips can definitely add up, but remember that those are shared among the entire staff... and you've got a lot of guys working inside that don't see a single tip all night.

It's like any job in the industry, it can all depend on where you work, who you work with, and what you personally want out of your job.

Culb security usually range from 12 to 15 per hour unless you the head of security. I have worked in clubs in nyc and here in vegas. the biggest difference is in nyc we could of sold tables. vegas you have to find a club host. The more personable a security host is the more money he can probably make from the tables in his section, mind you some clubs considers this solicitation of tips and do not approve of this practice.