Clubplanet Nightlife Community

[Review] Cevin Fisher & Exacta @ Pacha

So does everyone think that Pacha is doing a great thing by giving the main floor to NYC DJs? If so, why don't you guys show up?

The other time when I was @ Pacha on an NYC DJ night it felt like an all-Asian party. Everyone spoke some Oriental language and danced in a specific Asian manner. That made me wonder, what would Pacha be like without Asians? On Friday I got my answer - without Asians Pacha would be empty. Seriously - there were barely any people (maybe 10 Asians among us). Apparently most people went just because they could get in for free.

The night started with KTU crap for a while, but beats got harder and eventually it was all progressive house. Nothing reeked of Electro - thanks for that! The track selection was very good, but you can't create a vibe when the club is completely empty, other than a few very unfriendly girls who preferred to dance on their own. So Max Petersky & Co. occupied the woofers, drinking up and enjoying the incredible sound system. On that note - compliments to the tall South American bartender with 36DDs! Great job handling six Russians!

Promoters, take note! Clearly the solution to the overcrowdedness of Crobar is to ship people off to Pacha, that way both clubs have people and are not overcrowded. Instead of posting way-too-many threads on CP, Pacha promoters should provide free shuttle buses from Crobar and free admission for people who abandon the Crobar line. Go NYC DJs!!!

went there round midnight, got my ID grilled hard so i decided to go to Spirit, which was actually a fun night despite the ehh crowd.... but yeah, outside of Pacha there was absolutely no line at all...

...looks like theyre gunna have to bring in some TRANCE DJs

how was exactas seT? he can be decent

pacha better spend some money on top djs like junior, cox, lawler, oakey, armin, DT, howells, victor, knuckles, morlaes, humphries and so many more cios their bookings are def not cutting it.

You can't drop an up an coming dj in a superclub, unless he's opening for someone with an already large following.

Up and coming dj should start by building a strong small party, not pop up in a club holding thousands hoping for an all out extravaganza. Makes no sense.

And yes Pacha better start a monthly line up featuring heavyweights on a regular basis.

You can't drop an up an coming dj in a superclub, unless he's opening for someone with an already large following.

Up and coming dj should start by building a strong small party, not pop up in a club holding thousands hoping for an all out extravaganza. Makes no sense.

And yes Pacha better start a monthly line up featuring heavyweights on a regular basis.

i completely disagree. i think the club should spend time properly promoting and building it's own talent, the club has to make a firm commitment to the DJ, not a half assed one. that's the problem... if pacha doesn't even care to promote it's talent the right way why should anybody care to go.

i completely disagree. i think the club should spend time properly promoting and building it's own talent, the club has to make a firm commitment to the DJ, not a half assed one. that's the problem... if pacha doesn't even care to promote it's talent the right way why should anybody care to go.

Promotions sure, but based on what exactly? It seems you are asking for the "spontaneous generation" of a DJ.

Then have him OPEN for a headliner. You can't expect people to drop 20 bucks on a guy they never heard of before...but if you stick him before Morillo, the people who get there early can be like, "This dude aint bad...might check him out again"

That's how Serge got himself up. I saw Serge in a full set at Avalon back in January. I was in the booth all night with him, and he fuckin wrecked that place. Much different than his opening stuff for Ferry he was doing at the time.