Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So what about Brickell

katedazell

not much going on as far as nightlife...the only thing that's ok for business ppl to hang out after work is novecento...on friday's it usually packed and they have a dj (not the best...IMO) that plays house. they also have happy hour specials on mojitos and a house merlot from argentina that's really good (it's only $5)

There isn't anything in the way of dancing, but there are some other nice places to go for happy hour. Novecento can get to be quite packed...you'd think that by the way people clamor over that place that it was the only bar around Brickell. But there are other spot, less crowded with good atmospheres. There's Perricone's by Mary Brickell Village...think they still have ladies' night on Wednesdays, with drink specials. If you walk down South Miami Avenue there are other places too, such as a little street cafe, and then the River House right next to Tobacco Road. Tobacco Road often has talented local blues acts as well as other music. The outdoor patio with the huge overhanging tree is very relaxing. The Conrad did have a beautiful bar right next to the restaurant, which was popular for happy hour...not sure if it's back open yet. There's also Bijan's on the River, the Rusty Pelican (over the Rickenbacker causeway with a great view of the Miami skyline), etc.

There isn't anything in the way of dancing, but there are some other nice places to go for happy hour. Novecento can get to be quite packed...you'd think that by the way people clamor over that place that it was the only bar around Brickell. But there are other spot, less crowded with good atmospheres. There's Perricone's by Mary Brickell Village...think they still have ladies' night on Wednesdays, with drink specials. If you walk down South Miami Avenue there are other places too, such as a little street cafe, and then the River House right next to Tobacco Road. Tobacco Road often has talented local blues acts as well as other music. The outdoor patio with the huge overhanging tree is very relaxing. The Conrad did have a beautiful bar right next to the restaurant, which was popular for happy hour...not sure if it's back open yet. There's also Bijan's on the River, the Rusty Pelican (over the Rickenbacker causeway with a great view of the Miami skyline), etc.

the conrad sucked when i went....no one was there and i had to wait forever for my drink...they didn't even know how to make a dirty martini.

Brickell has to be the only place in Fla where you can get a blowjob for $5, seriously...now, don't quote me on that, I'm no real-state agent or morgage broker, ya see? :laugh2:

Man, you are getting ripped off. I get mine for free! :)

the conrad sucked when i went....no one was there and i had to wait forever for my drink...they didn't even know how to make a dirty martini.

The point is, there's other places besides Novocento. Every time we went there we had to wait forever as well...it's not worth all the hype that people had to park all down my street blocks away just to go there.

If you've tried some of the other places, you'll know there's more to downtown nightlife than Novocento. I haven't lived on Brickell for nothing.

The point is, there's other places besides Novocento. Every time we went there we had to wait forever as well...it's not worth all the hype that people had to park all down my street blocks away just to go there.

If you've tried some of the other places, you'll know there's more to downtown nightlife than Novocento. I haven't lived on Brickell for nothing.

and my point was to steer her away from a place that i know sucks...that's all...i've never had a problem at novecento...of course if you don't get there by 6:30-7:00 on friday ur gonna have to wait to get in....but it IS a hot spot for brickell ave so i would expect there to be a problem on a friday evening...that's why i try to get there before then...and directly across the street is the four season tower where i work...there's lots of parking there or you could pay $3 for valet at 900

pointless_Advisory.jpg

pointless_Advisory.jpg

why is it that within the last year or so, I usually get this kind of response whenever I post anything...and you now, Funk? I was trying to share some of my experiences from living off of Brickell Avenue. During all of that time I have seen all of the construction and the buildings shoot up, and figured that sooner or later there would be more nightlife in downtown Miami, which I am all in favor of. I moved there for a job and after about a year had to move away again because of another job.

But whether or not you try to trash my experiences...I had many good times down on the Brickell area, as I worked on Brickell pretty much all of last year. I was shown around by coworkers - Florida natives, one of whom was native to Miami and the other whose father was a lawyer in downtown Miami back in the '30s. Since I was new to the area, they wanted to show me some of the hidden treasures of the Brickell area. We had happy hours just about every Friday and we would try out new places whenever we could. These were great times that I'll never forget.

I don't try to discredit anyone else's experiences or what they bring to this board. With this post, I was also trying to pay homage to these other places where we had many memorable nights. Sure we went to Novocento, but one of my coworkers really didn't like it. I actually enjoyed the music and it had some good vibes, but I enjoyed the older places better, where you had a sense of the history of the city, where you could get good drinks and food, be able to look out on the New River or across the bay...

These experiences were special to me and I don't appreciate your trashing them, just as I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate me trashing yours, or treating you like you have no credibility when just about everyone on this board has a story to tell about the magic that comes alive at night in the beautiful cities of Miami and Miami Beach.

...especially when you consider what's happened with some people on here.

:confused: Are you talking about the time that koky got gang-raped by 83 blue-tailed simeons? Or about the time bling made a T-shirt with his own name mispelled? Or about the picture of me rolling and dancing with glowsticks? Or about funketeer practicing yoga on Blue's floor? :D

What's up people! There will be a new club opening in the Brickell area called Bricks. I think it used to be Pure Lounge or something like that.

TRANSIT LOUNGE!! it's only a stumble away from my crib and it has the cheapest drinks out of all the places!!:clap2:

wow you people should go out in brickell more,,, novecento is good and friday nights BIG FISH is really really fun ....... and to think ive been in miami since new years and have the nightlife figured out over the "locals "