Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Financial Security

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ 28 I have all of that except owning a house or condo and I have no interest in it in New York. I only club like twice a month now and even that can be a stretch sometimes...my days of this are coming to an end soon. I dont want to be the old guy in the club who is 35 peeping 19 year olds...

Let's see:

-- Own property: no, because it's not practical; why spend all your money on mortgage, maintenance, property taxes and repairs when you can rent a comfortable place and have plenty of disposable income?

-- Save for retirement: yes; have a healthy emergency fund in liquid savings too

-- Own business: no, because a corporate career is more rewarding financially and you don't have to work as much and as hard

-- Advanced degree: yes, MBA in progress.

-- Spend money clubbing: you've got to have a hobby, and it's not that much money... although I admit that I have to stop buying bottles all the time

-- Luxury vehicles: yes, you've got to reward yourself.

-- Getting old: mature and confident men don't care about 19 year olds and don't go to clubs to peep them; they go to hear the DJ and drink with their friends

Does anyone here own a house or condo and have to pay a mortgage?

Does anyone here save for retirement, like max out their 401k

Does anyone here have their own business

Is anyone here pursuin a masters degree or phd

Or do we all spend our money clubbin

Or do we all live at home and by luxury vehicles and go out all the time.

I'll tell you its a stuggle to do both.

I disagree. I don't find it exceptionally hard. I have a house, pay my mortgage, put away 700 a month for my retirement, still have money to get sauced and go out. I mean, it's not like I have mountains of cash lying around, but it can be done.

Instead of getting some expensive car that does nothing for me, I bought a toyota matrix. Nothing fancy but it does what I need it to do. Sure I could have bought a fucking Lexus but then I wouldn't have been able to save.

Rather than driving to work I take the train, sure it would be 20 mins less each way, but the train is cheaper so I do that.

It's not that hard if you have your priorities straight.

Let's see:

-- Own property: no, because it's not practical; why spend all your money on mortgage, maintenance, property taxes and repairs when you can rent a comfortable place and have plenty of disposable income?

-- Save for retirement: yes; have a healthy emergency fund in liquid savings too

QUOTE]

owniging property isnt practical? well i guess renting is much more practical. You spend money youll never get back month in and monmth out to pay off and build equity in someone elses property. Well maybe you have to maintain and repair property and whether its rent or mortgage in a way you are still paying taxes.

How about owning gets you a much better tax write off, you are paying off something you can one day own and not owe on, you build equity. When you retire or move on you can seel that for a profit to use how you wish.

Home in NJ 300k 15 yrs from now 600k ( use profit to pay for retirement condo in florida cash)

Rent 1400 a mo - 15 yrs from now 2400 a month - when you leave u get your security back and thats it. try buying something for 2800 bucks.

Does anyone here own a house or condo and have to pay a mortgage?

Does anyone here save for retirement, like max out their 401k

Does anyone here have their own business

Is anyone here pursuin a masters degree or phd

Or do we all spend our money clubbin

Or do we all live at home and by luxury vehicles and go out all the time.

I'll tell you its a stuggle to do both.

time to start a new career

im 27 and just about to move out of my moms house. I may have lost a step or two since i was 22. But my life still revolves around partying and pussy. Thats what i enjoy right now, and thats how ima live it!!!

If that's the case I'd say you've lost more than a step or two.

Actually having ANY balance on credit cards is not smart. Trying to convince someone that buying property just so that "you don't throw money out on rent" is not smart either. It's easier to convience a JP hater to join the JP Army.

Most people learn the hard way that unless you plan to stay in your property for a while you'll lose money. One girl I know bought a house and moved in with her fiance, they expected to get married in a year and start making kids. Six months later she kicked him out of the house. It took her 9 months to sell the house, and she had to take $5,000 less than what she paid for it. She also lost $10,000 closing costs.

My friend bought a 1-bedroom co-op and paid $10,000 closing costs too. His mortgage is $1500, maintenance is $1000. Similar apartments in his building rent for $1450. Two weeks after he moved in, a water pipe burst and his apartment got flooded. He is currently suing both the co-op board and the insurance company to pay for damages, in the meantime he paid for repairs out of his own pocket.

Yet another kid I know couldn't sell his 1-bedroom for 6 months. So far he had 2 buyers, both were rejected by the co-op board. He got a huge promotion and needs to move to Westchester, meanwhile his daily commute is 2 hours driving one way in traffic. Plus he comes home to his pregnant wife who bitches about how much they need a second bedroom for the baby.

Sux to be them, doesn't it?

Let's see:

QUOTE]

owniging property isnt practical? well i guess renting is much more practical. You spend money youll never get back month in and monmth out to pay off and build equity in someone elses property. Well maybe you have to maintain and repair property and whether its rent or mortgage in a way you are still paying taxes.

How about owning gets you a much better tax write off, you are paying off something you can one day own and not owe on, you build equity. When you retire or move on you can seel that for a profit to use how you wish.

Home in NJ 300k 15 yrs from now 600k ( use profit to pay for retirement condo in florida cash)

Rent 1400 a mo - 15 yrs from now 2400 a month - when you leave u get your security back and thats it. try buying something for 2800 bucks.

lol ill be sure to buy your property in a couple of years pennies on the dollar... icon13.gif

Actually having ANY balance on credit cards is not smart. Trying to convince someone that buying property just so that "you don't throw money out on rent" is not smart either. It's easier to convience a JP hater to join the JP Army.

Most people learn the hard way that unless you plan to stay in your property for a while you'll lose money. One girl I know bought a house and moved in with her fiance, they expected to get married in a year and start making kids. Six months later she kicked him out of the house. It took her 9 months to sell the house, and she had to take $5,000 less than what she paid for it. She also lost $10,000 closing costs.

My friend bought a 1-bedroom co-op and paid $10,000 closing costs too. His mortgage is $1500, maintenance is $1000. Similar apartments in his building rent for $1450. Two weeks after he moved in, a water pipe burst and his apartment got flooded. He is currently suing both the co-op board and the insurance company to pay for damages, in the meantime he paid for repairs out of his own pocket.

Yet another kid I know couldn't sell his 1-bedroom for 6 months. So far he had 2 buyers, both were rejected by the co-op board. He got a huge promotion and needs to move to Westchester, meanwhile his daily commute is 2 hours driving one way in traffic. Plus he comes home to his pregnant wife who bitches about how much they need a second bedroom for the baby.

Sux to be them, doesn't it?

i still dont see your point. those are extreme examples.

Who ever said that you will make money in a house in one year. Thats their fault the way their situation went down.

In the long term its better to own then rent. Bottom line.

i still dont see your point. those are extreme examples.

Who ever said that you will make money in a house in one year. Thats their fault the way their situation went down.

In the long term its better to own then rent. Bottom line.

One of those examples is great, "6 months later he kicked her out." Come on Maxy boy, think for a minute... but not too long, don't want you go get hurt.

If you want Max, I can tell you another story that greatly differs from the ones you told. Everyone has stories, but as a whole, renting is retarded if you can buy. But not if you plan to move in 6 months.

Guest onisakura

Unless you have long term plans, renting it a better option. Everyone was pushing me to buy in FL cause thats what everyone and their mother was doing but i resisted. I sure as hell didn't want to have a piece of property to maintain from 1100 miles away with disgusting property taxes and insurance, plus maintenance. Renting suits me just fine for the time being and YES i do know the benefits of buying, i happen to be in the business.

I've pretty much started over again up here, but i have a plan for the next year.

And jim is right, growinupjersey sure missed more than a couple steps there. *lol* Party and pussy....isnt that what 21 year olds aspire to achieve?

Unless you have long term plans, renting it a better option. Everyone was pushing me to buy in FL cause thats what everyone and their mother was doing but i resisted. I sure as hell didn't want to have a piece of property to maintain from 1100 miles away with disgusting property taxes and insurance, plus maintenance. Renting suits me just fine for the time being and YES i do know the benefits of buying, i happen to be in the business.

I've pretty much started over again up here, but i have a plan for the next year.

And jim is right, growinupjersey sure missed more than a couple steps there. *lol* Party and pussy....isnt that what 21 year olds aspire to achieve?

Yeah, 21, maybe 22... but 27? Come on man, try to use the head on top of your neck for once.

Guest onisakura
Yeah, 21, maybe 22... but 27? Come on man, try to use the head on top of your neck for once.

Jersey. Nuff said. ;)

One of those examples is great, "6 months later he kicked her out."

Alright, Jimk, you got me: I actually went back and checked what I wrote there. I guess you need to brush up on your Reading Comprehension skills, it's been a while since you took your SATs, huh? Or are you saying you don't believe a girl can kick a man out of her house? You are such a Sheevanist!

Even though renting saves $1000 a month, not $20 bucks a week, I'll take Oni's word that there are benefits to buying, since she is our CP Resident expert on this business. On that note, Oni - kiss!!! :kiss2:

But we are not talking long term right now, are we? C'mon, boys: don't you think there will be great career opportunities for which you'd move? Or maybe enjoy your money now so that you're ready to settle down once you meet The Right Woman? I mean - Jenbabe is only 18, so we got at least 10 years to go before we tear each others' throats over her - let's rip it sick for a while!