Clubplanet Nightlife Community

s-man great @crobar w/his expandibng growing organic hard tribal house riddims

s-man great as usual at crobar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

roger sanchez laid down another great set at crobar last night, the definition of house music and with a feel good long weekend-y kinda vibe and crobar's main floor was full til 9 am we hung on til the very end for s-man what a talent & what a party creator/orchestrator!!!!

i was at a soho party til past 3 but hit crobar by 330/4. nice size crowd, full but not oppressive at all. s-man was delivering superb house from the first tune i heard til the last. if youre a dance music fan you prob know sanchez. hes simply a top 10 or 15 best dj in the world, altho his name may be not the first that comes up when people discuss the worlds 10 or so best. some nights hes good to very good, other nights hes like excellent to great. last night was in the 2nd category. i was simply blown away by his mixing last night. and i dont mean that in a dweeb, dj-slut way. im saying he does something where he lays down these beds of rhythm, and i swear s-man's beats last night were like flowing expanding oozing & organic!!! i was blown away by his use of rhythmic textures and then of course high spots like a vocal sample or a killer bassline. seriously s-mans technique was devastating!! he played every kind of house: hard house. pop house. progg house. deep house. a melodic trance-ish house. and some hard tribal for sure, thats the sound he seems to be keying on last few times i saw him. sman spins the hard techy-ish tribal like 1 of the worlds besT!~! id say the oozing beats last night felt a bit like dj vibe!! smans hard tribal was better than chus & ceballos, hes even morte diverse than them, altho i like when C&C crank up the nasty bass beatsm and smans occasional tech/electro spot hit that.

ive been listening to smans brill ktu friday mix show, and very few tunes last night were on the radio!! he was breaking out ibiza style new hardish tech-ish house tunes.

he played til 9 am, thats a bit later than many crobars go. the floor was perfectly full to the last rekkid at 9 am!!!! the crwod was loving sman! a very happy cheerful crowd & I think smans happy music & personality made the long weekend party vibe in place!!

even the bouncers, occasionally sullen at crobar, were happy & bopping to it!

smans house was definitive, and very now.

sharp 'falling down' final track at 850. also teased a bit of red carpet alright but just a minute. otherwise lots of hard ish techyish house numbers,-- id love to hear more spots espec 1-4 am when i was en route. -- of lil progg n electro ish moments in his hard tribal format too.

best sman set ive heard in 2006 a shade better than his january crobar hard tribal massive.

****1/4 of 5 stars, the crowd was loving it & the floor was plaesantly full til 9 am, we were hanging on smans brill tuneage.

1 of best vibes ive felt at crobar this year, some time the crowd/jammed/guidos weigh the modo down but not last night!! it was upful vibey positive free & very house -astic long weekend smiles set!!

praises to sman!!!

the music was just pleasing plus.

and crobar had a bright positive vibe. thats

one thing that has been missing at more than a few crobar nights this year.

parties like dt/mauro or some of vibe into victor's night, didnt have a good vibe - it was just jammed & it wasnt fun it was sardines.

sanchez seemed to have exactly the right quantity of people last night, his set was beyond on point, it was stunning, and there was a light fun and energy at crobar last night that kept pouring forth til 9 am last rekkid.

when its too rammed or when theres too many guidos, like the victor/vibe night, the atmosphere is oppressive. complete opposite last night great crowd feel & most important sanchez played a set that called the tune- happiness.

s-man great as usual at crobar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

roger sanchez laid down another great set at crobar last night, the definition of house music and with a feel good long weekend-y kinda vibe and crobar's main floor was full til 9 am we hung on til the very end for s-man what a talent & what a party creator/orchestrator!!!!

i was at a soho party til past 3 but hit crobar by 330/4. nice size crowd, full but not oppressive at all. s-man was delivering superb house from the first tune i heard til the last. if youre a dance music fan you prob know sanchez. hes simply a top 10 or 15 best dj in the world, altho his name may be not the first that comes up when people discuss the worlds 10 or so best. some nights hes good to very good, other nights hes like excellent to great. last night was in the 2nd category. i was simply blown away by his mixing last night. and i dont mean that in a dweeb, dj-slut way. im saying he does something where he lays down these beds of rhythm, and i swear s-man's beats last night were like flowing expanding oozing & organic!!! i was blown away by his use of rhythmic textures and then of course high spots like a vocal sample or a killer bassline. seriously s-mans technique was devastating!! he played every kind of house: hard house. pop house. progg house. deep house. a melodic trance-ish house. and some hard tribal for sure, thats the sound he seems to be keying on last few times i saw him. sman spins the hard techy-ish tribal like 1 of the worlds besT!~! id say the oozing beats last night felt a bit like dj vibe!! smans hard tribal was better than chus & ceballos, hes even morte diverse than them, altho i like when C&C crank up the nasty bass beatsm and smans occasional tech/electro spot hit that.

ive been listening to smans brill ktu friday mix show, and very few tunes last night were on the radio!! he was breaking out ibiza style new hardish tech-ish house tunes.

he played til 9 am, thats a bit later than many crobars go. the floor was perfectly full to the last rekkid at 9 am!!!! the crwod was loving sman! a very happy cheerful crowd & I think smans happy music & personality made the long weekend party vibe in place!!

even the bouncers, occasionally sullen at crobar, were happy & bopping to it!

smans house was definitive, and very now.

sharp 'falling down' final track at 850. also teased a bit of red carpet alright but just a minute. otherwise lots of hard ish techyish house numbers,-- id love to hear more spots espec 1-4 am when i was en route. -- of lil progg n electro ish moments in his hard tribal format too.

best sman set ive heard in 2006 a shade better than his january crobar hard tribal massive.

****1/4 of 5 stars, the crowd was loving it & the floor was plaesantly full til 9 am, we were hanging on smans brill tuneage.

1 of best vibes ive felt at crobar this year, some time the crowd/jammed/guidos weigh the modo down but not last night!! it was upful vibey positive free & very house -astic long weekend smiles set!!

praises to sman!!!

Now thats what I call a fucking review, excellent man. :bowdown: