Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ERICK MORILLO | Going Away To Ibiza Party | Pacha This Sat. 6/3 | 18+

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morillo drops some nastiness in Ibiza... if you ever go there check him out. He just stinks when he plays here.

indeed..anywhere outside of america...

i hope he goes back there and remembers what made him an idol to many...or at least we'll get some good essential mixes out of it

Im just stating the obvious man, Pacha cannot get filled, unless its a JP Party. Sasha and Tiesto are both 18 plus because Sasha and Tiesto are both from Europe, and in Europe there is no age to get into clubs, so they always insist, that it is that way, when they play there. Why DT is 18 I have no idea. Chill man, I have no beefs with you at all, just saying from what I have seen , heard, and been apart of.

dood no beef .... and i doubt that sasha or tiesto cares about 18+ .... really though 18+ doesnt mean the end of things, horrible assumption ... it might be the begining of something ...

all those years that DT held a WEEKLY residency @ ARC / Vinyl... all the nights were 18+... u'd think maybe he likes the vibe more ? i cant think of any other reason...

i was in the process of writing about vinyl when i saw ur post...good stuff

even tho vinyl was a whole different story than pacha/crobar/spirit...it still opened its doors to an 18+ element..and it never bothered me one bit

but in rayrays defense....vinyl was never as "cool" or "trendy" to go to as some of these clubs are..so when some of the kids see 18+ they jump @ the opportunity to go to a bigger club so they can talk about it to their frands and brag...and a lot of these kids dont know anything about the music...but as flow said..how r they gona learn if they cant be exposed to it?

shit..i remember i used to brag about goin to Limelight @ 16..meanwhile that was the biggest dump in the city...but it def helped me develop my musical tastes..so i wana say bigups to the lax security @ LL and my homegirl who worked as a photographer there part time ahhaah

dude he plays the same everywhere my friends went to ibiza one summer and said he was playin a lot of the same stuff except he experiments a little bit more out there with his sound since a lot of europeans arent into the really hard ny sound

I have been every summer since 2000. Trust me, he does not play the same as he does in NYC.

I have been every summer since 2000. Trust me, he does not play the same as he does in NYC.

i heard mixed stories about that god knows how fucked up people get when they go hear him out there so i dont know who's telling the truth, although i do have his last essential mix from space terrace in ibiza and he has played all of those tracks in nyc before with the exception of funky town

I have heard Morillo is amazing in Ibiza. All I know is last 2 times I have seen him, he sucked ass, and I mean he really sucked ass. Now that the party is 18, it just proves what I was saying

but you have to think of this from a business POV, it is the weekend after MDW, which is always a slow weekend in NYC,

so you go 18 + to make the most out of it , this is not going to be a every week thing

plus your exposing Erick to a new market, for a night , consider it a treat, consider it a good marketing tool, I know it is hard for us older heads to deal with , but from that POV it makes complete sense..

but you have to think of this from a business POV, it is the weekend after MDW, which is always a slow weekend in NYC,

so you go 18 + to make the most out of it , this is not going to be a every week thing

plus your exposing Erick to a new market, for a night , consider it a treat, consider it a good marketing tool, I know it is hard for us older heads to deal with , but from that POV it makes complete sense..

This entire board seems to forget its a business!! and all dj's are "working".. but anyway good seeing u out at tavern.. shit was nuts!!!!

This entire board seems to forget its a business!! and all dj's are "working".. but anyway good seeing u out at tavern.. shit was nuts!!!!

ditto ....that was a fun party, def got too crowded at points, but if you found your spot and made the best of it , it was hotness..

and about your statement

you will never make everyone happy, espcially on this board,

it costs MONEY to operate these clubs every week, some people fail to grasp that simple concept, and then you have other clubs opening up every week, and clubs with same concept, you have to Compete and you have to do what you have to do to make it work

PACHA is making the second floor (above main) a hip hop room for normal nights when there is no big dj there, I bet many many will comment about that, but you know what , hip hop is a huge market and if that is what you have to do to make money (which it will) and pay the rent, then that is what you do,

if 18 + crowd is going to be there every week (cause they have no other club to got to) then you do it , case it is smart business, most people who comment forget this fact, and probably could not run a lemonade stand,

DJ's cost money

lighting cost money

staff cost money

i cost money (lol)

pacha did 1700 on friday for liebing, might have done more after I left, but I would say a majority of the crowd was 18 +, so going 18 + on fridays was the best move they ever did , and the night will continue to grow,.

will it make everyone happy, of course not, you never ever will....,. but it sure will keep the club in business and it will give them the foothold to invest in bigger dj's which they sure have in store (aka VIBE 16th), and some others I cant yet mention

it is very hard to pack a club friday and saturday with 21 plus, espcially with crobar as competition and with spirit and with avalon, although the other 2 hardly do anything anymore, but if 500 go to either, that is 1000 less at Pacha.

this saturday like I said, is cause we are coming off MDW, the city will be slower then usual, espcially with 21 plus crowd who goes to Hamptons or Shore, and who are beat up and broke from a long weekend ...

everyone should just stop complaining, grab your friends, go out and have a good time...dance, drink, snort, do whatever makes YOU happy

don't you eventually get tired of being so negative.....?

sorry bro.. what i ment was see yaaa.. cause i really am not into morillo.. at least not for the past couple of years.. i cant stasnd his phase bullshit.. just fuckin spin and get off the mic.. but if u go enjoy bruther!!

lmao yea i kno i realized what u meant after i posted...but neway i might go not sure...r u and nikki comin out fo r DT??? get @ me pce pce playa

seriously it's one nite and this kid is all freakin out about it

when i was younger i wish i had the opportunity to hear some of the dj's that only spun 21+ nites

thats another thing

everyone here was 18 at one time and wished they could get into clubs, well maybe you all want to be the bitter old folks, but maybe these 18 yr olds will be the next generation of appreciative clubbers and not the negative nellies everyone has grown up to be ...

thats another thing

everyone here was 18 at one time and wished they could get into clubs, well maybe you all want to be the bitter old folks, but maybe these 18 yr olds will be the next generation of appreciative clubbers and not the negative nellies everyone has grown up to be ...

When I was 18 I used to go to raves. Wasn't really that interested in going to clubs at that point.

But do you understand what he's saying? There are no raves now, kids 17-18-19-20 all wanna get into crobar or Pacha, and an 18 night does them right.

Yeah, I get what your saying. I don't even know why I said that, it didn't have anything to do with the conversation. :funny:

iam not really a fan of morillo

but isent he like the partial owner of the club?

he only spun like 4 or 5 times since the club has been opened and now hes leaving for the whole summer?

so stupid no wonder the club isent doin as great

shit only packs out when him or jp are in there

i mean the past few reviews i heard about the parties within the last month is that the club has been doing better but for morillo to basically jump ship on his own club like that for a good 2 to 3 months is stupid

iam not really a fan of morillo

but isent he like the partial owner of the club?

he only spun like 4 or 5 times since the club has been opened and now hes leaving for the whole summer?

so stupid no wonder the club isent doin as great

shit only packs out when him or jp are in there

i mean the past few reviews i heard about the parties within the last month is that the club has been doing better but for morillo to basically jump ship on his own club like that for a good 2 to 3 months is stupid

1. He's the musical advisor/resident. He has nothing to do with the day-to-day operations.

2. He always leaves for Ibiza. He's been doing this since 2001.

3. The club is faily new as well (less than 6 months old).

4. Calm down. He's not jumping ship on anything. Tune back into KTU.

Guest onisakura

Yup.

Im not a fan of Morillo, i dont mind if he's gone for 3-4 months. Besides, most big clubs (like Space) have quarterly residents so its not a big deal that he's gone. Its hard for a club built on the foundation of a NY clubscene cornerstone to catch up, even with the fame of the Pacha name. It takes a little while. I for one am liking the names that they are bringing in lately.

1. He's the musical advisor/resident. He has nothing to do with the day-to-day operations.

2. He always leaves for Ibiza. He's been doing this since 2001.

3. The club is faily new as well (less than 6 months old).

4. Calm down. He's not jumping ship on anything. Tune back into KTU.

thank you for setting the record straight ....