Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If you think Stimulus>response is deephouse only,than you are so wrong take a look.

Heres a set by KEITH BLACKSTONE one of the djs from our party over at LOVE a few suns ago on memorial day weekend, Enjoy!:

Keith Blackstone live@LOVE 5/28/06 nyc, STIMULUS>RESPONSE.

http://www.keithblackstone.com/mixes/Keith%20Blackstone%20Live%20@%20Love,%20NYC%2005-28-06.mp3

yes i LOVE deephouse but i love me some dark beats as well. Im jsut more vocal about deephouse on this forum cause people arent. Anyhow theres some deephouse at stimulus>response but not ONLY deephouse, theres a lil something for everyone from deep to tribal to tech to broken beat to funky. See ya this fri at PACHA.

Silver:

Could you tell me what the what is the crowd like at this party?

I was at LOve last Thursday or Friday I beleive and I really liked the venue ansdcrowd there...people dressed up and looked good but noone was rude at val.

Or they there more to dance or to wear expensive clothes, look good and dance a little bit. Is there a dress code?

Silver:

Could you tell me what the what is the crowd like at this party?

I was at LOve last Thursday or Friday I beleive and I really liked the venue ansdcrowd there...people dressed up and looked good but noone was rude at val.

Or they there more to dance or to wear expensive clothes, look good and dance a little bit. Is there a dress code?

Im abit confused as to what your saying. Our party this fri night is at PACHA not Love we did love a few sun nights ago and it was great. Crowd for the stimulus parties are dancers/music heads people who love to have fun ya know.

I dont know who or what happened at love the night you went but LOVE is an amazing venue and that along with cielo are my 2 fav venues in nyc. Love theres no attitude so come as you are. For the party tonite at PACHA its a big room so expect a lil bit of everything that goes with a big room. Also expect the MAIN ROOM to have some good music heads dancers grooving to the party.

If your interested in goin shoot me a pm.

Sorry too much drugs lol j/k

No I really liked Love. The sound was great and the people were friendly and dresssed very well. I loved that the bar was in a separate room from the dance floor. The light were good too kind of reminded me of Arc.

Yes, my question was retarded. Obviously if this party is at Pacha then I know exactly what the crowd is like since Ive been there several times.

Silver, thanks for the invite but my next party will be DT at Spirit. I'm a little danced out, just much more of a lounge mood right now but I will def. say hi to you when i see you.

Sorry too much drugs lol j/k

No I really liked Love. The sound was great and the people were friendly and dresssed very well. I loved that the bar was in a separate room from the dance floor. The light were good too kind of reminded me of Arc.

Yes, my question was retarded. Obviously if this party is at Pacha then I know exactly what the crowd is like since Ive been there several times.

Silver, thanks for the invite but my next party will be DT at Spirit. I'm a little danced out, just much more of a lounge mood right now but I will def. say hi to you when i see you.

I'll be there on the 3rd for danny t at sp[irit., Also july 1st PS1 BODY N SOUL 10yr party. Also alot of us will be around tomorrow night at CIELO for TEDD PATTERSON.

Well, Gabe, I think you made your point - this Keith Blackstone set is pretty far from deephouse. But to me this set sounded very monotonous, some tracks were very old (especially the one that was on Webster Hall CD 1) and way too much Dibiza. The quality sucked too: even though I understand this was a live set, it's as if it was recorded by someone who held a mic close to a speaker.

The quality sucked too: even though I understand this was a live set, it's as if it was recorded by someone who held a mic close to a speaker.

The issue is the fact that this was recorded off the main mixer @ love which is a urei... the recording volume is determined by the individual channel levels, since there is no gain on this type of mixer.

So... what ends up happening is distortion gets into the mix as you push a channel above 8. I had the choice of either scrapping the entire recording or take it as is, compress it to make the levels even and present it. I chose the latter (obviously).

Take it for what it is, or isn't... but not everything is as simple or upfront as it seems. If the mixer were a Rane or anything else with gains or set-level record outs, then this wouldn't have been an issue. That combined with the fact that this was my first time on their system, so next time (assuming there is one), I'll know a bit better how to combat this predicament...

As for the opinion on the tracks (old/new/etc) and mix overall, cool beans, thx for listening anyway...

-kb

The issue is the fact that this was recorded off the main mixer @ love which is a urei... the recording volume is determined by the individual channel levels, since there is no gain on this type of mixer.

So... what ends up happening is distortion gets into the mix as you push a channel above 8. I had the choice of either scrapping the entire recording or take it as is, compress it to make the levels even and present it. I chose the latter (obviously).

Take it for what it is, or isn't... but not everything is as simple or upfront as it seems. If the mixer were a Rane or anything else with gains or set-level record outs, then this wouldn't have been an issue. That combined with the fact that this was my first time on their system, so next time (assuming there is one), I'll know a bit better how to combat this predicament...

As for the opinion on the tracks (old/new/etc) and mix overall, cool beans, thx for listening anyway...

-kb

your the man see you tonight !!

• 4 weeks later...
Well, Gabe, I think you made your point - this Keith Blackstone set is pretty far from deephouse. But to me this set sounded very monotonous, some tracks were very old (especially the one that was on Webster Hall CD 1) and way too much Dibiza. The quality sucked too: even though I understand this was a live set, it's as if it was recorded by someone who held a mic close to a speaker.[/quote

Everyone harbors their own opinion....that said...I've been to a lot of the Stimulus Response parties, and they have all been F****ng amazing. It's always been a good venue, decent crown, and, most importantly, great music. I haven't been going out very much in the past couple of weeks (I'm just tired), but I always make it a point to make an appearance at the Stimulus Response parties. And Keith Blackstone's sets? They ALWAYS keep me dancing all night long.:clap2::laugh2::beer::getdown: