Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lawler review

Very good night

Cielo was about 3/4 full, expected that as it was a sunday night

Now to Mr Lawler. His style has really changed imo

IMO last night was not like his last set at spirit or WMC at Space.....but last night was good in a different type of way...looking forward to seeing him again in Ibiza this summer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im so pissed as i was def goin to this but my party on fri night at pacha and then tedd patterson at cielo on sat and work on sat n sun morning, i just couldnt make it. Wonder how the rest goes, all in all his style has been changing as of late when he has palyed nyc, more andmore electro stuff, less housey,tribal stuff. Wonder what he sound like in cielo hopefully back to his house,tribal beats.

Guest onisakura

He pretty much did go real dark, dirty and sexy. Great sound, i haven't heard him in a couple years and that was in a huge club at that. I was really glad he was in a more intimate setting. Plus the fact that it wasn't terribly crowded added to it, there was room to dance, walk around and just enjoy the music.

u saw them? how were they looking? wounded in battle?

Jeff was the first casualty at around 1:30 or so... Cookie & Stymie fought bravely, but were running out of firepower. Once I got them some more "ammo" they were back in business... I left around 2:15 so I can't say what happened after that...

i had a great time. the opening dj was great, he set up Lawler perfectly. Lawler's set was hard all the way. alot of pounding progressive electro. for anyone that doesnt know, its not that happy Tocadisco electro sound. this is dark and heavy. it was non stop energy. Stymie said at about 1:30, "how is he gonna keep up this energy for the next 2 1/2 hrs?" i told him he would and he did.

seeing him in a small room like that is great. like said already it was about 3/4 full which made it perfect. just about everyone was on the dancefloor and all the area around it was pretty much clear. everyone was having a great time, whistling, yelling, and clapping their hands during every breakdown of every track. the vibe and music were definitely insane.

some tracks i can remember:

The Rub

Ame-Rej <----place went nuts when this came on

Insomnia (Ame Remix) <----this was my personal favorite for the night

i wish i could remember more. i need t write that stuff down while im there haha. and of course there were tons of tracks i didnt know but cant wait to find out wut they are.

nice meeting Stymie and Cookie, and their other friend from the board whose name i think is Accelerator? also met 2 others, Steve and Serge. And goood to see Andrew Mendez there too.

Ame-Rej <----place went nuts when this came on

yeah that was so fucking sick.

it was a great night. there was never a dull moment. it's amazing what that man can do to a crowd with just a bassline and a kickdrum. i just wish he didn't end so early.