Clubplanet Nightlife Community

John Digweed @ crobar, Sat 6/17

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Main Room: John Digweed w/ DJ Chloe Harris

Reed Room: Utopia Parkway w/ DJ Johnny Dynell

crobar presents John Digweed’s Transitions Tour!

Originally hailing from England, John Digweed has cemented his name in the pages of dance music history. Highlights from his groundbreaking list of achievements include his partnership with Sasha, and being the first British DJs to hold a residency at Twilo. He continues to DJ around the world, remix and produce music on his label Bedrock, and run a weekly radio show on KISS-100 FM in the UK. Don’t forget to pick up his newest album, Transitions on Renaissance, available in stores everywhere. Playing with John Digweed will be DJ Chloe Harris.

In the Reed Room, Chi Chi Valenti and Johnny Dynell celebrate their weekly themed party, Utopia Parkway with a night of fabulous female surf punks.

$30 advance / $40 door

http://www.wantickets.com/Function/event/eventdetail.asp?e_id=18798&ref=cp

Digweed is real good. But I perfer Sasha's ridiculous beats over his Melodic bombs any day! I like the melodic stuff, but it just dont do for me what the beat, beat, beat, boom does.

i hear ya man Sasha is fucking sick behind the decks, I just like the way digweed can just rip the shit outa a sound system with his hard, evil bass.

and last night he did just that, awesome/fun night. I know most of cp were all about dj vibe this weekend but alot of you truly missed one hell of a set.

i hear ya man Sasha is fucking sick behind the decks, I just like the way digweed can just rip the shit outa a sound system with his hard, evil bass.

and last night he did just that, awesome/fun night. I know most of cp were all about dj vibe this weekend but alot of you truly missed one hell of a set.

bass? what bass???!!! i heard nothing but ambient.

bass? what bass???!!! i heard nothing but ambient.

I wanst there, but I know Digweed, and he is very Melodic, Plays more meloides them beats, you really have to be a real house head to like Diggers. He is nuttin like Boris, VC, JP, or any of the guys who spin in the city. Its a different sound, your have to be a mature house head to love it.

What a boring nite musically!!!!!!! Dropped a few good tracks here and there. officailly of my list of dj's to see. Last time i saw him was at centro -fly on july 4th and his music sucked that nite also. Should of gone to vibe instead....oh well.

Guest onisakura

So how was Chloe? Did she open in the main room or was she in the reed room? Im kinda bummed that i missed her. :( Its been too long.

So how was Chloe? Did she open in the main room or was she in the reed room? Im kinda bummed that i missed her. :( Its been too long.

i believe she was playing when i got there music was a bit more bumpin, and funky so i think i might caught the tail end of her set. Was too busy trying to locate people and it was crowded as hell was kinda annoying being sober and all.

What a boring nite musically!!!!!!! Dropped a few good tracks here and there. officailly of my list of dj's to see. Last time i saw him was at centro -fly on july 4th and his music sucked that nite also. Should of gone to vibe instead....oh well.

is centro fly still around,

I wanst there, but I know Digweed, and he is very Melodic, Plays more meloides them beats, you really have to be a real house head to like Diggers. He is nuttin like Boris, VC, JP, or any of the guys who spin in the city. Its a different sound, your have to be a mature house head to love it.

very well said ray ray ^^

to each his own, i didnt think it was boring at all, a little on the light side but it picked up as the night went on. maybe i was still high from just gettin back from amsterdam a few days before lol

very well said ray ray ^^

agreed when i 1st started listening to house(93) i used to hate digweed...i used to think he was so boring too....it took me about 4-5 years to actaully realize how amazing of a dj he is, how mature and intricate his music is, etc etc he's the best mixer and puts down the most incredible track selection...it's only after many years of fine tuning your ear and listening to so much garbage and good music does one realize this...most people dont have the ear and dont have the patience to listen for a set to build up..he is far superior than many djs out there, and it's a shame that people don't see this

listen to his kiss 100 sets this year, they are so slamming and far from boring(esp the one from last week), and still incorporate some sort of set structure eventhough an hour long...it's not pots and pans and slamming trance/house the entire time..it takes u on a journey

centro july 4th was one of the best sets

dj vibe is on digweed's kiss set this week...should be an amazing show as both are masters at what they do

He closed with this at space for wmc (inside)

Click

;)

ehh...

agreed when i 1st started listening to house(93) i used to hate digweed...i used to think he was so boring too....it took me about 4-5 years to actaully realize how amazing of a dj he is, how mature and intricate his music is, etc etc he's the best mixer and puts down the most incredible track selection...it's only after many years of fine tuning your ear and listening to so much garbage and good music does one realize this...most people dont have the ear and dont have the patience to listen for a set to build up..he is far superior than many djs out there, and it's a shame that people don't see this

listen to his kiss 100 sets this year, they are so slamming and far from boring(esp the one from last week), and still incorporate some sort of set structure eventhough an hour long...it's not pots and pans and slamming trance/house the entire time..it takes u on a journey

centro july 4th was one of the best sets

dj vibe is on digweed's kiss set this week...should be an amazing show as both are masters at what they do

yeah the mix sets on kiss 100 are off the hook, i love the brisban @ family set, a little short (60 min) but it is a beautiful journey from begining to end.

As for Digweeds set:

2-6 -------> Good, but definitely a few lulls here and there.

6-Close ------> Absolutely ridiculous, relentless, filthy, (sometimes) techy, bombs for the last 2.5 - 3 hours... The best I heard him in a while...