Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pacha playing hip hop on the main floor?

Tsunami is psychadellic trance, mainly israeli and german crowd

I also heard they had the official Puerto Rician day afterparty there as well.

The extreme bass and Shitty production of hip hop will destroy that system over time :(

actually the 2nd floor is re-opening as the funky room

which is not totally against the pacha's "moniker"

there is a funky room in pacha ibiza

PACHA WILL STILL HAVE HOUSE ON THE MAIN FLOOR

and on a big night like erick morillo,jonathan peters, or vibe this friday -- house will still be played on the first two floors.

morillo's back july 4 weekend. i kmnerw he'd be back asap, so much for 'going away!'

yes the puerto rican after party was there....hey they are trying everything- as long as they still book vibe morillo, maybe cox, dt, jnr, lawler -its still great....they are trying everything to fill that huge space

hip hop is not on the main floor

the floor above the dance floor will be a hip hop room on normal nights.like fridays..but it will have removable glass and such so that it can be opened up on big nights liek morillo, jp, dt etc etc

and they have adjusted the sound system up there and added to it , so that it will sound top notch

the system up there was not to loud to begin with , only in certain parts, like the vip shower area, this will be better overall for it up there.

those complaining about hip hop going to the 2nd floor.... you should support PACHA on its more 'subtle' nights then, not just on the Erick or JP or NYC DJ nights.... its because of New Yorkers' close-mindedness and praise of only THEIR DJs that a club like Pacha needs to make money with a hip hop floor... honestly speaking, how many of you have seen Sven Vath live? or James Zabiela? or Wally Lopez for that matter?.... maybe you should start seeing these guys the few times a venue like Pacha brings them along for a night, and maybe they wouldnt need to make their money by bringing in hip hop (obviously, im not even picking on any single person.... im picking on the fact that so many people in this city will be like "no, i dont wanna go to see (insert DIFFERENT DJ than they see 2-3 times a month anyway) because im strapped for cash and im going to see (Boris/JP/Morillo/DT) next week... i wouldnt be surprised if Pacha gets DT on their roster just to fill in the gaps between whenever the monthly JP or Morillo parties are

and take a look back at what happened to AVALON.... for a couple years, AVALON had the best, the most different, the most refreshing, and the most groundbreaking in EDM lineups of DJs week after week, whether with house (Donald Glaude, Felix, Junkie XL, or Tall Paul) or trance/tech (J00F, Liebing, or Ferry)..... and look what happened.... it died.... because people wanted JP or Boris or Morillo, all DJs that werent playing @ AVALON.... sure enough, CROBAR picked up some of AVALON's successful nights like Ferry Corsten and Armin and a lot others they thought they could market, and SPIRIT took the rest (which eventually died because of Boris/JP/Morillo/insert-big-NYC-DJ-here).... i think its good that PACHA's gunna have hip hop, otherwise, without it, i think it would be on the fast-road to shutting down...

those complaining about hip hop going to the 2nd floor.... you should support PACHA on its more 'subtle' nights then, not just on the Erick or JP or NYC DJ nights.... its because of New Yorkers' close-mindedness and praise of only THEIR DJs that a club like Pacha needs to make money with a hip hop floor... honestly speaking, how many of you have seen Sven Vath live? or James Zabiela? or Wally Lopez for that matter?.... maybe you should start seeing these guys the few times a venue like Pacha brings them along for a night, and maybe they wouldnt need to make their money by bringing in hip hop (obviously, im not even picking on any single person.... im picking on the fact that so many people in this city will be like "no, i dont wanna go to see (insert DIFFERENT DJ than they see 2-3 times a month anyway) because im strapped for cash and im going to see (Boris/JP/Morillo/DT) next week... i wouldnt be surprised if Pacha gets DT on their roster just to fill in the gaps between whenever the monthly JP or Morillo parties are

i heard dt will be there in august

Danny tenaglia is playing PACHA in aug its confirmed. And good points eco but i think nyc has alot of people with diverse tastes goin out to different parties. On thurs night CIELO had DJS COLETTE and HEATHER and the crowd size was great and it was a blast i personally know or regonize the majority of the people there from alot of different parties. And just tonite at sullivan room for the party i was working with keith blackstone we did about 170 heads which isnt too bad considering all the parties that were goin on at different venues.

I think pacha right now is a great main club and i would love to go hear all the djs i love on that system in that room. I was very pro spirit but its lack of consistency has made say PACHA is or has the potential for being the best big room in NYC. Not a fan of CROBAR but without a doubt it is the KING OF THE BIG ROOM in NYC i have to give credit when its due.

I also heard they had the official Puerto Rician day afterparty there as well.

yeah i was there for the afterparty.....and i had just been there on the previous friday night too for silverbull's party (which was a blast btw) .....so different hearing reggaeton and hip hop in the main room definitely. just totally different...

it felt like home when i went back this friday and saw vibe there on the main floor....i went to pacha 3 times in a week, lol so i can really compare the last few events they have had....

i like pacha so much better than crobar too.... crobar is always too crowded. fri @ pacha was crowded, but it was bearable, no where near how crobar gets.