Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Minimal tech

Who here is into this sound? i'm beggining to really dig this shit because it sooo fucking hot to dance to LOVe when DT drops a minimal bomb on us once in a while,but i've found my self liking thins sound more and more lately. what do you guys think about it.

glad to hear that you enjoy it

it took me some time to get to like it, seemed very boring to me at first, but some friends from chicago really turned me onto it

it's really a cool style, a nice change from the constant beats that you hear in house and hard tech

if you want to hear some really good minimal, listen to some sets by adam beyer, ricardo villalobos, hawtin, magda and such

in some of their recent sets, hard techno dj's such as liebing and cox are playing a lot of mininal

as you know, there is not a lot of mininal dj's playing ny, i went to see beyer in avalon several months ago and maybe 50 people in total showed up for an awesome minimal set, which combined with the fact that ny is mostly about house explains why these people don't come around as much as some of us would like them to

everybody's riding the minimal bandwagon nowadays.... theres a few songs here and there that i like (ive tried hard to like the sound) but so many other songs just sound unoriginal pieces of copy-cat production, with everyone trying to emulate everybody else's sound of minimal... bleep boop cshhhhh tsk tsk untz untz untz bleep boop cshhhhh tsk tsk

"minimal" is also somewhat of a misnomer, as there is great diversity in this genre. booka shade is a more funky style, while some m.a.n.d.y. tracks are almost ambient and trentemoller can be crunchy and aggressive.

an all-minimal set is not something I want to listen to, but dropped at the right time, a minimal tech track can fit perfectly in a set and change things up a bit. think "love dose" (luciano remix) by Unai...or John Tejada tracks. A minimal track can have attitude, but in a more restrained way. I think minimal can fit well into a tribal set (vibe drops some ugly electro/tech pieces that "could" be defined as minimal considering the wide swath that term currently covers) as well as into funky house, tech house, etc.

it's definitely a huge fad right about now, and there is a lot of sound-the-same production going on. that said, i just find the tracks i like, in any genre.

please no, all of you please stop.

we dont have any shaven arms at minimal parties and we dont need any :(

yeah but you have Richie Hawtin going gay on Sven Vath in the circles hahaha....

listened to a Richie Hawtin set and i gotta say there were some good songs.... but any other minimal set ive heard from any other DJ comes no where close to being that good

"Ritchie hawtin" tracks can get wayyy too minimal for me. i remember i saw him at Spirit one night. and i dont know if "jackie" remembers beign there trying to dance to them *haha* i was starting to get pissed because he had that erick morillo syndrome where he cuts the music every 2 mins i wa slike yoo PLAY the fucking song Bro! lmao... But give me some "Plastikman tracks and productions i'm all over the dance floor.

• 2 weeks later...
"Ritchie hawtin" tracks can get wayyy too minimal for me. i remember i saw him at Spirit one night. and i dont know if "jackie" remembers beign there trying to dance to them *haha* i was starting to get pissed because he had that erick morillo syndrome where he cuts the music every 2 mins i wa slike yoo PLAY the fucking song Bro! lmao... But give me some "Plastikman tracks and productions i'm all over the dance floor.

i saw u dancin ur ass off when he played argy -love dose (luciano remix)