Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Money Buys Happiness?

Ok maybe i'm the strange one.. Maybe i'm the one with a warped mind. Maybe its the way my parents brought me up? I DONT KNOW! but why am i sorrounded by people, where all they want in life is TO DO IS LEAD THESE COMPLICATED LIVES BEING RICH? i dont understand it... I would rahter see myself in 20yrs Living in a middle class neighborhood with healthy family.. THEN in an upper class Rich area with Money to keep me company.. IS IT ME, OR ARE SO MANY OF THE PEOPLE OUT THERE SO MATERIALISTIC!???

I WOULD RATHER HAVE TO WORK 12HR DAYS AND LIKE VOLUNTEER IN A CHILDRENS HOSPITAL ON WEEKENDS KNOWING I BROUGHT A SICK CHILD A SMILE, in hopes he wont end up as materialistic AS THE REST OF THE PEOPLE OUT THERE! AM I THE ONLY ONE???? Like my DREAM IS TO BE a famous singer someday, NOT FOR THE MONEY! HONESTLY IF SOME producer came to me RIGHT NOW, and asked me to sing a vocal for free I WOULD SO DO IT, JUST TO KNOW THAT SOME PERSON OUT THERE MIGHT LIKE IT, SOME GUY IN HIS CAR IS TAPPIN HIS FINGERS ON HIS STEERING WHEEL.. SOME WOMEN IS IRONING HER CLOTHES FOR WORK.. AND MY SONG PUT A SMILE ON THERE FACE.. MY DREAM IS TO WALK INTO A CLUB.. AND SEE THE PEOPLE GOIN CRAZY DANCIN TO MY SONG!... IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME? SOMEONE PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME i could be wrong i'm only 20.. i have alot to live and learn.. cwm34.gifcwm34.gifcwm34.gif

------------------

~LiPz~

aim:LikmyLipz

"A good man is hard to find, A hard man is Good to find"
/>http://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html

splash.gif

Money may not buy happiness, but it buys a damn good time trying.

Spoken as someone who has seen rich, poor, and everything in between in 23 years.

------------------

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

What happens is you have all these materialistic things around you that you shouldn't be enjoying them because of what you always believed, then finally you say to yourself, wait- I AM worth these things (you might even justify that you've waited so long without these things that maybe you should try them.

THEN you like them. THEN you say "I derserve them...

Then you come to expect them.

------------------

Use email DJmikeDR@aol.com

PM way too slow!

I don't think money buys you happiness. My dad won the lottery 4 years ago. I don't think that effected my overall happiness at all. Like, yeah we maybe live in a nicer house, but I don't think my dad is much happier either. Just a few years ago he got diagnosed with diabetes. And I could tell that he's not as happy as he used to be. I think money can make your financial status more comfy, but it doesn't make your life happier.

------------------

Did you find your ecstacy???

E-mail: PrimeKMB2@aol.com

AIM: PrimeKMB2

i'm constantly being put down because i like my life simple.. this convo started because i said it would be cool to be the cigg girl in twilo, becasue i would be able to meet alot of cool intreasting people.....(never once said i wanted to make it my career)

(names have been changed because i'm trying to be nice, and i'm kinda afraid of this dude..)

Boy2k: yeah u keep thinking that.. keep tryin to fool urself.. ur not hurtin me.. i have a future

LikmyLipz: i'm not trying to fool myself

Boy2k: you shou;d plan on ur future moron

LikmyLipz: my future is planed

Boy2k: yeah i can see its heading there well

LikmyLipz: just because i dont share it with narrow minded people like you.. dont mean i dont have one planed

Boy2k: lol keep foolin yourself

LikmyLipz: i'm not..

LikmyLipz: dan

Boy2k: then dont talk to me plz.. bye

LikmyLipz: wake up and smell the coffee

LikmyLipz: like your any better spending all your money on liquor when you could have a car and your own place to live?

Boy2k: why do i have to wake up sheesh.. im 23 and make(well not right now)was making over 30 dollars an hour

Boy2k: why do i need a car..lol

LikmyLipz: YEAH NOT RIGHT NOW

LikmyLipz: YOU LIVE IN EAST BUMFUK

Boy2k: yeah but im making 70 dollars an hour freelance now

Boy2k: shut up..ur a herb

Boy2k: go back to friendly's and leave me alon

LikmyLipz: DAN KEEP DRINKING AWAY YOUR PAYCHECKS

Boy2k: nah it was more like spending 200 on a tshirt

LikmyLipz: IF YOUR REAL LUCKY YOU WILL BE DEAD B4 YOU HAVE TO EVER RASE KIDS..

Boy2k: yeah im stupid for that i admit

LikmyLipz: BECASUE GOD HELP THEM CHILDREN

Boy2k: are u tryin to hurt my feelings cause its not gonna work

LikmyLipz: dan, take it and throw it away..

LikmyLipz: IM SUCH A HORRABLE PERSON BECASUE IM 20 AND WANT TO HAVE FUN

Boy2k: mmmhhhmmm

Boy2k: life is different then it was

LikmyLipz: SO DONT GO THERE

Boy2k: maybe ull find a nice guy to beat u too.. like those winners u date

LikmyLipz: LOL I DONT DATE!

LikmyLipz: I DONT LOOK FOR MEN

LikmyLipz: IM HAPPY SINGLE

Boy2k: plz stop i dont wanna be mean anymore

Boy2k: just stop

Boy2k: cause im sayin stuff i dont mean

Boy2k: stop plz

LikmyLipz: YOUR THE ONE, WHO HAS TO START OFF BEING NASTY

Boy2k: no i was being realistic

Boy2k: maybe im just to realistic for you

Boy2k: maybe im to mature

LikmyLipz: MAYBE YOU GOTTA UNBUTTON THE TOP BUTTON IN UR SHIRT

Boy2k: nah.. i just always look to the future.. its easy to get ur foot in the door when ur younger.. especially if you wnat to be a singer

LikmyLipz: i'm alot more worried about personal happiness then what the media screams out is expected from todays youth..

Boy2k: god i fight with you like i fight with my brothers

Boy2k: its just like the "YOUTH" to say something like that.. would you rather pay rent to someone or someone topay rent to you.. ??

LikmyLipz: thats just it

LikmyLipz: money dont bring me the happiness that it brings you

LikmyLipz: i wouldnt care if i'm paying rent or someones paying me. and long as i'm healthy and my family friends and everyone close to me is healthy

LikmyLipz: you can always make the best out of whatever, if you try hard enough

Boy2k: well if you had it once.. it doesnt ring you happiness.. but the things you can do with it..like go to europe and stuff

Boy2k: why are u settling for less when u can have so much more

LikmyLipz: i'm not settling

Boy2k: im sorry i cant talk to you anymore.. its like watchin a train wreck over and over again.. u can have happiness. and i will live happiness comfortably

LikmyLipz: but if someting makes you happy. why change it with the possablity of losing happiness

Boy2k: fuck it this conversation is obviously not helpin any so lets end it

LikmyLipz: IT IS ENDED, YOUR THE ONE WHO THINKS THE IDEAL LIFE IS WHAT YOUR LIVING AND WHAT YOU HAVE..

LikmyLipz: FOR YOU IT IS

LikmyLipz: FOR ME ITS NOT

Boy2k: ok well to each is own.. you'll see in a couple years

LikmyLipz: No because, i wont remember you in a couple of years

Boy2k: ouch...im soo hurt

LikmyLipz: i'm not saying that trying to hurt anyone, i'm just being honest.. gimmie one good reason, why i should remember who you are in a couple of years

LikmyLipz: its NOT LIKE YOUR INSPIRING ME OR ANYTHING

LikmyLipz: YOU CONSTANTLY PUT DOWN EVERYTHING I SAY OR DO

I think i should just move out of the country and live on some hillside in ireland? anyone care to join me?

------------------

~LiPz~

splash.gif

I've seen poor people flourish...I've seen the rich crumble. Everyone has problems. The poor perhaps can't pay the phone bill. The rich get the Jaguar confiscated for being pulled over with an ounce of cocaine on the seat.

Me? I prefer to be intelligent. When you're intelligent you get what you want whether you're poor or rich. If you're intelligent, you will find a way to pay that phone bill. If you're intelligent, you wouldn't be driving your Jag all coked up.

Then again, everything's got a price tag---I can be bought! I vote for Rich!!!!!

------------------

Peace,Love & Hairgrease,

Rich Suede

mylight.gif

[This message has been edited by suedenyc (edited 12-28-2000).]

hehehe i'm happy and poor, but i'm smart enuff to find the money to make it to SASHA AND DIGWEED!

XOXOXO MWWWWWAH

------------------

~LiPz~

splash.gif

You make due and create your own lifestyle around what you have. My goal is to just be comfortable and live well. Of course it would be nice to have more money and buy better things for myself but I'm happy being middle-class in America. I mean I'd love to drive around a Lexus but I'm content with my Mazda. cwm9.gif

------------------

Bloodbar.gif

Just in case...

brianz54@hotmail.com

do you ever think that you're not materialistic because you already have pretty much everything you want? sure, you'd rather have a bigger apartment, or more designer clothes in your closet, but pretty much, you can buy or do whatever you really want. i'm not saying, think about third-world kids starving, because i'm not the world's most socially responsible person myself. but do consider that if you couldn't afford luxury and entertainment, you'd be a lot less happy if you knew what you were missing. consider also: maybe, just maybe (but you don't know), you'd be infinitely happier with 100x your current wealth

for myself, i'm going to get excessive wealth so i can then decide whether or not i want it. besides, my happiness comes from attaining those things i desire

------------------

FOR SALE: ROOMMATE. CHEAP

No matter what, money is an important aspect of anyone's life. How important depends on the indivual.I got alot of pleasure by getting a brand new car, but did it actually make me a happier person?Not really, or maybe just for a little while. You seem to me to have great values, but it isn't evil to make a living. If we all didn't have atleast a little bit of selfishness we cannot meet the requirements of a suffient living conditions.The people who value money the most may be the ones who make the most, but they will also be the ones most crushed by losing it.