Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pictures of the Miami Heat Parade

patois

When I got to the parade route at about 2:30, I was walking up to Biscayne Blvd. by Bayfront Park and a lot of people were walking away. I thought that might mean the parade had moved on...but I figured I would keep walking until I saw people ahead of me turning back. Well, I had incredible luck...I kept walking up until it didn't seem I could walk any further (which wasn't very close to the parade) but then they moved one of the barricades and tons of people (including me) poured through. We were some of the people that got to be in the parade! It was awesome, being able to be inches away from the players and the trophy. The cute little kids were cooling us down with super soakers from the truck, which was very nice in the sweltering weather. We walked alongside the a truck of players and their families and the trophy car until we got to the intersection in front of the AAA at which point the police pushed us back. Except for the cops, who seemed stressed more than anything else, everyone was having a great time and the players were just as overjoyed as everyone else in the crowd.

Pictures

Thanks Bling :) I just added a couple more pics...#2, #7 and #20. I also have a few more pics that came out a little blurry. I forgot to bring my digital camera so I picked up a disposable camera downtown. I'll post those if people want to see them. I like your pics too Bling....the rally looks like it was awesome. After I had been in the parade I just felt like, for me, nothing could top that and I'd seen what I came to see (however unexpected!). So I got back on the Metrorail and went back to the 79th Street station. Unlike what I had thought, I did not have an original idea in parking there...when I got there at about 12:30 I found out practically everyone and their brother had the same idea too :P

If you know who the players are in these pictures...please spread your knowledge :) I do not follow sports that closely but I am incredibly proud of the Heat...may they repeat!