Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Critique

This is a painting I’m working on. The details of the face will go on in the end… what more should I do? Add another dog? It seems too plain for me. Critique it all you want, rip it up if you have to...Thanks!

Image0461.jpg

It seems a little too straight forward, like ppl wanna figure stuff out for themselvs. you r showing them everything and telling them all. most of the works comin out of my school (Pratt) make the viewer think and try to undestand the subject. its like a small psychological reward for the viewer when they later see or understand something they initailly didnt see. i guess thats why abstract is a really popular contemporary style. i dont do fine arts, im a designer (cars & electronics) so i dont really know a lot about fine arts but this is what im seeing from my fellow students and their trends. i do like the colors chosen. hope this helped.

...don't detail her face....then people will see it and say .....'the artist left off the details the womans face to signify how she feels like she has no identity in today's world...she is sad and lost among the tons of people surrounding her everyday life".....and then u can laugh cause your art came from people's messageboard opinions and not your soul....

Please take another shot of your painting in a different setting.

agreed...

but what is the significance of the timberwolf??? it reminds me of those white trash shirts with the glitter... those iced out wolves:

LiamWolfShirtBack.jpg

wolfspmnmt.jpg

what cristal is to rappers = these shirts are to white trash.

agreed...

but what is the significance of the timberwolf??? it reminds me of those white trash shirts with the glitter... those iced out wolves:

....what cristal is to rappers = these shirts are to white trash.

its a husky and that is my dog, she pasted away. the bird is me, 'cause that is what people call me "bird", and the woman is my grandma, 'cause she had a beautiful yellow dress and she always looked so nice in yellow. i wanted to put my cat, but she is all black and i think it would be too dark. but kaydup is right, there is too much weight on one side... the idea that it's all sonw is because they are "dead", (like plants in the winter) although still alive under the snow, just sleeping, till spring.

...don't detail her face....then people will see it and say .....'the artist left off the details the womans face to signify how she feels like she has no identity in today's world...she is sad and lost among the tons of people surrounding her everyday life".....and then u can laugh cause your art came from people's messageboard opinions and not your soul....

you seem uptight a lot, is your man not pleasing you enough?

u seem oblivious to tone and sarcasm...are u retarded?

There is no sarcasm, it just seems like you are a very uptight person. Though, one may translate your negative opinions as being original and going against the “norm”. I see it as you are a very negative person who likes to portray a “tough-girl” attitude when it looks like a teenage angst you never got over. While I am not saying that you can’t have negative opinions, its just that all of your opinions seem to carry the same negative rebellious flare, which can only mean to me, that you can’t think for yourself, and although I would never use the same word “retarded” as you did for me, being that I have a close family member who has down syndrome, I will call you a dim-witted cunt who can’t think for herself, and who stuck in a rebellious teenage philosophy of way “thinking”... and needs a really really good fuck.

IMO you should have stuck to one animal

or paint the dog on the far left of the painting, looking up to the hawk, maybe showing some teeth (maybe even with a little blood en em) so you dont really know if he is gonna attack the hawk you hold in your hand. which could then be a good metapher again

there is no tension in that picture, it is too nice and easy on the eyes, the dog is too close to the girl. the painting looks overcrowded, it doesnt make you think it looks like you just wanted to put all these things in the picture without any real meaning or motivation behind it.

IMO you should have stuck to one animal

or paint the dog on the far left of the painting, looking up to the hawk, maybe showing some teeth (maybe even with a little blood en em) so you dont really know if he is gonna attack the hawk you hold in your hand. which could then be a good metapher again

there is no tension in that picture, it is too nice and easy on the eyes, the dog is too close to the girl. the painting looks overcrowded, it doesnt make you think it looks like you just wanted to put all these things in the picture without any real meaning or motivation behind it.

wow thank you!.... now what can i do fix this?

There is no sarcasm, it just seems like you are a very uptight person. Though, one may translate your negative opinions as being original and going against the “normâ€. I see it as you are a very negative person who likes to portray a “tough-girl†attitude when it looks like a teenage angst you never got over. While I am not saying that you can’t have negative opinions, its just that all of your opinions seem to carry the same negative rebellious flare, which can only mean to me, that you can’t think for yourself, and although I would never use the same word “retarded†as you did for me, being that I have a close family member who has down syndrome, I will call you a dim-witted cunt who can’t think for herself, and who stuck in a rebellious teenage philosophy of way “thinkingâ€... and needs a really really good fuck.

hmmmmmmm i dunno.. i don't see misky as that way... but everyone's entitled to their opinion....

anyway, carry on girls...

She is EMO what do you expect

yeah, but emo people just smile at different things and laugh at different things then other people. if anything i would think emo people are more passionate about life because they expect a lot more out of life then the norm. i think this girl is just miserable, can’t think for anything beyond the surface, and can't form an opinion unless its a negative one. i guess being in the goth/ industrial scene so long ago i would see people like this at times... the best comparison would be a guido at a house/ tribal party.