Clubplanet Nightlife Community

foda sountain...

how come in the old days, the drugstore sold fountain soda??? why would kids go to hang out in the drugstore and drink "pop" ???
'cause they had ice cream sodas, shakes, egg creams, malts, and crap like that.

..it was like going to 7-11 or quick check to get candy and slurpees...
nope. the drugstore was where the kids hung out at the counter, like at a diner, and ate banana splits, sundaes, etc. there's even one in my town that's been there since 18something.

word? like a general store joint~!?
no. soda fountains were different. they were at drugstores, some of which later evolved into 5 and dime type places like woolworth's. the menus also expanded later on. do you remember woolworth's and lamston's, dg?

...what is woolworths?....we actuall had a 5 and dime in town.....i meant it was like going there in the respect of hanging out....like when i was younger we would go hang out outside the krausers when skating and sit and drink slushees and shit......not so much it was the same type store...

no. soda fountains were different. they were at drugstores, some of which later evolved into 5 and dime type places like woolworth's. the menus also expanded later on. do you remember woolworth's and lamston's, dg?

hell yeah i remember woolworth... Z (ticker symbol) i used to trade this fucker... venator! but sadly they split off from foot locker and decided to kill it off... oh well...

is woolworth building still the woolworth building>?

woolworth.jpg

i was looking for pics on the 'net, and most were way before our time, many of sit-ins... but i used to go there when i was younger for things like socks and needles and thread, and my family used to get our portraits taken there. they still had a lunch counter and soda fountain when i was really little, but not later on. here's what i could find, the last one being an actual sign from the woolworth's counter:

Rc03283.jpg

blake-1.jpg

woolworth.gif

sec3_counter.jpg

CB63.jpg

that's right by mine and dgmodel's house...i was going to get a job there when i was younger but they wanted me to work all these crazy weekend night hours

they just finished filming a scene there with Amanda Pete and Zack Braff

Lucky fuck that place is hot...i used to always go that movie theatre there right on the opposite corner...

what is like that trendy place that opened up up the block... bar? restaurant? it looks pretty modern and i see people kinda dressed up goin in (on the same side with eddie's)