Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Congrats Italy!!!!!!

go Italia

but I do wonder what that player could have said to Zidane to set him off like that?

The Paris-based anti-racism advocacy group SOS-Racism issued a statement Monday quoting "several very well informed sources from the world of football" as saying Materazzi called Zidane a "dirty terrorist." It demanded that FIFA, soccer's world governing body, investigate and take any appropriate action.

FIFA, which reviews all red cards at the World Cup, would not comment on the specifics.

"This is a disciplinary matter now. I can't give any statements now," FIFA spokesman Markus Siegler said.

Materazzi, meanwhile, was quoted as denying the terrorist comment.

"It is absolutely not true, I didn't call him a terrorist, I don't know anything about that," the Italian news agency ANSA quoted Materazzi as saying when he arrived with his team at an Italian military airfield.

"What happened is what all the world saw live on TV," the Italian player said, referring to the head-butting.

Zidane's agent, Alain Migliaccio, was quoted by the BBC as saying the France captain told him the Italian "said something very serious to him, but he wouldn't tell me what."

The Paris-based anti-racism advocacy group SOS-Racism issued a statement Monday quoting "several very well informed sources from the world of football" as saying Materazzi called Zidane a "dirty terrorist." It demanded that FIFA, soccer's world governing body, investigate and take any appropriate action.

FIFA, which reviews all red cards at the World Cup, would not comment on the specifics.

"This is a disciplinary matter now. I can't give any statements now," FIFA spokesman Markus Siegler said.

Materazzi, meanwhile, was quoted as denying the terrorist comment.

"It is absolutely not true, I didn't call him a terrorist, I don't know anything about that," the Italian news agency ANSA quoted Materazzi as saying when he arrived with his team at an Italian military airfield.

"What happened is what all the world saw live on TV," the Italian player said, referring to the head-butting.

Zidane's agent, Alain Migliaccio, was quoted by the BBC as saying the France captain told him the Italian "said something very serious to him, but he wouldn't tell me what."

Dirty terrorist?

please.. I kinda figured he told Zidane his mom give him herpes or something...

Dirty terrorist?

please.. I kinda figured he told Zidane his mom give him herpes or something...

Zizou might be becoming as paranoid as Henry. After the Aragones incident, Henry began to accuse every single white defender he played against of using racial slurs.

go Italia

but I do wonder what that player could have said to Zidane to set him off like that?

Early through the game I called my friend and said "this idiot Zidane keeps on falling non stop trying to call penalties that he aint getting. It would be nice if he got up and friggen played a gd dmn game."

And then his mis attempt goal later on ... you could see him staging the assist a mile away lol and then when he missed his facial reaction was like "omg, that was so perfect. Im so wonderful. I set that up so well". He really needs to replay his performance - it was average at best even before he was told to go home and count his money.

i dont know why i keep finding these funny

watch?v=lpcREMropJI&feature=Views&page=1&t=t&f=b

this thing will never die as FIFA now investigating materazzi and what he said

ZURICH, Switzerland - FIFA said Thursday it opened disciplinary proceedings against Marco Materazzi for his conduct in Italy's victory in the World Cup final.

World soccer's governing body said it opened the investigation because of statements by France's Zinedine Zidane, who was sent off Sunday for head-butting Materazzi in the chest.

Zidane claimed he was provoked by insults from Materazzi, an Italian defender.

FIFA said it also summoned both players to attend a hearing of its disciplinary committee July 20. A decision is expected later that day.

FIFA declined to comment on possible punishments.

Zidane said in an interview with TF1 television Wednesday that his actions were in response to repeated harsh insults from Materazzi about his mother and sister, but did not go into specifics.

"The proceedings were initiated in the light of initial statements from French player Zinedine Zidane who ... has since indicated in an interview that his actions came in response to repeated provocation," FIFA said in a release.

Zidane has the right to make a written statement, which must be submitted by Tuesday. Materazzi then will be given a copy of the statement so he can respond.

Italy won Sunday's final 5-3 on penalties after the two teams were level at 1-1 after extra time.

Zidane _ France's regular penalty taker _ was sent off with 10 minutes of extra time remaining.

The two players exchanged words after Italy broke up a French attack. Zidane then lowered his head and rammed Materazzi in the chest, knocking him to the ground.

Materazzi insists he never insulted Zidane's mother. Materazzi also said Zidane deserves to keep his Golden Ball award, given to the best player at the World Cup, despite his actions in Sunday's final.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter had suggested that the 34-year-old French captain could be stripped of the title.

"He won it for what he did on the pitch," Materazzi told the Gazzetta dello Sport. "He was the best."

A service of the Associated Press(AP)