Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wake Up New York!! (part 2) Exacta Killed It Again!!!!

I am gleaming with joy to share this post with everyone!! I ranted and raved on the last one about supporting djs and our need to help bring new New York superstar DJ's to the forefront of music. I really know now I was right when I mentioned Exacta.

I normally don't go out for the Asseteria party, but when my friend called me and told me Exacta was spinning; I decided to be more than talk and get my ass out there and support the guy who I was backing so fiercly on this board.

Once again this guy out did himself. I got there at 12:00 and this kid was killing it. I want to say he was playing dirty sexy house all night but to be honest he kept switching it up with the most seamless mixes of Sexy, hard, and tribal house. I watched this guy control the crowd and they were feeling his every mix. Every track was perfectly placed after another. At about 3:00 when he got off I could tell the difference immediately it wasn't that the music or DJ was bad, I just felt a complete difference in the vibe.

I recently watched the documentary Maestro and it seemed again and again the interviewees kept saying the best dj's tell a story through their sets. I CAN CONFIDENTLY SAY EXACTA TOLD HIS STORY. If you had any doubts or have never heard him spin I am telling you, you are missing out on the next biggest thing to come out of New York. Make room on the mantle because this kid is eventually going to be on the shelf with the NYC DJ gods.

Much Respec and Lov for all,

And thank you Exacta!! You reminded why I truly love this lifestyle and why I listen and live house music!!

I heard!!!! People told me Exacta fuckin killed it. He was sick at Pacha, and Shows up yet again! This guy is a young hungry talented kid. Watch out, that is a dangerous combination right there. Not to mention he can produce as well. Pride was a Bomb, and Set me free, is fuckin bananas. This guy is gonna be the next Roger Sanchez. Thats right people!!! I know thats some Big Shoes. Trust me go see this guy, and you will agree.

I think late 20s

huh so probably about the same age as me. Wow do i feel like a total fucking loser now............lol

Where did this guy pop out of though??? I mean just recently as of the past 5 monthes ive been getting back into the club scene. I walked away from it 4-5 years ago. So theres alot of new producers and djs i havent herd of. Was this guy doing small rooms at clubs?? or raves or anything as he was comming up??? Or was he just a bedroom dj who produced some good tracks, then signed up with a record label and then the gigs and well pussy started comming along?

Exacta has been spinning in NYC for at least 5 years now...

but for many of those years was a hip hop/mashup type dj playing many of the trendy parties.

He always struck me as a very talented dj...and mixed up some great music that sounded amazing.

A few years ago he started spinning house and started producing. I believe it was his first track out that was signed to Subliminal and hes had the house bug ever since.

I def see him going places...making moves all over right now.

He is def part of the new school of house dj/producers in NYC right now that will be making a worldwide presence.

his track 'flippin' was the bomb circa 2004 that i heard on juniors radio & in his sets at that time.

he also opened for junior once at spirit & it was a strong set. as i recall he played a remix of boston's more than a feeling that was massive. i want that record

hopefully he'll get more bookings in nyc this year - i will def give him a look again

his track 'flippin' was the bomb circa 2004 that i heard on juniors radio & in his sets at that time.

he also opened for junior once at spirit & it was a strong set. as i recall he played a remix of boston's more than a feeling that was massive. i want that record

hopefully he'll get more bookings in nyc this year - i will def give him a look again

that flippin track is so fucking smooth!!!

theres alot of local talent people are sleeping on. As for telling a story with music i hope you know it was with songs with words and not just boom boom boom.

Exacta i hear great things about, some local guys ya should really check out are DOWN DEEP, DEEPSPELL, URBAN RELIEF PROJECT, KEITH BLACKSTONE, LOLA, and on a bigger level TEDD PATTERSON, HECTOR ROMERO.

I see some things happening in the next few months hehe.

theres alot of local talent people are sleeping on. As for telling a story with music i hope you know it was with songs with words and not just boom boom boom.

Exacta i hear great things about, some local guys ya should really check out are DOWN DEEP, DEEPSPELL, URBAN RELIEF PROJECT, KEITH BLACKSTONE, LOLA, and on a bigger level TEDD PATTERSON, HECTOR ROMERO.

I see some things happening in the next few months hehe.

Trust me bull this kid is not about boom boom boom. I would never have talked so wildly about any DJ who did that. As for some of the names that you mentioned I have heard Deepspell, Keith Blackstone, Ted Patterson and Hector Romero.

And I am telling you they are all great but this kid Exacta has got it. I dont even know if I can put my finger on it but I am telling you he is gonna be the biggest thing to come out of NYC in a long time.

Do me a favor, the next time he spins check him out and tell me what you think. I am sure you will get bitten by the same bug that got me.

Much respec and admiration, and as always keep doing your thing

Trust me bull this kid is not about boom boom boom. I would never have talked so wildly about any DJ who did that. As for some of the names that you mentioned I have heard Deepspell, Keith Blackstone, Ted Patterson and Hector Romero.

And I am telling you they are all great but this kid Exacta has got it. I dont even know if I can put my finger on it but I am telling you he is gonna be the biggest thing to come out of NYC in a long time.

Do me a favor, the next time he spins check him out and tell me what you think. I am sure you will get bitten by the same bug that got me.

do you know if he has a mix CD out or in the works??? Cuz lets be honest everything sounds good on a banging sound system.

Guest onisakura
do you know if he has a mix CD out or in the works??? Cuz lets be honest everything sounds good on a banging sound system.

Not true, the majority of DJs do not spin the same style on a CD that they would in a club setting. I've always been of the opinion that you can't judge a DJ by their CD. There have been many instances where i have been disappointed......CDs are mastered, reworked etc. To DJ live, know the drowd, respond is a totally different beast. And in other cases, there are DJs that are my favorite (James Zabiela) that i dont really listen to at home, he's a DJ MUCH better appreciated in a club.

Agreed, those Djs are good, and all have massive upside, but none of them are on the level of Exacta yet. No where near it yet.

The tracks he plays are major Exculsive. Majority of the public couldnt get them if they paid a lot of money. Thats one of the reasons he is so good. Plays ridiculous bombs not many others have.

i wasnt talkin bout exacta and non story telling boom boom boom. I happen to know he doesnt play like that. Very nice guy and talented dj. What i meant was sometimes people throw out that comment Ætelling a story with the music without even knowing when itwas done in the old days it was with songs with actual words and meanings. Aug is def gonna be in intereting month.

i wasnt talkin bout exacta and non story telling boom boom boom. I happen to know he doesnt play like that. Very nice guy and talented dj. What i meant was sometimes people throw out that comment Ætelling a story with the music without even knowing when itwas done in the old days it was with songs with actual words and meanings. Aug is def gonna be in intereting month.

Bull in the first post you mentioned about it going to be an interesting few months and this one you mention aug. specifically. Ya holding out on any good info for us.

Lets talk about another Talent who used to run Centro Fly. Pete Tong said he is one of the best young DJs out there. The man is working hard in the studio, and puttin together killer sets, all over Europe. His style is very similar to Roger Sanchez, or Morillo. But with his own edge to it. His new productions which you guys should be seeing soon, are massive. Great Vocals, High Energy dirty sexy house music. Anyone have any idea who im talkin about.

Carl Kennedy.

Check out his new remix of Led Zeppelin - Baby im gonna leave ya. Its everywhere, and gettin some play. His other Originals, Just a feeling, Dont give up, and High energy will be out sometime in the near futur, take my word for it. THERE BOMBS. Be on the look out.