Clubplanet Nightlife Community

we already covered the great mexican restaurants, but what about the rest?

weyes

we talked about the great l.a. mexican restaurants a long while back:

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/los-angeles/156981-anyone-know-good-pretty-cheap-mexican-rest-la.html?highlight=mexican

and el cholo was so good that i've taken my out-of-town guests there a few times :drool: .

but what about other kinds of food? and now that i live in OC, can anyone recommend any good restaurants down here? i got some amazing :aright: take out sushi at a place in huntington beach called matsu, but i didn't eat there, so i can't speak as to the ambience or anything.

help!!! my mom's coming tonight to stay for a bit under a week!!!

we talked about the great l.a. mexican restaurants a long while back:

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/los-angeles/156981-anyone-know-good-pretty-cheap-mexican-rest-la.html?highlight=mexican

and el cholo was so good that i've taken my out-of-town guests there a few times :drool: .

but what about other kinds of food? and now that i live in OC, can anyone recommend any good restaurants down here? i got some amazing :aright: take out sushi at a place in huntington beach called matsu, but i didn't eat there, so i can't speak as to the ambience or anything.

help!!! my mom's coming tonight to stay for a bit under a week!!!

opentable.com to start, and they send you to reviews on other sites.

come on, now, late! don't cop out on me :nono: ! i want some personal recommendations from fellow cpers!

I know nothing about about OC dining. But opentable is a great site, because it links you ever to review sites where people, not just editors, on these other sites give you the ditty on the spot.

Okay, here are my pics:

Octopus sushi in Burbank. Nothing fancy, but Amazing quality for the price.

Paru's vegetarian indian in hollywood: Don't let the neighborhood bother you, I've lived near by for 3 years no problem and they have a neat little fenced in garden/patio.

Nepalian in pasadena: Tibetan food rocks. It is under new managment and I don't love the food as much as i used to but it is still good eats.

The counter in SanMon: I used to work across the street from this place and I have been going there since day one. Build your own gourmet burger. My favorites are either a bacon burger with gruyer, bbq and grilled peppers or the turkey burger with cranberries, pineaple and apricot sauce. Get the onion rings.

Eat a pita in hollwood: good chicken kabob, 'nuff said.

Skooby's hotdog's, Molly's burgers and the juice fountain and Lala's argentinian in hollywood.

Mashti Malone's rose petal ice cream

Having trouble remmembering all my favorite places, I don't go out to eat much anymore.

Eat a pita in hollwood: good chicken kabob, 'nuff said.

..and Lala's argentinian in hollywood...

i've been to eat-a-pita, and we had a classic sparsely-attended cp meetup at lala's once.

thanks SO much for those recommendations! i'll have to try them sometime.

huh? when and why did you move to the OC! you're on the OTHER team now...dont talk to me

lol j/k...but now you must hardly ever go up to hollywood, no??

i moved down here in '04, silly! yes, it's changed my life dramatically. i wasn't going out all that much then, though, 'cause i was making barely enough money to get by. it didn't even matter that i lived in la 'cause i couldn't afford to take advantage of it. i decided to move in with my best friend and escape my insane roommate, even though it meant i had to move to orange county. it does mean that we're less likely to go out, though :( .

but i'm going to giant village :party: !!!