Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What happened last night at Crobar?

(Chelsea-WABC, July 14, 2006) - Two women were shot by the same bullet after a man pulled out a gun and opened fire inside the Chelsea nightclub Crobar.

Police say the women, ages 35 and 39, were at the bar at the West 28th Street club just before 10:30 p.m. when they heard a loud noise. But they didn't realize they were hit until they went to a second-floor coat room and saw they were struck.

Both were rushed to St. Vincent's Hospital.

Eyewitness New has learned the 39-year-old was shot in the left calf. That bullet then struck the 35-year-old in the right leg, lodging into her.

The bullet was recovered at the hospital, where they are in stable condition.

The gunman fled the scene, apparently undetected. Authorities believe people heard the noise but did not realize there was a shooting because of the loud music.

The club was briefly closed but since reopened.

(Chelsea-WABC, July 14, 2006) - Two women were shot by the same bullet after a man pulled out a gun and opened fire inside the Chelsea nightclub Crobar.

Police say the women, ages 35 and 39, were at the bar at the West 28th Street club just before 10:30 p.m. when they heard a loud noise. But they didn't realize they were hit until they went to a second-floor coat room and saw they were struck.

Both were rushed to St. Vincent's Hospital.

Eyewitness New has learned the 39-year-old was shot in the left calf. That bullet then struck the 35-year-old in the right leg, lodging into her.

The bullet was recovered at the hospital, where they are in stable condition.

The gunman fled the scene, apparently undetected. Authorities believe people heard the noise but did not realize there was a shooting because of the loud music.

The club was briefly closed but since reopened.

oooooo damn! thanx for posting that ........

was this a happy hour thing going on i wonder? why didn't the women notice the bullet had hit them right away? hmmm....

I think so. Thursday's parties are usually after-work. I believe the music was so loud, noone heard it..

Dont know why they didnt feel it..

maybe they were really wasted and it happened so fast.....how the hell did that gun get into the club too? scary.

maybe they were really wasted and it happened so fast.....how the hell did that gun get into the club too? scary.

how did a gun get in the club?....simple, no searches going on in that place anyways, even on a regular night so people don't even need to hide their drugs and wallah! instant long hours for afterhours!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how did a gun get in the club?....simple, no searches going on in that place anyways, even on a regular night so people don't even need to hide their drugs and wallah! instant long hours for afterhours!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well everytime i go i get searched. But it doesnt help the club out or make me feel safer when half those guys havent passed the 3rd grade. I believe we have the same type of people checking our baggage at our airports. Which is a matter of time when something bad will happen there again as well.

oooooo damn! thanx for posting that ........

was this a happy hour thing going on i wonder? why didn't the women notice the bullet had hit them right away? hmmm....

You dont always notice everything when something like that happens, it is not until you see blood when you feel it... At least that is what happened to me the times I got shot

I wonder what the fuck those girls were on not to feel it.....

I dunno man - a gunshot is a gunshot... plus it hit the calf and the leg - how could you walk up the stairs w/o feeling it? something fishy about this report...

lol, dont start with that, you'll start another riot on this board, lol

Well, everyone else is thinking it. I might as well say it...

Or maybe the bitches were drinking Cristal, and the dude remembered how Jay Z wanted that shit to be boycott, so he shot the hos. :funny:

Well, everyone else is thinking it. I might as well say it...

Or maybe the bitches were drinking Cristal, and the dude remembered how Jay Z wanted that shit to be boycott, so he shot the hos. :funny:

true....this time i thought it and didnt say it, lol. But lets fucking face it, your right! Every club that hosts hip hop parties goes down the shitter. Club Speed and Exit are perfect examples, which club is next???

I dunno man - a gunshot is a gunshot... plus it hit the calf and the leg - how could you walk up the stairs w/o feeling it? something fishy about this report...

that's what I was thinking...I've heard of getting shot feeling like you just got punched, but it seems like you would feel something (like blood dripping down your leg) walking up those steps. It sounds like shoddy reporting to me, I'm sure more will come out.