Clubplanet Nightlife Community

mets fans

jtk4

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you are up by 11.5 games but does it make you nervous to see the braves in second place?

ahaha good point. seems like there mighty be more to the pedro ordeal than the mets are letting on. he was terrible in his last 2 starts before going on the dl, and without him that rotation is terrible. it would be very tough for the braves to come all the way back but not impossible. that would be very interesting to see, every game the braves gain on the mets, the more the met fans will be sweating. seems like no one is going to run away with their division this year (except for maybe the mets) going to make for a very interesting september!

ahaha good point. seems like there mighty be more to the pedro ordeal than the mets are letting on. he was terrible in his last 2 starts before going on the dl, and without him that rotation is terrible. it would be very tough for the braves to come all the way back but not impossible. that would be very interesting to see, every game the braves gain on the mets, the more the met fans will be sweating. seems like no one is going to run away with their division this year (except for maybe the mets) going to make for a very interesting september!
i think you guys should be sweating more between boston and also toronto creeping up your ass (this 4 game series is very important)..cant forget about chicago or detroit taking the wild card..

in any regards, id rather be in our position than yours

i think you guys should be sweating more between boston and also toronto creeping up your ass (this 4 game series is very important)..cant forget about chicago or detroit taking the wild card..

in any regards, id rather be in our position than yours

its funny how you claim to be a fan of both teams but then you take sides and talk the yanks down...

its funny how you claim to be a fan of both teams but then you take sides and talk the yanks down...
how am i talking the yanks down?

i just said id rather be in the mets position (11.5 games in first place in a weaker division) than the yanks (fighting with another good team over first place with a third good name not trailing far behind + an excellent team favored to win wild card)

so which position would you be in?

:rolleyes:

i am a yankee fan ONLY!!!!!!!!!!! i pray daily that the mets plane goes down all the time...

and you are always so quick to put down a yankee fan...your comment about how you are happy to be in the position your in now and not where the yanks are in only shows that because if your a yankee fan then you wouldnt have said it like that...

i am a yankee fan ONLY!!!!!!!!!!! i pray daily that the mets plane goes down all the time...

and you are always so quick to put down a yankee fan...your comment about how you are happy to be in the position your in now and not where the yanks are in only shows that because if your a yankee fan then you wouldnt have said it like that...

what are you talking about?

not disputing which team is better...

the mets are in a better position than the yankees.. how can you dispute that?

how am i talking the yanks down?

i just said id rather be in the mets position (11.5 games in first place in a weaker division) than the yanks (fighting with another good team over first place with a third good name not trailing far behind + an excellent team favored to win wild card)

so which position would you be in?

:rolleyes:

It's almost fruitless though... If you're fortunate enough to make it to the series you're going to get murdered no matter who you play.... Your league is bascially AAAA

It's almost fruitless though... If you're fortunate enough to make it to the series you're going to get murdered no matter who you play.... Your league is bascially AAAA
well we tied you 3-3, so what does that say about the yankees?

regardless, you cant deny the mets are sitting in a prettier position than the yankees..

well we tied you 3-3, so what does that say about the yankees?

regardless, you cant deny the mets are sitting in a prettier position than the yankees..

You played us without 2 of our top run producers... That won't be the case if they meet in the series. With your pitching staff that is a huge problem...

I never said the Mets weren't in a prettier position, but even that is misleading. You probably won't play a meaningful game the rest of the season. It is very hard for teams to turn the intensity on and off when they need to. If anything you are in a much more dangerous postion as complacency can set in...

You played us without 2 of our top run producers... That won't be the case if they meet in the series. With your pitching staff that is a huge problem...

I never said the Mets weren't in a prettier position, but even that is misleading. You probably won't play a meaningful game the rest of the season. It is very hard for teams to turn the intensity on and off when they need to. If anything you are in a much more dangerous postion as complacency can set in...

2 of your top run producers? now we are talking hypothetically? well we would have swept you if we had scott kazmir :rolleyes:

ive never known you to be one that makes excuses for your team..bottom line is we tied 3 games a piece.. (i wonder what your excuse for the choke to the red sox was)

now all of a sudden its better to be fighting for first place than to be over 10 games above.. :laugh::laugh: this is a joke right?

and regarding complacency.. the mets are one of the last teams to ever get too comfortable..

and i never said that you denied being in a better position.. but please stay on the topic at hand..

due to the mets being in a better position, we can sweat a lil less than you

2 of your top run producers? now we are talking hypothetically? well we would have swept you if we had scott kazmir :rolleyes:

ive never known you to be one that makes excuses for your team..bottom line is we tied 3 games a piece.. (i wonder what your excuse for the choke to the red sox was)

Are you honestly gonna sit here and tell me that Matsui and Sheffield wouldn't have has any impact on the 6 games that were played and a pontential 7 game series in October?? That's just laughable... Where would you guys be if we took away Beltran and Delgado from your line-up?? Taking away 60 homers and 250 rbi's from any team is going to have an impact no matter who you are. You Kazmir comment is retarded. You guys traded him away and thats your fault because thats something the orginazation had control over. The Injuries are not an excuse, it's an outright fact. There is no excuse for the Red Sox series. They were the better team that year. Every game (with the exception of the last one) was an absolute dogfight.

now all of a sudden its better to be fighting for first place than to be over 10 games above.. :laugh::laugh: this is a joke right?

Ovbiously you lack reading comprehension skills. If you actually took the time to read and understand my last post, you would know that I said the Mets definitely are in a better postion than the Yankees. I just said that when teams have that large of a lead complacency can set in. The 1978 Red Sox are an example of that. Last year's White Sox team also blew a huge lead only to recover at the very end...

and regarding complacency.. the mets are one of the last teams to ever get too comfortable..

And what makes the Mets so special in this regard??

Are you honestly gonna sit here and tell me that Matsui and Sheffield wouldn't have has any impact on the 6 games that were played and a pontential 7 game series in October?? That's just laughable... Where would you guys be if we took away Beltran and Delgado from your line-up?? Taking away 60 homers and 250 rbi's from any team is going to have an impact no matter who you are. You Kazmir comment is retarded. You guys traded him away and thats your fault because thats something the orginazation had control over. The Injuries are not an excuse, it's an outright fact. There is no excuse for the Red Sox series. They were the better team that year. Every game (with the exception of the last one) was an absolute dogfight.
my kazmir remark was in response to your hypotheticals...yea it was dumb but so are hypothetical situations like the one you mentioned.. the MAIN FACT is that we tied 3 games a piece..for all we know, matsui and sheffield could have struck out on all their bats..
Ovbiously you lack reading comprehension skills. If you actually took the time to read and understand my last post, you would know that I said the Mets definitely are in a better postion than the Yankees. I just said that when teams have that large of a lead complacency can set in. The 1978 Red Sox are an example of that. Last year's White Sox team also blew a huge lead only to recover at the very end....

And what makes the Mats so special in this regard??

obviously i read and understood your post, but my point was you could have simply stated the mets were in a better position and let it go at that and not have responded with your mets fizzling in the world series comment to ignite this meaningless drama (meaningless in that regardless of what the facts are, you will spin it to make your team look better)..

and the mets are special cause they will try their hardest to avoid a late season downward spiral as they have been accustomed to lately.

every game the braves gain on the mets, the more the met fans will be sweating.

hate to break it to you but with the mets still winning the majority of their games the Braves haven't made too much ground on us just the wild card...I am not worried :)

although if I were the Braves with this current hot streak they should DEF go out and grab someone who could help them make that push for the wild card.

glad to see Yankee fans have nothing better to do then point out the fact that the Mets still have an 11 1/2 lead in the NL East :laugh:

maybe you guys should worry about what type of sun tan lotion your gold glove winning, MVP 3rd baseman uses while sunbathing in Central Park :laugh:

my kazmir remark was in response to your hypotheticals...yea it was dumb but so are hypothetical situations like the one you mentioned.. the MAIN FACT is that we tied 3 games a piece..for all we know, matsui and sheffield could have struck out on all their bats..

The point is that the Mets are a puesdo stong team in a very weak league. You tried to rebuff that by saying you went 3-3 against the Yankees (supposedly one of the "stronger" AL teams) All I'm doing is refuting that point because you played a diminished Yankee team. Your performance against the Sox makes this even more evident. Now having Sheff & Matsui back in a potential 7 games series in october combined with the the current state of your pitching staff would tilt things in the Yankees favor. (as in we get more offense back combined with your pitching not being as good as it was in the beginning of the season)

Just out of curiosity, what would you put the odds on Matsui and Sheff striking out every single at bat during those 6 games that we played??

obviously i read and understood your post, but my point was you could have simply stated the mets were in a better position and let it go at that and not have responded with your mets fizzling in the world series comment to ignite this meaningless drama (meaningless in that regardless of what the facts are, you will spin it to make your team look better)..

and the mets are special cause they will try their hardest to avoid a late season downward spiral as they have been accustomed to lately.

The point is that when you are up that many games complacency sets in. I don't care who you are. The Mets being "special" doesn't mean squat. Do you not think the Red Sox were not trying their hardest when they were up 14 in mid august in 1978?? Do you not think the White Sox were trying their hardest when they almost colapsed last year. Those teams hadn't won anything at that point since 1918 & 1916 respectively at that point. So they even had more to play for than the Mets do...

Riiiiiiiiiiiight cause you have an entire staff of Sandy Koufaxs pitching for

you guys...then again you did just aquire Sidney Ponson the recovering alcoholic so all your problems are solved :laugh:

The topic is the Mets. Please try to stay on topic...

The point is that the Mets are a puesdo stong team in a very weak league. You tried to rebuff that by saying you went 3-3 against the Yankees (supposedly one of the "stronger" AL teams) All I'm doing is refuting that point because you played a diminished Yankee team. Your performance against the Sox makes this even more evident. Now having Sheff & Matsui back in a potential 7 games series in october combined with the the current state of your pitching staff would tilt things in the Yankees favor. (as in we get more offense back combined with your pitching not being as good as it was in the beginning of the season)

Just out of curiosity, what would you put the odds on Matsui and Sheff striking out every single at bat during those 6 games that we played??

obviously the chances are very low, almost impossible but could happen..

but whats really pathetic is that you cant acknowledge the fact that we are tied 3 games a piece and just let it go at that.. last time i checked matsui and sheffield were not the yankees.. the yankees are a team - this includes bench players too (if youre "team" was that much better, your bench would have stepped up).. the simple simple fact is that the whole Mets team tied the whole Yankees team.. can we just drop this now?

The point is that when you are up that many games complacency sets in. I don't care who you are. The Mets being "special" doesn't mean squat. Do you not think the Red Sox were not trying their hardest when they were up 14 in mid august in 1978?? Do you not think the White Sox were trying their hardest when they almost colapsed last year. Those teams hadn't won anything at that point since 1918 & 1916 respectively at that point. So they even had more to play for than the Mets do...
this can be true.. but we'll wait to see how the season ends..

but regardless of "complacency" or any other way you try to negatively spin the mets 11.5 game lead -- id rather be in our shoes than yours right now

obviously the chances are very low, almost impossible but could happen..

but whats really pathetic is that you cant acknowledge the fact that we are tied 3 games a piece and just let it go at that.. last time i checked matsui and sheffield were not the yankees.. the yankees are a team - this includes bench players too (if youre "team" was that much better, your bench would have stepped up).. the simple simple fact is that the whole Mets team tied the diminished Yankees team.. can we just drop this now?

Better...

and dropped...

this can be true.. but we'll wait to see how the season ends..

but regardless of "complacency" or any other way you try to negatively spin the mets 11.5 game lead -- id rather be in our shoes than yours right now

This is absolutely true. Just don't go buying those WS tickets just yet...