Clubplanet Nightlife Community

mets fans

jtk4

if mets get Zito now (which they should make every effort to as they are a must win now team )and Pedro and galvine stay healthy they could then compete with any team in the AL inthe W.S as you would have 3 legit starters then

there are alot of "ifs" in your statement man. i highly doubt the mets will get zito or willis for the matter because the mets aint gonna give up milledge or pelfrey. i think they wud only do that for dontrelle since he so young, but after the kazmir debacle minaya will be hesistant to trade prospects again

just my 2 cents, i cud be wrong bro

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if mets get Zito now (which they should make every effort to as they are a must win now team )and Pedro and galvine stay healthy they could then compete with any team in the AL inthe W.S as you would have 3 legit starters then

They aren't getting Zito with the A's leading the west...

there are alot of "ifs" in your statement man. i highly doubt the mets will get zito or willis for the matter because the mets aint gonna give up milledge or pelfrey. i think they wud only do that for dontrelle since he so young, but after the kazmir debacle minaya will be hesistant to trade prospects again

just my 2 cents, i cud be wrong bro

yeer right they wont give up a stud arm again like pelfrey

but i think heilman milledge anyon else is available

THE mets are built for THIS YR glavine and pedro are their rotation

If I hear anymore about scheff and matsui I will kill myself. When Moose or johnson pitches the yankees starting nine makes like 80 million so its not like they do not have talented players in the lineup.To say "if you took beltran or delgado, or manny and ortiz, or whoever out of the lineup blablabla" is silly, because most teams do not have the 1-4 hitters as the yankees (not to mention i think scheff and matsui would of been the 5th and 6th hitters so those are the people you would have to take out not the other teams best hitters) so other teams can not cope with the losses like the yankees.

MElky batted over .300 vs the MEts, I am not sure who player right but I am sure he didn't go 0 for the seriers.

yeer right they wont give up a stud arm again like pelfrey

but i think heilman milledge anyon else is available

THE mets are built for THIS YR glavine and pedro are their rotation

they def are built for this year, next year glavine & pedro will both be another year older, which does not look good for the mets. kfitz makes a good point as well, the al west is up for grabs it wud be shocking to see any big names being traded away from that division. althought whoever makes it from that division will be knocked out in the 1st round of the postseason anyway.

and gotmilk....we might complain that the mets made it to the ws because of a weak league, but if they beat a strong AL TEAM i know i wud ( and i think everyone else) wud give them the credit they deserve

If I hear anymore about scheff and matsui I will kill myself. When Moose or johnson pitches the yankees starting nine makes like 80 million so its not like they do not have talented players in the lineup.To say "if you took beltran or delgado, or manny and ortiz, or whoever out of the lineup blablabla" is silly, because most teams do not have the 1-4 hitters as the yankees (not to mention i think scheff and matsui would of been the 5th and 6th hitters so those are the people you would have to take out not the other teams best hitters) so other teams can not cope with the losses like the yankees.

MElky batted over .300 vs the MEts, I am not sure who player right but I am sure he didn't go 0 for the seriers.

and who are you??

are u serious man? do u know what the yankee line-up looked like last night?

1) damon -cf

2) cairo - 2b

3) jeter - ss

4) giambi - dh

5)b. williams - rf

6)andy phillips - 1b

7)melky cabrera - lf

8) n. green - 3b

9) kelly stinnet - c

THAT LINEUP IS A JOKE AND WE STILL WON.

we lost our best clutch hitter, and 2 of top 3 rbi producers...not making excuses but if we had them in our lineup we had be winning alot more games

just imagine "if" the mets won the world series this year..

all we would hear is "you guys had an easy division/league..blah..blah..blah"

nah...if you win the ws you wont hear that from me...i will however say "even light sometime shines on a dogs ass"...but i wish i would have known you back in 2000...i made a bet with a die-hard mets fan and since i won he isnt allowed to say shit to me (although he still does) about his team winning...

You keep basing this on money. It's not about money, it's about talent. Take 60 hr's and 250 rbi's away from any team and it's going to have an impact. Yes, RJ make a ton of money, but he isn't anywhere near the level we expected and never will. If anything he's a grossly overpaid #3 starter. Matsui and Sheff (along with Jeter) are also probably our most clutch hitters. I like Melky a lot but he (and whoever we stick in right) is only a defensive upgrade at best...

Here is the middle of the Mets order: (I'm listing them best to worst)

Wright

Beltran

Delgado

Floyd

Here is the middle of the Yankee order: (same deal)

A-Rod

Scheff

Matsui

Giambi

You could even make the arguement that with A-Rod's "clutch" prowess that Scheff is the Yankees most dangerous hitter. To taking Beltran and Delgado out of the Mets line-up is a very valid comparison...

That's it, I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS PLACE! I can't fucking take this shit anymore. How many times are we gonna argue the same shit over and over?

d00d, mets are the suck cuz they play in the NL

ya, but umm, theyre 3-3 against the yankees, OMG HIGH-FIVE!

so what duder, yankees have alot of injewries and stuff

OMG you cant use that excuse cause umm injewries are part of the game!

*ENTER SECOND METS FAN*

LOLLERSKATES, GAYROD GOT BOOD LAST NIGHT, AND OMG DID YOU SEE HIS ERRORS, I READ IN THE NY POST HE WENT TANNING IN CENTRAL PARK WITH HIS DAUGHTER, LOL!

ya, and remember when they lost to the red sox in 2004...OMG WORST CHOKE IN HISTORY!! *METS FANS POST LAUGHING SMILEYS*

That's it, I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS PLACE! I can't fucking take this shit anymore. How many times are we gonna argue the same shit over and over?

*ENTER SECOND METS FAN*

LOLLERSKATES, GAYROD GOT BOOD LAST NIGHT, AND OMG DID YOU SEE HIS ERRORS, I READ IN THE NY POST HE WENT TANNING IN CENTRAL PARK WITH HIS DAUGHTER, LOL!

ya, and remember when they lost to the red sox in 2004...OMG WORST CHOKE IN HISTORY!! *METS FANS POST LAUGHING SMILEYS*

INJEWRIES? in case you forgot the red sox were favored to win that series in 2004, if the yankees won it would have been an upset. the were simply the better team. if you wanna talk about chokes how bout the 2000 world series when ur beloved mets only won one game.

*ENTER SECOND METS FAN*

"OF COURSE KARL IS ENTITLED TO HIS OWN OPINIONS"

stockton1.jpg

INJEWRIES? in case you forgot the red sox were favored to win that series in 2004, if the yankees won it would have been an upset. the were simply the better team. if you wanna talk about chokes how bout the 2000 world series when ur beloved mets only won one game.

You're really good at detecting sarcasm, I think.

You keep basing this on money. It's not about money, it's about talent. Take 60 hr's and 250 rbi's away from any team and it's going to have an impact. Yes, RJ make a ton of money, but he isn't anywhere near the level we expected and never will. If anything he's a grossly overpaid #3 starter. Matsui and Sheff (along with Jeter) are also probably our most clutch hitters. I like Melky a lot but he (and whoever we stick in right) is only a defensive upgrade at best...

What I am saying is that because the yanks spend the amount of money they do on talent they can lose 60 hr's and 250 rbi's and still be ok.

example would be the yankess are 3rd in team average,12th in homeruns,2nd in rbi's,ect.Would things be higher with scheff and shemp sure, but with a payroll that high the yankees (and sox) can afford to lose their 5 and 6 hitters and still be ok.

Here is the middle of the Mets order: (I'm listing them best to worst)

Wright

Beltran

Delgado

Floyd

Here is the middle of the Yankee order: (same deal)

A-Rod

Scheff

Matsui

Giambi

You could even make the arguement that with A-Rod's "clutch" prowess that Scheff is the Yankees most dangerous hitter. To taking Beltran and Delgado out of the Mets line-up is a very valid comparison...

but the yankees 1 and 2 hitters are better then the mets 1-2 hitters so losing those guys for the mets would hurt more then for the yanks.(then again the play in the nl so that would even it out.

explain to me exactly what sarcasm is please?

I think the whole point of Karl Malone's (Jimmy Kimmel bit, btw) post is that this whole Mets/Yankees debate has been argued ad nauseam. I'm guilty of it myself, but holy shit. This is getting retarded now. You're new here so you haven't seen it all. But stick around and you'll eventually get tired of it too.

I think the whole point of Karl Malone's (Jimmy Kimmel bit, btw) post is that this whole Mets/Yankees debate has been argued ad nauseam. I'm guilty of it myself, but holy shit. This is getting retarded now. You're new here so you haven't seen it all. But stick around and you'll eventually get tired of it too.

hate to tell u but im not new here, i joined cp back in 2002, way before most of the people on here. i just dont make it my life like some of these people do. i read the sports forum all the time, its just recently i decided to actually add my 2 cents to it. once met fans stop talking shit bout the yanks, then us yankee fans will stop arguing at nasuseam. take it easy bro gonna enjoy debating sports with you too.....ur posts have always cracked me up in the past

What I am saying is that because the yanks spend the amount of money they do on talent they can lose 60 hr's and 250 rbi's and still be ok.

example would be the yankess are 3rd in team average,12th in homeruns,2nd in rbi's,ect.Would things be higher with scheff and shemp sure, but with a payroll that high the yankees (and sox) can afford to lose their 5 and 6 hitters and still be ok.

That's all fine and dandy, but "ok" isn't gonna cut it in the AL unlike AAAA.... Also, the reason they Yankees have such a large gap in payroll isn't because they have a superstar at every position. Most of it is because we have players who signed contracts around 2000 or 2001 when the market was different. Would you rather have Ortiz at 8 million or Giambi at 18 million?? Would you rather have Schilling at 12 million or Moose at 18 million or RJ at 16 million?? Also in today's market Jeter & A-Rod wouldn't be making anywhere near what they are making now. On paper the Yankees aren't much better than any other good team out there...

but the yankees 1 and 2 hitters are better then the mets 1-2 hitters so losing those guys for the mets would hurt more then for the yanks.(then again the play in the nl so that would even it out.

I agree on Lo Duca, but Jose Reyes is a pretty sick player...

I don't remember ever arguing about A-Rod taking some sun in the middle of Central Park a few hours before a game...who is this Karl Malone character? If he is going to try and be funny atleast get the fact straights :rolleyes:

oh and clubber it was very convenient you posted last nights lineup when the highest paid ever happened to be getting the night off :rolleyes:

You can plug AROD into that lineup and it still isn't very good. Posada, Cano, Matsui, and Sheffield are all not in there. That's alot of fucking offense.

Anyway, injuries are part of the game, so I'm not going to make any excuses for the Yankees. I'm starting to get more and more confident in their starting pitching. RJ is pitching alot better. Moose has been good all season. So has Wang, and Wright hasn't been all that bad. I mean, he can't get past the 5th inning but whatever. We do need one more starter, and maybe a Reggie Sanders type player.

I'm also not ready to concede that the WC can't come out of the AL EAST. Fuck what AROD says.