Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SHILOH @ LoVe....Friday 7/21

anyone going to this,,,,,

Shiloh is a great producing duo out there rite now. Curious as to if the NYC crowd will enjoy what they have to offer

This will be a great night! Mercurio from Argentina is also playing. He does a really cool live act using guitar & ableton live as he dj's, very big in South America.

This will be a great night! Mercurio from Argentina is also playing. He does a really cool live act using guitar & ableton live as he dj's, very big in South America.

I made a mix last year that contains 7 Mercurio tracks (and a couple others from different artists). It's more of a chill-out / opening mix, check it out before you go see him tomorrow night! :)

http://www.jasonjollins.com/realaudio/JasonJollinsMarchProtonMixPartOne.mp3

Enjoy and see you tomorrow night!

Jason

-

Guest onisakura

Whoa, are you serious?? Man i want to go to this. Kinda strange that i didn't get an email about it. It really upsets me how little effort they put in getting people to go there. THe sound is the best in the city, but the lack of vibe just KILLS it all. I wish they would do a little more.

Shiloh are amazing. A few sets here: http://www.hybridized.org/sets/?artist=9

Guest onisakura
Sounds like fun, but unfortunately I'll have to pass. Gotta support the Robot boys on their final gig of their weekly party at Deville...

Hey i'm planning on going to that. :)

Whoa, are you serious?? Man i want to go to this. Kinda strange that i didn't get an email about it. It really upsets me how little effort they put in getting people to go there. THe sound is the best in the city, but the lack of vibe just KILLS it all. I wish they would do a little more.

Shiloh are amazing. A few sets here: http://www.hybridized.org/sets/?artist=9[/quote

yes i agree, i never see that place with a good crowd and vibe but great sounds system and feel , they need to hire better promoters

Shiloh are amazing. A few sets here: http://www.hybridized.org/sets/?artist=9

yes i agree, i never see that place with a good crowd and vibe but great sounds system and feel , they need to hire better promoters

I disagree. Aside from having the best sound in the city, an amazing dj booth, and a unique environment - the vibe at Love is tops.

Nothing against the Avalon crowd or other big clubs that share that type of crowd, but that just isn't Love.

As far as promotions, you can go to there site at any time and see what is happening there. http://www.MusicIsLove.net

Or you can go to http://www.UnitedUnderground.com to see what is happening on Friday nights.

-

Guest onisakura
I disagree. Aside from having the best sound in the city, an amazing dj booth, and a unique environment - the vibe at Love is tops.

Nothing against the Avalon crowd or other big clubs that share that type of crowd, but that just isn't Love.

As far as promotions, you can go to there site at any time and see what is happening there. http://www.MusicIsLove.net

Or you can go to http://www.UnitedUnderground.com to see what is happening on Friday nights.

-

Maybe its just been the times that i have gone, but even Tedd Patterson agreed that the vibe was definitely lacking. It never quite fills up enough to give it that cozy feel and empties out fairly quickly despite the fact that they stay open pretty late.

I dont see what Avalon has to do with anything, if you're going to compare a small room with a vibe i'd mention Sullivan Room or Le Souk on a sunday or even Cafe DeVille for a Robots party. Cielo is on a whole different level.

Bottom line, its just my personal opinion but i think they could do a little better at working on getting a regulars crowd in there.

Maybe its just been the times that i have gone, but even Tedd Patterson agreed that the vibe was definitely lacking. It never quite fills up enough to give it that cozy feel and empties out fairly quickly despite the fact that they stay open pretty late.

I dont see what Avalon has to do with anything, if you're going to compare a small room with a vibe i'd mention Sullivan Room or Le Souk on a sunday or even Cafe DeVille for a Robots party. Cielo is on a whole different level.

Bottom line, its just my personal opinion but i think they could do a little better at working on getting a regulars crowd in there.

Tedd Patterson night in April was great! Packed crowd and amazing vibe all night. Tedd had a blast, I don't know why he would have said that.

Le Souk, Sullivan Room, Ciello, Cafe DeVille w/ Robots - these venues have been around for years, Love is still a very new venue.

These venues you mentioned have sub promoters and do mass promotions & pr (aside from Le Souk) and they still have empty nights from time to time.

I totally hear where you are coming from and agree with you to a point, but perhaps you have gone there on the wrong nights.

Love doesn't have sub-promoters or mass marketing and they don't work in the way these other clubs do. There intention isn't to pack the place out with any random person as long as people are there.

It's a 300 person venue with a unique, underground, and music driven vibe. If they wanted to pack it out and were only interested in money, they would hire sub-promoters / do bottle service and it would be packed with ease. But the vibe and integrity of the venue would be sacrificed.

There's no question that the venue is building and many people "Love" Love and go there regularly. I think it has an unmatched vibe in NYC and is an amazing venue.

-

after festivus (the one time i was there) love was pretty packed all night long - i left at 5am and still a good amount of people there....so that's my memory of it.....hmmmmm didn't realize it was like that

Guest onisakura
Plus it kinda sucks when the bar portion of the club is filled and the main dancefloor is almost empty...

This is absolutely true.

I am aware that its a newer venue and familiarity of a place contributes a lot to the vibe of a spot. Don't get me wrong, i definitely like it a lot and i'm sure in time it will be one of those places that you know you will always run into familiar faces and are guaranteed to have a great time with great music.

What club isn't like that at 11pm?

-

It isn't just at 11pm. Also, the difference is that at other places the bar is relatively close to the dancefloor so the space looks filled even if no one is dancing. At Love, the bar is in the opposite end of the club so an empty dancefloor just doesn't look right imo...

Anyway, I am not trying to start any drama. I happen to like the place very much. I think the reason why people worry about the numbers is bacause they enjoy going there and would hate to see the place close down because not enough patrons supported. I wish Love nothing but the best in the future...

PS: Any plans to get the AC working in there??

I always have a blast at love. Aside from Sully(my home away from home) Its my favorite place to chill.. I think the vibe is always top notch too whether its 10 people or 300. Its cheap at the door, drinks are inexpensive, the staff are all wonderful and the music is ALWAYS on point.... I kinda appreciate the fact that its low key and you have to search to know whats goin on, it makes it feel more special in a way.. If ya need a packed house to catch a vibe then stick to the mega clubs and leave Love alone.

Kinda strange that i didn't get an email about it.

That is strange..I got 2.. one from Love and one from United Underground.... sign up for the email lists..

hate to burst everyones bubble but Love is going down really fast.from what i hear it wont stay open past septenber which is a shame.maybe if the owner steven would get off the drugs and stop acting like a freakin mad man it would work.the mans a piece of shit he still owes my friends about 5,000 that he still hasnt paid.my friends did everything for that club than steven just up and fired him.sooo either steven's gonna pay or he is going to court.one of many.he is already in danger of losing his liqour liscense for not paying the distributor.wish someone had the money to take that place over.