Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Andrea Yates - not guilty? WTF!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest onisakura
dude.. no offense... but what do you know????

there were 12 jurors who found her insane.. were you there to hear all the facts??

See, here's the real bad part. Its not as easy as what they believe....its more about what can and cannot be proven according to the "court of law". They are forced to make a decision as a whole, and to weigh the minutae, not really look at it as a whole. Like silver said, who the hell can believe the absurdity of her being truly insane by methodically taking each of her children and consciously killing them? Holding their heads under water while they fight for their lives....

I dont believe that shit for a second.

dude.. no offense... but what do you know????

there were 12 jurors who found her insane.. were you there to hear all the facts??

There was no plan to kill the kids you say? Then who filled up the bath tub? - she did. I'd say that was a plan.

Who dragged the kids one at a time into the tub and drowned them? - she did

It's not like she picked up a pistol and shot them, then I would agree that there was no planning. But doing what she did, regardless of how long it was planned out, did in fact have to be planned out.

There was no plan to kill the kids you say? Then who filled up the bath tub? - she did. I'd say that was a plan.

It's not like she picked up a pistol and shot them, then I would agree that there was no planning. But doing what she did, regardless of how long it was planned out, did in fact have to be planned out.

AMEN

i think you're nitpicking... in your theory picking up a gun would be pre-meditated as well.. "she planned on killing them so she picked up the gun and shot them each one by one" still premeditated by your definition..

the lady was psychotic..... it's not like she had a history of abusing the kids and then took it too far one day...

when people get psychotic they sometimes do drastic things.. the filter that normally blocks out these crazy thoughts isnt there... thats why they completely lose touch with reality.. i've seen psychotic people just start attacking random people because they thought the people were after them... it's not pre-meditated.. it's pure impulsivity...

Guest onisakura

Grabbing your FIVE (5) kids and one by one shoving their heads under water does not constitute impulsivity.

Grabbing your FIVE (5) kids and one by one shoving their heads under water does not constitute impulsivity.

how is that different from shooting them one by one?? maybe that is the only means she had to kill them.. think about it.. how many different ways can you kill somebody aside from a stabbing, shooting or drowning somebody in your house..

if she ran to the store, bought a gun and came back and shot them one by one then it would be premeditated no doubt... but she was still suffering from psychosis..

i ahve to go to work so i'll leave on this note...

what if someone suffers from sleepwalking and accidentally shoots somebody and kills them while sleeping?? what about an alzheimers patient who does the same?? what about junior soprano??

what if someone suffers from sleepwalking and accidentally shoots somebody and kills them while sleeping?? what about an alzheimers patient who does the same?? what about junior soprano??

this i just brought up bc these people (sleepwalkers and alzheimers patients) have no touch with reality as does somebody who is going through a psychotic episode.. are they guilty of a crime?? yeah.. would they have done that act in a sane frame of mind?? no...

It wasn't wether she planned it or not, it was the reasoning behind it.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/07/26/yates.trial.ap/index.html

The defense never disputed that Yates drowned her five children one by one in the bathtub of their Houston-area home. But they said she suffered from severe postpartum psychosis and, in a delusional state, believed Satan was inside her and was trying to save them from hell.
Defense attorneys presented much of the same evidence as in the first trial, including half a dozen psychiatrists who testified that Yates was so psychotic that she didn't know her actions were wrong. They said that in her delusional mind, she thought killing the youngsters was right.

Some testified about her two hospitalizations after suicide attempts in 1999, not long after her fourth child was born. At the time, the family lived in a converted bus. Dr. Eileen Starbranch, a psychiatrist, again testified about how she warned Yates and her husband not to have more children because her postpartum psychosis would probably return.

i think you're nitpicking... in your theory picking up a gun would be pre-meditated as well.. "she planned on killing them so she picked up the gun and shot them each one by one" still premeditated by your definition..

the lady was psychotic..... it's not like she had a history of abusing the kids and then took it too far one day...

when people get psychotic they sometimes do drastic things.. the filter that normally blocks out these crazy thoughts isnt there... thats why they completely lose touch with reality.. i've seen psychotic people just start attacking random people because they thought the people were after them... it's not pre-meditated.. it's pure impulsivity...

Nitpicking? You know how long it takes to fill a bath tub? :funny: That's different than grabbing a gun. That's compulsive.

And like someone said before, if she was saving her kids from the devil, who was in her... why not kill herself? Either instead of, or with, the kids?

Guest onisakura

Ok here's my question: Supposedly she is insane, the definition of which is that she didn't think what she did was wrong. So then why did she cry when she was handed the sentence? She's sane enough to care about HER welfare but not the welfare of her children? I find that fishy.

if she in fact had post partum depression, why have 5 kids to begin with?? or why not seek treatment after kid 1 or 2...?????

it looks like she got it after the 4th child... c'mon man are you telling me you wouldnt have a kid because some psychiatrist said you might be depressed afterwards???

Nitpicking? You know how long it takes to fill a bath tub? That's different than grabbing a gun. That's compulsive.

dude you are talking about a difference of a few minutes... filling a bathtub takes probably just as long as it does to go find the gun hiding under her bed in a little lockbox.. what are you arguing over... 2 minutes, most??? and just to play devil's advocate... what if the bathtub was already filled and she got this crazy vision while she was bathing 2 children??

And like someone said before, if she was saving her kids from the devil, who was in her... why not kill herself? Either instead of, or with, the kids?

you're a little over your head in this discussion... the closest you've probably come to somebody actively psychotic is "the crazy guy shouting stuff on the subway".. what do you honestly know about psychosis.. really??

while someone is actively psychotic they lose touch with reality... there is no rationale behind what they are thinking..

if they "had the devil in them," wouldn't that mean that drowning them would send them to hell? it seems like she had to come up with some line, but that one's just weak

again... there is no logic with a person who is psychotic.. but you guys are having a tough time grasping that concept for some reason..

Ok here's my question: Supposedly she is insane, the definition of which is that she didn't think what she did was wrong. So then why did she cry when she was handed the sentence? She's sane enough to care about HER welfare but not the welfare of her children? I find that fishy.

the definition is that she had no idea what she was doing... and the thing about it, is that it was an "episode".. when she came out of it.. she probably had no idea what happened and was terribly remorseful.. of course she was crying.. she unknowingly killed her 5 kids...

also one thing i dont comprehend... if 6 psychiatrists agreed she was crazy why cant you people??? i find that funny..

and lastly... what are your guys views on somebody doing the same thing while sleepwalking or an alzheimers patient doing it??? do they desrve jailtime??

u guys act like getting off for reasons of insanity is a good thing...like they go home to their apartment and be whacky and eat pancake batter and cucumbers...

these mofos r LOCKED UP in an insane asylum with other whackjobs...and sometimes i think id rather be hangin out with adabisi than john wayne gacey

you're a little over your head in this discussion... the closest you've probably come to somebody actively psychotic is "the crazy guy shouting stuff on the subway".. what do you honestly know about psychosis.. really??

A lot more than you think.