Clubplanet Nightlife Community

jet compared to light

mweath

I was wondering, if anyone could shed any light on the differences between light and jet. I know the obvious about jet having 3 different rooms, but I’m talking more about the difference really in the atmosphere and vibe. The times I’ve been to light, which admittedly was a couple years ago, it seemed kinda upscale-ish, a good time but not the greatest if you are really tryin to dance (at the level of an OPM or pure, which is more my speed). But I did enjoy it. Is jet more in line with what light is like, or is it more a place for a crowd really looking to dance and hear good music?

I was wondering, if anyone could shed any light on the differences between light and jet. I know the obvious about jet having 3 different rooms, but I’m talking more about the difference really in the atmosphere and vibe. The times I’ve been to light, which admittedly was a couple years ago, it seemed kinda upscale-ish, a good time but not the greatest if you are really tryin to dance (at the level of an OPM or pure, which is more my speed). But I did enjoy it. Is jet more in line with what light is like, or is it more a place for a crowd really looking to dance and hear good music?

In our opinion, Jet is a larger version of Light with more rooms. The main room at Jet is larger than it seems at Light, and Jet has 2 additional rooms.

Jet is owned by the same people, its just almost 3 times the size. Its the same vibe, upscalish, but yet comfortable. I think putting jet in mirage was a great location and good decision. They have been attracting a very starish crowd, almost with body english or pure

Okay obviously the VIP Host above did not take the time to read the post. And seen merely dollar signs. You already pointed out the obvious in your post about knowing the three rooms. And the size difference. And were questioning in regards to the atmosphere. Me personally I was at Jet last night. The crowd is awesome. More of an atmosphere of people looking to drink party and dance. Where as Light has a more pretentious crowd. Who are looking to be seen in the crowd of people pretending to be something they aren't.

The whole Bellagio itself attracts people because they want to stay at the 5 star hotel because they feel if they say they stayed there people will respect them more. Its a joke. So in turn Light attracts that same crowd.

Dont get me wrong. There are some people that are what they seem to be. You can easily rub elbows with millionaires in there. I am just saying there are more people that are snotty or looking to hook up with the snotty guys there.

Light is one of the worse godawful venues/nightclubs I have ever attended.

My Light experience is with a buddy and 6 random girls from SOBE, one of which is an international model, all randomly LEAVING THE VENUE 2 hours into the night because they cant stand it - I mean, if you paid me to stay there, I wouldnt lol - and going to .... lol .... risqueeeeee lol instead, that will tell you had bad it was. Going from Light to Risque was like upgrading from extra stength tylenol with codene to a baby asprin.

My take on Light vs. Jet is:

Light seems to be full of people really happy to be at Light. Not necessarily having a good time, but happy knowing they've made it "in". Kind of reminds me of some of the clubs in NYC I went to, where everyone in the place acted like they were too good for everyone else. Good comedy if you're into it.

Jet on the other hand, has a nice spectrum of folks... people having a real good time dancing, people on the prowl for other like-minded partiers, bored people looking bored nursing their drinks... and a lot of really hot women (sorry can't comment on the guys, not a good judge of 'em). Lots of people being themselves having as good a time as they can.

If you're going for the dancing, get to Jet as early as possible. By 12 it will be difficult to dance on the main floor, by 1 forget it.

I should state that I've only been to Light and Jet on their locals' nights... the weekends might have a totally different crowd. But I can say that I probably won't be going back to Light anytime soon, even with the no-wait/no cover deal locals get on Sundays.