Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mets Sign Wright and Reyes To Long Term Contracts

LMFAO, i will give it to you nmn, in a few years you guys will have "the best left side of the infield for years to come", but right now you cant compare them to jeter and a-rod. jeter and arod both ARE LOCKS FOR THE HALL OF FAME, while reyes and wright still have alot to prove. while a-rod still hasnt proven he can play in the post-season, we all know what jeter can do in the playoffs, wright and reyes are still babies, we have no idea how they will handle to pressure of october.

LMFAO, i will give it to you nmn, in a few years you guys will have "the best left side of the infield for years to come", but right now you cant compare them to jeter and a-rod. jeter and arod both ARE LOCKS FOR THE HALL OF FAME, while reyes and wright still have alot to prove. while a-rod still hasnt proven he can play in the post-season, we all know what jeter can do in the playoffs, wright and reyes are still babies, we have no idea how they will handle to pressure of october.
not for nothing but this thread was about the Mets and the Mets infield..

what does Arod or Jeter have anything to do with it but to start drama between Met and Yankee fans?

not for nothing but this thread was about the Mets and the Mets infield..

what does Arod or Jeter have anything to do with it but to start drama between Met and Yankee fans?

what the fuck is your problem man? get off you high horse ,you are not ALWAYS right. yea its a thread about the mets. nmn has an opinion that i disagree with. im not trying to cause drama at all. just offer my p.o.v. did i say that wright and reyes suck? no i admitted they are very talented, i even stated that in a few years down the road, your beloved mets will have the best left side of the infield for years to come. im simply pointing out the the yankees have a-rod and jeter who are LOCKS FOR THE HALL OF FAME, and you cannot compare reyes and wright to them just yet. all im trying to say is if i had to win a world series this year, i wud take the experience of a-rod and jeter in a heartbeat, but if i was bulding a team to make a run in the future, well i wud take wright and reyes without any second thoughts. THAT IS ALL

what the fuck is your problem man? get off you high horse ,you are not ALWAYS right. yea its a thread about the mets. nmn has an opinion that i disagree with. im not trying to cause drama at all. just offer my p.o.v. did i say that wright and reyes suck? no i admitted they are very talented, i even stated that in a few years down the road, your beloved mets will have the best left side of the infield for years to come. im simply pointing out the the yankees have a-rod and jeter who are LOCKS FOR THE HALL OF FAME, and you cannot compare reyes and wright to them just yet. all im trying to say is if i had to win a world series this year, i wud take the experience of a-rod and jeter in a heartbeat, but if i was bulding a team to make a run in the future, well i wud take wright and reyes without any second thoughts. THAT IS ALL
this thread has nothing to do with the yankees.. start your own thread if you like.

i really wish they would take away your ability to post replies for a few weeks.

:blown:

this thread has nothing to do with the yankees.. start your own thread if you like.

i really wish they would take away your ability to post replies for a few weeks.

:blown:

:clap2: ill try to post as much as possible just to make you happy! you are such a hypocrite, if you really want me to go through and count how many threads you have jacked and brought off topic in the past week? it wud take me hours......didnt think so.......this is a sports forum, and actually the thread wasn't even about the mets as much as it was about WHO HAS the BEST LEFT SIDE OF THE INFIELD, troll

I'm sorry but right now I have to say that Wright and Reyes are better then Jeter and A-Rod and they will only continue to get better while your two yankees will get older and start seeing their skills diminish. Once again a yankee fan talking about the past rather then the present and the future

I'm sorry but right now I have to say that Wright and Reyes are better then Jeter and A-Rod and they will only continue to get better while your two yankees will get older and start seeing their skills diminish. Once again a yankee fan talking about the past rather then the present and the future

ummm...I dont like pookie, but he's right here. I'd rahter have Wright and Reyes over jeter and a-rod right now

and I'm purposely leaving my team out of this discussion in case it wasnt obvious

I do not know much about your team's defense to comment

I am pretty sure the Met's outfield leads the league in assists. Beltran is having a gold glove type year and Wright and Reyes are very solid defensively. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say the Yankees are the worst of the 3 teams

atleast you are reasonable nmn, of course we both are biased towards our own teams, and i respect your opinion but i personally would rather have jeter & a-rod right now. i know jeter and a-rod will start to diminish (if they havent already) thats why i said i wud take wright and reyes if i was building a team to win it all in the next couple of years. when did i talk about the past? if your tryin to exclude the experience factor, that is being ridiculous. Look at the stats between reyes & wright and a-rod, and jeter for this year.....they are pretty much indentical (and a-rod has been in a slump all year) PRESENTLY, I would rather have a ss and 3b that have played in the postseason before than a ss and 3b who dont know what its like to play in october. im not trying to take anything away from reyes and wright, they have the potential to be one of the best ss & 3b combos in history

I do not know much about your team's defense to comment

I am pretty sure the Met's outfield leads the league in assists. Beltran is having a gold glove type year and Wright and Reyes are very solid defensively. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say the Yankees are the worst of the 3 teams

I think Beltran should be the MVP over Pujols because of offense and defense and what he can do on the basepaths.....but dont tell anybody I said that because I guarantee I'll get crucified

atleast you are reasonable nmn, of course we both are biased towards our own teams, and i respect your opinion but i personally would rather have jeter & a-rod right now. i know jeter and a-rod will start to diminish (if they havent already) thats why i said i wud take wright and reyes if i was building a team to win it all in the next couple of years. when did i talk about the past? if your tryin to exclude the experience factor, that is being ridiculous. Look at the stats between reyes & wright and a-rod, and jeter for this year.....they are pretty much indentical (and a-rod has been in a slump all year) PRESENTLY, I would rather have a ss and 3b that have played in the postseason before than a ss and 3b who dont know what its like to play in october. im not trying to take anything away from reyes and wright, they have the potential to be one of the best ss & 3b combos in history

I will give you the experience factor when it comes to Jeter...the guy has been there and won in the past but not A-Rod.

Can you give us specific reasons as to why you think Wright and Reyes are better than AROD and Jeter? Saying that they're better because they are younger is not a real reason. Both Jeter and AROD are in their prime. and if you want to say Wright has been better this season than AROD, that's fine But please do not say reyes is better than jeter.

I don't feel like going on with this shit. you're getting really boring with this hype up the Mets shit.

You want to talk about the present? cool, were in first place and on our way to winning another division title when everyone basically wrote us off in the preseason. You wanna talk about the future? Fine. Wang looks like a future 20 game winner. Cano looks to be a an all-star second basemen for years to come. Every scout is rating Phillip Hughes to be an ace. And Jeter, AROD, Abreu, Damon, and Matsui are all ony about 31, 32 years old. If we can get a couple of ings with this group then you can shove your "left side of the infield youth" up your ass, because it won't mean shit unless you actually win.

Anyway, what difference does it make how much younger your infield is when we're going to kick your fucking dicks in in the Subway Series II?

Can you give us specific reasons as to why you think Wright and Reyes are better than AROD and Jeter? Saying that they're better because they are younger is not a real reason. Both Jeter and AROD are in their prime. and if you want to say Wright has been better this season than AROD, that's fine But please do not say reyes is better than jeter.

I don't feel like going on with this shit. you're getting really boring with this hype up the Mets shit.

You want to talk about the present? cool, were in first place and on our way to winning another division title when everyone basically wrote us off in the preseason. You wanna talk about the future? Fine. Wang looks like a future 20 game winner. Cano looks to be a an all-star second basemen for years to come. Every scout is rating Phillip Hughes to be an ace. And Jeter, AROD, Abreu, Damon, and Matsui are all ony about 31, 32 years old. If we can get a couple of ings with this group then you can shove your "left side of the infield youth" up your ass, because it won't mean shit unless you actually win.

Anyway, what difference does it make how much younger your infield is when we're going to kick your fucking dicks in in the Subway Series II?

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: THANK GOD I WAS WAITING FOR A YANKEE FAN TO COME AND TAKE MY BACK, WELL SAID!

I'm not talking about their age although that is just an added bonus...I feel like the two of them right now are better then Jeter and ARod right now

I don't feel like going digging but I saw somewhere that showed Jeter's stats compared to Reyes' stats during the same period when Jeter first came up and they are almost identical. And no I don't think Wright will ever put up the type of numbers ARod can but he has the Jeter factor in him which makes it easy for fans to embrace him. He has proven this year alone already by winning numerous games for us that he is more clutch then ARod has been his entire career.

If you don't like my opinions then don't reply to them

I'm not talking about their age although that is just an added bonus...I feel like the two of them right now are better then Jeter and ARod right now

I don't feel like going digging but I saw somewhere that showed Jeter's stats compared to Reyes' stats during the same period when Jeter first came up and they are almost identical. And no I don't think Wright will ever put up the type of numbers ARod can but he has the Jeter factor in him which makes it easy for fans to embrace him. He has proven this year alone already by winning numerous games for us that he is more clutch then ARod has been his entire career.

If you don't like my opinions then don't reply to them

dont reply to the statments/opinions you make on a sports message board?

how is reyes better than jeter this season ?

what did i say?

upon fuurther review of the thread i guess you didnt say anything about jeter/arod vs reyes/wright

but to say its not a yankee thread and only a met thread when the opening statement is challenging the rest of the league and the left sidde of the infield warrants some kind of drug testing/neurological checkup

also you are at war with my lover and soulmate Montbh

therefore your are my sworn enemy