Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why do fat people fool themselves into thinking they are eating healthy?

so I go buy an egg white spinach omelet at my local deli here in downtown Manhattan (usually I eat fiber one cereal).. so these two fat cows are on line ahead of me ordering..

one orders 2 fried eggs with bacon and cheese and lettuce/tomato on a 'wrap' (emphasizing that it be on a wrap) while the other orders the same on wheat bread with mayo on the bread..

even though most people mock the "diet coke with big mac and fries" thing, I see the benefit in ordering a diet coke..but these women bothered me for some reason.. they really thought their meal wasnt "that" bad..

i guess thats one of the reasons, fat people stay fat

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most obese Americans claim to eat healthfully

August 2, 2006

ASSOCIATED PRESS

ATLANTA -- More than three-quarters of Americans who are obese say they have healthy eating habits, a survey of more than 11,000 people has found.

About 40% of obese people also said they do vigorous exercise at least three times a week, the telephone survey found.

"There is, perhaps, some denial going on. Or there is a lack of understanding of what does it mean to be eating healthy, and what is vigorous exercise," said Dr. David Schutt of Thomson Medstat, the Ann Arbor-based health-care research company that did the survey.

The survey also found that 28% of obese people reported snacking two or more times a day, only slightly more than 24% of the people with normal weight who said they did.

But the survey did not ask what -- and how much -- they ate, noted Dr. Jeffrey Koplan of Atlanta's Emory University.

"The questions leave out quantity," said Koplan, who chairs an Institute of Medicine committee on progress in preventing childhood obesity.

About two-thirds of Americans are overweight or heavier, and nearly one-third are obese, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported.

Survey respondents were contacted through random dialing from January through March. Surveyors relied on respondents to be truthful about their height, weight and other answers. About 3,100 of the people in the survey are obese or morbidly obese; about 4,200 more are overweight; about 3,800 have a normal weight, and about 200 were underweight, Thomson Medstat said.

Those demographics are generally consistent with the federal health survey that actually measures and weighs people, said Schutt, the company's associate medical director.

Thomson Medstat is a data collection and analysis company that contracts on health projects with the federal government and about 20 states.

The survey's margin of error was plus or minus 1 percentage point.

what makes you think they thought of their meals as healthy rather then that is just what they enjoy to eat?
the fact that they emphasized "wrap" and the other "wheat bread".. they were prolly doing the 'low carb' thing..but then why would they use ketchup?

who knows.. just an observation

not to be a dick but you seem to talk alot about how healthy you eat and working out yet physically you don't look all that good...do you ever think you are just wasting your time?
well your point was to be a dick..

and you really should be the last to comment about how other people look

why's that?

I haven't lifted a weight in a few years so I put nothing in to how I look...well actually years and years of drinking and eating bad may have something to do with my gut and lack of muscles but my point is you put all this effort in to looking good yet it hasn't really worked out for you. I'd much rather look the way I do and live the way I live rather then how you do

why's that?

I haven't lifted a weight in a few years so I put nothing in to how I look...well actually years and years of drinking and eating bad may have something to do with my gut and lack of muscles but my point is you put all this effort in to looking good yet it hasn't really worked out for you. I'd much rather look the way I do and live the way I live rather then how you do

how do you know the way I live?

and maybe if you put more effort into yourself, youd meet more girls and rely less on strippers.

I'm going based off of your constant post on your eating and work out habits...listen if it makes you feel better about yourself than that is all that matters. What I say shouldn't effect you one bit it's just my opinion.

and there is nothing wrong with meeting strippers. you wish your girlfriend didn't have you by the balls and you could actually go out one night and maybe talk to a member of the opposite sex

I'm going based off of your constant post on your eating and work out habits...listen if it makes you feel better about yourself than that is all that matters. What I say shouldn't effect you one bit it's just my opinion.

and there is nothing wrong with meeting strippers. you wish your girlfriend didn't have you by the balls and you could actually go out one night and maybe talk to a member of the opposite sex

:laugh: you dont know anything about my relationship to even comment. Ive prolly been out more than you this past year...just because i dont make meetup threads/reviews doesnt mean i dont go out.

why's that?

i can agree that there is pleasure in self destruction like cigarettes & snacky cakes. but i emphasized may because u damn well know that these are what keep u down.

tuff part is finding balance. who wants to count every single calorie & never enjoy a hot fudge sundae for the rest of your life. that isn't enjoying life but suffering thru your existence to maintain some ideal body. is the pleasure in your mirror really worth sacrificing rare joys like the every once in a while fat & sugar?

on the other hand if u never restrict your pleasure, then u are gonna get so fat they have to roll u onto the elevator. there is joy in taking care of your body & doing yourself right. it feels good to know that u still fit into your clothes. sex is always better with someone that takes care of themself because they have confidence (not the cocky irritating kind, but the self assured "why yes i am" kind)

i can agree that there is pleasure in self destruction like cigarettes & snacky cakes. but i emphasized may because u damn well know that these are what keep u down.

tuff part is finding balance. who wants to count every single calorie & never enjoy a hot fudge sundae for the rest of your life. that isn't enjoying life but suffering thru your existence to maintain some ideal body. is the pleasure in your mirror really worth sacrificing rare joys like the every once in a while fat & sugar?

on the other hand if u never restrict your pleasure, then u are gonna get so fat they have to roll u onto the elevator. there is joy in taking care of your body & doing yourself right. it feels good to know that u still fit into your clothes. sex is always better with someone that takes care of themself because they have confidence (not the cocky irritating kind, but the self assured "why yes i am" kind)

while the cosmetic benefits are certainly there, the real purpose in eating healthy is be healthy and not die of a heart attack at the age of 50 or any other related diseases.