Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crobar Las Vegas

vegasguy25

First they were going into Planet Hollywood/Aladdin, then they were lined up for NYNY. Had a chat with a senior manager involved in food/bev at NYNY last Wednesday, asked if he knew anything about Crobar, he said that it's still moving forward, just slowly. His opinion was that it was more related to politics and concerns about control of the venue.

Third-hand rumor stuff but hey, that's what the Web was bult on. :)

Hey, I think that is as good as the stuff I read, third hand or not. Last week I read in the Circuit that Crobar was off. The next day, I read a press release from their new PR agency talking about how they picked up Crobar Las Vegas as a client. Then today, I read in the Eye on Vegas that it is off due to financing issues. So, surely you can see how one would be confused about the future of the venue...lol.

Probably worth adding that (from what people have told me) Crobar is looking at a mid/late 2007 opening in Vegas at this point... so whether straight up financing or politics or whatever, I don't think there's any real rush, especially not with Playboy opening this year and LAX committed to Vegas (most likely in Luxor). Could very well be that Crobar's investment/management is recognizing that even in a place like Vegas, there is such a thing as critical mass...

Hey Guys....

I actually had a friend who was a possible shareholder. The original location was Planet Hollywood/Aladdin and it has moved over to NYNY.

I will say this. I have heard of financing issues from quite a few people. So everyone is right on point there. I will also say that Greenie is right there. With the fact that LAX will be opening in LUXOR that is already done. As well as the Roxy, and something else can't think of it off the top of my head.

The project over at the Luxor is a 3 component project. It is a fine dining restaurant, a theater, and a club. The club LAX. The Roxy not sure what that is...And something else. All owned by Pure Management. Basically Pure is trying to get the tourist dialed in for the whole night. Dinner, Show, Club. And they will be selling packages accordingly.

So with all that said. I can see why Crobar if smart is taking there time. Especially since LAX is only right down a tram ride and a walk over a bridge. Also keep in mind Pure Management locked in Mansion over at Paris. I believe Risque. So lots of new projects. As well as a few others that I have to keep under wraps. ;-) That and I don't have all the details to speak on just yet.