Clubplanet Nightlife Community

In Memory of Blueangel - September 11

I don't know anyone on this board anymore and I hardly stop by to visit- but back in the day I recognized a whole bunch of individuals who would post regularly and I even get into fights with some of them. One of them being Blueangel.

Back in 01' I read on here that she perished at WTC.

I'll never forget that post. Until today, I am shocked that someone so young and vibrant and so unworthy of pain met that fate.

I wonder where you are Blueangel. If you have a computer in the sky- can you send me a thread to let me know what a swine I am. I miss that - It's the little things in life that are alot more powerful.

God Bless you. I remember someone posting her real name- but it slips my mind- she will always be the angel.

RIP Blueangel.

-iliana

Mitch- are you still on here?

720.jpg

Kyung "Kaccy" Hee Cho

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was Caregiver, Peacemaker Among Family and Friends

Dec. 27, 2001

Kyung "Casey" Cho, 30, of Clifton, N.J., worked in the insurance industry, but she spent much of her free time counseling friends in matters of the heart.

"All her friends went to her for advice," said Cho's sister, Jin. "She saved a lot of marriages."

Cho was also a source of strength for her family, serving as caretaker and peacemaker in a household that included her mother, two sisters and a nephew.

She was her family's primary wage earner, having recently started a new job at Marsh & McLennan, a professional services firm with offices on floors 93-100 in the north tower of the World Trade Center.

Cho was at work the morning of Sept. 11, when a hijacked jetliner crashed into her building, causing it to collapse. Jin Cho last spoke with her sister the night before the terrorist attack. They agreed to have lunch on Sept. 11 after Casey decided she couldn't afford to skip work that day.

"We talked about playing hooky," Jin said. "It's one of those, 'What Ifs,' you think about."

Cho and her sisters were born in South Korea but moved with their parents to the United States in the mid-1970s, settling in Ozark, Mo., where the sister of Cho's father, Paul, lived. The family moved to New Jersey in the early '80s.

Cho graduated from Rutherford High School in Rutherford, N.J., and studied business and finance in college. She had several jobs before going to work for Merrill Lynch in New York City.

After working for Merrill Lynch for several years in the World Financial Center, she moved to nearby Marsh & McLennan in 2001. She worked in the company's insurance branch and handled environmental claims, her sister said.

Away from work, Cho enjoyed writing short stories and poems, doing charity work and caring for her family, which was dealt a financial and emotional blow in 1994 when her father died of a stroke at 52.

In addition to her sister Jin, Cho is survived by her mother, Yuree; and a sister, Myung.

--Rob Fernas (Los Angeles Times)

I remember Marsh, they were right below us in the world trade center...... no one made it out alive.

Did you even know blueangel?

there was an original post from her saying she was scared, but we got a new 22 year old moderator and he locked/deleted it when i bumped it up

I remember Marsh, they were right below us in the world trade center...... no one made it out alive.

Did you even know blueangel?

there was an original post from her saying she was scared, but we got a new 22 year old moderator and he locked/deleted it when i bumped it up

I knew her Via Clubnyc website and met her once at exit. We fought on this board (but I fought with alot of people)

I think about her every year on September 11.

hehateme- you were at work that day? Apparently - no one above the 90th floor made it out. Where did you work?

iliana -

thanks for the rememberance. it was extremely thoughtful and poignant of you.

i met Casey a couple of times and was always (incredibly) impressed with how much zeal and enthusiasm she'd organize meetups both at the clubs and elsewhere...to not have met a woman of her character and fortitude was in and of itself unfortunate for those who, well, never did.

God Bless to all those who lost something or someone that was once part of their life until that day.

-alpha

Casey was an incredible person...

She was close with many of us on this board, and everyone that I keep in touch with from those days still talks about her all the time.

She was one of the most outgoing and generous people you ever met...truely a good soul.

I cant believe its been 5 years :(

I got to know her pretty well the year prior to 9/11 and cherish all the times I had with her.

Its crazy its been so long...

R.I.P. you are very missed

oh and Iliana...no Mitch does not post on here anymore. I see him out occasionally nowadays. Maybe once or twice a year. He is doing well...

Most of the former CLUBNYC heads dont post anywhere anymore, you can still find a bunch at www. rhythmism .com tho

Casey was good people. I met her at a meet-up she organized where I met some folks that I still call my friends to this day.

I never come here anymore, partly because my original name was phonked and partly because I know no one and partly because I rarely club.

I came on here today to see if there was any remembrance of her and I'm glad to see there was. And by Iliana of all people! That so rocks.

Hi Alpha.

glowball, alpha- you guys are still here. It's nice to see familiar names. :)

This day is almost over- thank God. I've been sort of in prayer for nine hours- you know when you are working but in the back of your mind you know to be respectful and you know that this day will be a solemn day for the rest of your life.

I miss NYC pre 2001. I miss working at 2 World Financial Center in 2000/2001, grabbing lunch on Church Street, and then going to Borders Books Store at 7 WTC and losing myself completely. I miss the Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck display that was on the ground floor- I can not remember what store that was for..... did anyone see that? It was there for years.

I graduated highschool in 1996 and after my graduation I went to the top of the WTC for the first and only time in my life. It was already night and it looked like I stepped out onto the universe. It was like staring out into space- and down below all you saw was this windy star -kissed city. It was beautiful. You touched the stars.

And they became stars- I believe everyone is still alive in another dimension of time and space. Through thermodynamics- their energy continues on. They were chosen to leave this earth because they were strong and they were too good for this world.

I hope that everything in life is truly a blessing in disguise. No matter how horrific it is. Just look up at the stars and believe that there is a divine plan and one day we'll understand the worst of life's situations.

-iliana

Unfortunately, I fall into that group of people who never met her personally.

But if there was one name I remember from when I used to post on this and the Twilo board back then, its hers. She definitely brought a lot energy to this place, and I'm sure her presence was all the more positive for those that got a chance to meet her.

Clearly she had a lot of passion for both music and life itself because I remember her being responsible for bringing a lot of people together through meetups....I now really regret never attending one, especially since I was probably right there in the club when many of them occured.

Though these days I never post here and rarely visit this site and my clubbing days are pretty much behind me, I had to reply to say its good to see her remembered with your post iliana.

i never knew casey but my thoughts and prayers go out to everone and their familes that lost there precious life on this day of tradigy.my uncle also died that day.it was a hard day for me.im sick of seeing all these morons making money off the greatest american disaster.i wish they would just let it be.i dont need to be reminded.

I remember a thread dedicated to her back in '01. Twas sucha beautiful solemn day yesterday just like the day it happened...I witnessed it on tv with my dad as it happened, and my dad suddenly passed away of a heart attack a yr later.

Such a tragic day for so many lookin at the ceremony readings on TV on how all these losses have badly affected each of the many families...and then with all the current CONTROVERSIES in the back of your mind as to who was responsible( I am sure some of you may know what I am talking about).

VERY UNSETTLING!!!!!

anywayz

RIP to all that lost thier lives &

condolences to the families!

I was thinking of her all day on 9/11.......I have pictures from the ICE bar meet up we had. and it was right before 9/11. That was the first time I met her.

Old Skool Here

Glowgirl!!!

I don't know anyone on this board anymore and I hardly stop by to visit- but back in the day I recognized a whole bunch of individuals who would post regularly and I even get into fights with some of them. One of them being Blueangel.

Back in 01' I read on here that she perished at WTC.

I'll never forget that post. Until today, I am shocked that someone so young and vibrant and so unworthy of pain met that fate.

I wonder where you are Blueangel. If you have a computer in the sky- can you send me a thread to let me know what a swine I am. I miss that - It's the little things in life that are alot more powerful.

God Bless you. I remember someone posting her real name- but it slips my mind- she will always be the angel.

RIP Blueangel.

-iliana

Mitch- are you still on here?