Clubplanet Nightlife Community

To David Ortiz: STFU already

lucky13

How's he not more deserving? Twins would be utter shit if he didn't pitch for them...

I don't disagree, but unless he puts up Ron Guidry / Dwight Gooden type numbers the people who vote won't vote for a pitcher... If anything he'll canabalize votes away from Morneau or Mauer...

He also said: "Jeter is not a 40-homer hitter or RBI guy. "It doesn't matter how much you've done for your ballclub, (lol orly?) the bottom line is, the guy who hits 40 home runs and knocks in 100(umm hello Jeter WILL knock in 100 this year), that's the guy you know helped your team."

wow. just. fucking. wow. First, I didn't realize WS championships are won SOLEY on offense. It tuns out the game is played on BOTH sides of the ball and defense is usually even MORE important. Isn't that what eventually helped them win a WS?

Second, I don't think he understands just how big of an edge being a DH is over a position player. A. DHs are usually very well rested thoughout the game. And B. DHs can make adjustments between at bats -- and look at video to do so. Something other players just can't do. Not to mention Jeter plays the second most difficult position and doesn't have the luxury of sitting on his ass in the dugout in between ABs.

Third, I like this line: "See what he can do in this lineup." What a fucking slap in the face to his own teammates. Otiz makes it seem like he has no protection in his lineup. How about one of the, if not THE best right handed hitters ever to play the game? Not to mention he's had one of the best lineups for the last 2 or 3 years. Didn't they break the record for runs scored last year or something? Yeah, what a bunch of scrubs.

Ortiz' game is limited to helping on offense. He can't save a run. Jeter can help save runs with his glove by turning a difficult DP or something, is an excellent baserunner, and can also steal bases.

Ortiz seems to think that only HRs and RBIs are what matter when it comes to the MVP. Look at how many 50/60 HR 100 RBI seasons had. I don't remember him winning any MVPs. Honestly , I would vote for Mauer before I'd for Ortiz. Mauer plays the most difficult position and his team is most likely going to the playoffs.

He also said: "Jeter is not a 40-homer hitter or RBI guy. "It doesn't matter how much you've done for your ballclub, (lol orly?) the bottom line is, the guy who hits 40 home runs and knocks in 100(umm hello Jeter WILL knock in 100 this year), that's the guy you know helped your team."

wow. just. fucking. wow. First, I didn't realize WS championships are won SOLEY on offense. It tuns out the game is played on BOTH sides of the ball and defense is usually even MORE important. Isn't that what eventually helped them win a WS?

Second, I don't think he understands just how big of an edge being a DH is over a position player. A. DHs are usually very well rested thoughout the game. And B. DHs can make adjustments between at bats -- and look at video to do so. Something other players just can't do. Not to mention Jeter plays the second most difficult position and doesn't have the luxury of sitting on his ass in the dugout in between ABs.

Third, I like this line: "See what he can do in this lineup." What a fucking slap in the face to his own teammates. Otiz makes it seem like he has no protection in his lineup. How about one of the, if not THE best right handed hitters ever to play the game? Not to mention he's had one of the best lineups for the last 2 or 3 years. Didn't they break the record for runs scored last year or something? Yeah, what a bunch of scrubs.

Ortiz' game is limited to helping on offense. He can't save a run. Jeter can help save runs with his glove by turning a difficult DP or something, is an excellent baserunner, and can also steal bases.

Ortiz seems to think that only HRs and RBIs are what matter when it comes to the MVP. Look at how many 50/60 HR 100 RBI seasons had. I don't remember him winning any MVPs. Honestly , I would vote for Mauer before I'd for Ortiz. Mauer plays the most difficult position and his team is most likely going to the playoffs.

My bad, Sosa did in fact win an MVP but the point is he's had a few seasons of 40-50+HR and 100+ RBI and wasn't a lock to win it or anything.

yankees fans....shut the fuck up already

the only reason Jeter is even getting considered is because the yankees are in first and there needs to be a MVP candidate from the first place team. then jeter comes out and gives some diplomatic commentary and all you yankee fans eat it up like he's god's gift to baseball. get the fuck over it

ortiz should be MVP....hands down. no one means more to their team (outside of pitching) in the american league

the only reason Jeter is even getting considered is because the yankees are in first and there needs to be a MVP candidate from the first place team. then jeter comes out and gives some diplomatic commentary and all you yankee fans eat it up like he's god's gift to baseball. get the fuck over it

ortiz should be MVP....hands down. no one means more to their team (outside of pitching) in the american league

jon...come on now...when that fat fuck plays in the field then maybe he is a candidate...until then he is a paper weight...

I'd be happy to take him on my team....and you'd be a damn liar if you wouldn't....he's the most clutch player in MLB in the last 5 years.

Again, I don't disagree but but if he were in th NL and had to play the field for 162 games he might not be viewed quite in the same light. In the AL he gets to display all of his strengths and none of his weaknesses... You are right though, I'd take him on my team any day...

all fans of teams 10 games out of first should shut the fuck up

Ortiz is a dick for what he said to his own temates and Dj

and yeh DJ said the right thing ...you expected less??

I'd be happy to take him on my team....and you'd be a damn liar if you wouldn't....he's the most clutch player in MLB in the last 5 years.

Why are you trying to start arguments that don't even exist? Nobody is advocating that they wouldn't "take him on their team" And Ortiz has not been the most clutch player in the MLB for the last 5 years. Unless of course you think his final year in Minnesota was anything worth mentioning.

Ortiz keeps mentioning HRs and RBIs as if those stats are the be-all-end-all to all statistics. Someone should tell him that RBIs are a very team dependant stat. And he wouldn't be driving in as many as he is if he were hitting in a bad lineup. How about OBP? Who leads there? And Jeter leads Ortiz in all advanced sabermetric statistics, including VORP, WARP, win shares, etc...

Maybe Red Sox fans need the MVP for Ortiz because they have nothing else to look forwad to. Boston is a joke now while there is talk around here of the '27 Yankees.

the only reason Jeter is even getting considered is because the yankees are in first and there needs to be a MVP candidate from the first place team.

This is funny considering that the overwhelming majority of MVPs(the last 30 years or so) have been picked from playoff teams. I didn't realize the MVP award equated to the "Best Slugger award" It turns out there are more than 2 stats that matter in baseball. And Jeter has better other numbers than Ortiz.

Stop crying Mr. Ortiz. One minute he says "I don't worry about [the MVP]," then he launches into a rant about how everyone else (Morneau, Mauer, Jeter, AROD) is undesreving except for him. And how the only stats that matter are RBIs. Really, why is that? Because you lead the league in that category? He was told that Morneau has a high BA and will have the most HRs in Minnesota since Kent Hrbek. He responded with "give me the guy who is driving him in give me the guy who is driving him in" Is he really that fucking stupid? What is this obsession with RBIs? Raul fucking Ibanez, playing on a horrible Seattle team is going to drive in around 120+ RBIs this year. Michael Cuddyer, 2B(!) and cleanup hitter in Minnesota, will drive in 100+ this year. RBIs are such a team dependant stat, so stop patting yourself on the back for driving in 130 in what is essentially a fucking sandbox, and with the greatest right handed hitter of all time in the lineup potecting you.

who wouldnt want him on your team??? he is clutch...but like kfitz said it would be a different story if he had to play everyday in the NL...he is a great AL dh and i would LOVE to have him as my dh...but all around players he doesnt hold a candle to jeter...

who wouldnt want him on your team??? he is clutch...but like kfitz said it would be a different story if he had to play everyday in the NL...he is a great AL dh and i would LOVE to have him as my dh...but all around players he doesnt hold a candle to jeter...

I guess...Ryan Howard sucks defensively as a 1st Baseman, but he's gonna run away with the NL MVP award...or at least he should.

This is funny considering that the overwhelming majority of MVPs(the last 30 years or so) have been picked from playoff teams. I didn't realize the MVP award equated to the "Best Slugger award" It turns out there are more than 2 stats that matter in baseball. And Jeter has better other numbers than Ortiz.

then maybe your beloved A-Rod should hand his MVP trophy back